Buyer paid separately, Can I combine and ship in one pkg or separate pkgs?

My US buyer bought multiple sewing patterns and paid separately for each. Can I combine and ship in one pkg or should I ship each one separately? It would be a saving of about $5 and I would refund the difference. Need to ship tomorrow and buyer not answering my question. If I ship each separately I will send letterpost, if combined I can send by tracked pkg. and it’s actually cheaper.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes.

Actually you may see on your All Orders list that you can put the same tracking number down once and it will auto-fill for all of them.

Unless they were six different purchases, not together, or if some were from dotCA and some fromdotCOM .

But even there one package and one number is fine.

Are you sure you will save money?

I usually send patterns LetterPost, but six would be bulky enough to require Parcel. And if you work out the rate your six patterns would cost as Tracked Packet considering they higher value of the contents... well there may not be any actual saving to pass on. But if there is... everyone loves a discount, especially one that is unexpected.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@msmaggie060 wrote:

My US buyer bought multiple sewing patterns and paid separately for each. Can I combine and ship in one pkg or should I ship each one separately? It would be a saving of about $5 and I would refund the difference. Need to ship tomorrow and buyer not answering my question. If I ship each separately I will send letterpost, if combined I can send by tracked pkg. and it’s actually cheaper.

You can send with the tracked packing and pass on the savings if you wish. Just update the tracking to the 2nd item and you will have a happy customer. Often customers purchase, pay and then fade off to sleep. Will see your messages in the AM.

-Lotz

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@msmaggie060 wrote:

You can send with the tracked packing and pass on the savings if you wish. Just update the tracking to the 2nd item and you will have a happy customer. Often customers purchase, pay and then fade off to sleep. Will see your messages in the AM.

-Lotz

Hi Lotz, so I can use the same tracking number for all 6 separate items? If so, that’s great!

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Yes.

Actually you may see on your All Orders list that you can put the same tracking number down once and it will auto-fill for all of them.

Unless they were six different purchases, not together, or if some were from dotCA and some fromdotCOM .

But even there one package and one number is fine.

Are you sure you will save money?

I usually send patterns LetterPost, but six would be bulky enough to require Parcel. And if you work out the rate your six patterns would cost as Tracked Packet considering they higher value of the contents... well there may not be any actual saving to pass on. But if there is... everyone loves a discount, especially one that is unexpected.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

For sure in this case I would combine and send tracked, remember tracking protects you!

Generally buyers would see tracking as an upgrade, $5ish is in the range I probably would refund them too, however as I mentioned the buyer is most likely to interpret the tracked shipping as being worth more anyway.

You can use the same tracking number for separate purchases no problems, I do this all the time.

(The caveat is that the buyer has to have used the same id for the purchases, I have had buyers purchase with 2 different IDs and you cannot use the same tracking number in that case)

I am of the mind you can even have .CA and .COM have the same tracking number (with the same ID), but I can't find any examples of my own, so that might not be the case. For certain you can use the same tracking number for multiple separate purchases on the same site, same id.  

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

byto253
Community Member

Assuming 6 patterns at $10 to $12 each, so total value of $60 to $75 to one buyer.  IHMHO tracked at no extra cost to you and some refund to the buyer is a no brainer.   They will be super happy having tracking, and you are protected for a reasonable purchase amount. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Yes, you can definitely combine them, and you can use the same tracking number for multiple orders to the same buyer. I usually just double check that the address is the same for all of the orders, just in case one of the purchase is a gift to someone else. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply