Buyer requirement overload

I have had a buyer from China trying to purchase china from me, 13 times! Same item, I have sent a message to explain that I don't ship to China. If it had been letter mail I would probably have done it, but not china. I am wondering if it will every stop!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Are they sending a question or are they buying it? I'm assuming you've blocked them, I can't recall if that stops them messaging you too....
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

They are already blocked. They are trying to buy, but it comes up that they are from a country that I don't ship to, but they keep trying.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Personally Blocked? or just the country?

https://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/bidding-overview.html

You can add to a personal Block that you do not want communication.

You probably already know this, but other less experienced sellers may find it useful.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

The country femmefan. I think if you have a personal block buyers cannot try to purchase, but I might be wrong. I used to mail to all countries, but after a few disasters I blocked quite a few countries, and then when the postage rates were raised and insurance removed from small packets, I only mail letter mail to even less countries.

These are the ones that come up on the buyer requirement activity log. I have a feeling that some buyers don't check it. I have had several come up from US buyers saying "countries to which I don't ship", and I have been able to contact them and remove the block, I have called eBay several times about it, and thankfully it hasn't happened for a while now.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@triber wrote:

The country femmefan. I think if you have a personal block buyers cannot try to purchase, but I might be wrong. I used to mail to all countries, but after a few disasters I blocked quite a few countries, and then when the postage rates were raised and insurance removed from small packets, I only mail letter mail to even less countries.

These are the ones that come up on the buyer requirement activity log. I have a feeling that some buyers don't check it. I have had several come up from US buyers saying "countries to which I don't ship", and I have been able to contact them and remove the block, I have called eBay several times about it, and thankfully it hasn't happened for a while now.

They can always use the guest checkout regardless of whatever block you setup. If you want a more thorough block you block the user id and email address, although the guest checkout + a disposable email address gets around that.

If it is just coming up on the buyer requirement activity log I wouldn't worry about it. The US buyers that get flagged seems to come up when they have a different primary shipping address that is outside of the US. I sometimes find this with US service members who may have a US registered ebay account but get posted overseas. There are some other ones that get flagged where I don't recognize the user id so was kind of curious about that myself and why it occasionally occurs.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply