CANADA POST IS A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Canada Post is a joke!!!!!!!!!  I checked the tracking information to see where my packages to.  It should arrive at small town in Manitoba.  It shows Winnipeg, Manitoba then Calgary, Alberta!  What kind of employees who don't read the package properly and get paid well??

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: CANADA POST IS A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postal systems no longer use a "direct" route...they haven't done that for a few years now. Mail is routed to sortation centres and then gets distributed to the destination centre, where it will find its way to the final delivery address. To the average person it makes no sense, but apparently this method is what works best for the postal systems...

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

It may have been an entirely accidental miss-sort. I've had a delivery from Calgary to Quebec City go Calgary - Wpg - Toronto - Mtl - Wpg - Mtl - Quebec City.  And Calgary - Toronto go by way of Vancouver. It happens. No rhyme or reason.

Image result for canada post sorting mail

-Lotz

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I agree with @mrdutch1001. I'm on Vancouver Island. If I mail a letter to my neighbour across the street, it gets trucked off the island to be sorted in Richmond (south of Vancouver) before getting returned to my town for delivery.

That parcel may be going through something similar.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

... What kind of employees who don't read the package properly ...

At this point no employee has been involved in reading your package label, it's all computer run scanning and sorting.  People eyes only get put to use at the local level.

Put in your request for a Canada Post shipping refund if your package does not meet the delivery time guarantee.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I wish CPC had parcel pickup (like in the US) and more reasonable International Tracking rates; otherwise I'm cool with them.
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Canada Post does have parcel pickup. It's an option when you print a Paypal shipping label.

I've also had my carrier offer to take my packages in for me as he was dropping off others, quite randomly.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Canadapost does have pick up service for Small Businesses. 3.50 per pickup unlimited number of parcels or $7.50 fee/week when you spend $2,500–$14,999. 

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpc/en/business/shipping/request-pickup.page?#!navtabd922e12

-Lotz

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Can't really hate on Canada Post service when they're at work, they have never really let me down. Only thing I wish for is they would have  a $5-10 "tracked packet" service for within Canada.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Gets hauled a long ways to get delivered across the street. In my case it is worse. Small Post Office with PO Boxes. If I am box 100 and send to box 101 (maybe 6 inches apart) it will get sent 80 miles away, sorted and sent back. I was told this is the way they (local Postal workers) it is to be done. However our local Post Mistress said it would be a cold day in hell before they would ever do something like this. So they are supposed to go the way CPC dictates but can do thing otherwise.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply