.COM Free monthly zero insertion fee listings starting August 1, 2020

For those sellers who sell on .COM:

For info on .COM Free monthly zero insertion fee listings starting August 1, 2020:

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/service-and-payments/insertion-fees-update.html

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@widgetc wrote:

If it is not introduced for Canadian sellers too we will be at a huge disadvantage.

ebay.CA has announced something will be coming for Canadian stores on August 8 -- with the bonus that managed payments will not be required to get the extra listings.

August 1:

eBay.CA Sellers who do not have a store will get an increase in monthly zero insertion fee listings from 50 to 200.

eBay.CA Basic store subscribers will get an increase from 250 to 350 for fixed price listings.

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Announcements/Free-insertion-promo-coming-to-Canada-for-stores-subscrib...

-..-

View solution in original post

Message 22 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Hopefully just like the original Covid free listing deal this will be announced for Canadian Sellers in a couple of days.

Maybe tyler@ebay knows?

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 23
latest reply

If it is not introduced for Canadian sellers too we will be at a huge disadvantage.

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

Minor listing benefit of 100 (Basic store) to 150 (non-store) extra free listings per month.

Major benefit is for stores who are in managed payments with up to 100000 extra listings in select categories.

-..-

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

The up-to 100,000 listings in selected categories will do a lot to mitigate the loss of turbo Lister for some.
Message 5 of 23
latest reply

How?

By listing as many as you can while TL is still live and then saving them in your Unsold Listings for the next time you have a Free Listings promotion?

If someone has to make new listings, that's a lot of work.

I'm holding off on relisting my US dollar listings until I know I can put the payments into my American bank account. 

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

How?

By listing as many as you can while TL is still live and then saving them in your Unsold Listings for the next time you have a Free Listings promotion?

If someone has to make new listings, that's a lot of work.

I'm holding off on relisting my US dollar listings until I know I can put the payments into my American bank account. 

No, free listings mean you can list and let them run no need to "store" listings waiting for a promo which was one of the main perks of TL.

If you stop running listings on .com you will probably get called to MP sooner rather than later.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 7 of 23
latest reply

"

How?

By listing as many as you can while TL is still live and then saving them in your Unsold Listings for the next time you have a Free Listings promotion?"

TL is dead now for uploading. It will still download though (at least it still did last night). But converting into sixbit is a major pain with many bugs. For example sometimes it will import pictures and other times it will not, It will not accept economy shipping as a choice on .ca etc. It will not allow the import of just items that ended in the last 24 hours, etc etc

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

Quote ;
How?
Unquote

Let's assume over time this listing fee change comes to Canada and MP is fully developed and then implemented for all sellers. At that point 3rd party listing services will become an unnecessary expense.

It's too late to upload everything from Turbo Lister but anyone with listings in sixbit, auctiva or any of the others will be able to upload.

I'd guess that many store subscribers would have more than ample free listing space available to keep most everything they have live and still have room to manage unsold auction listings entirely within ebay.

Even if it meant listing seasonal stuff for a day every few months I'd consider doing that rather than paying for sixbit or similar. I'd feel better doing so if ebay would provide us with some means of backing up listings... maybe File Exchange would do the trick.

Those managing listings on multiple sites would be in a different situation obviously.
Message 9 of 23
latest reply

"Even if it meant listing seasonal stuff for a day every few months I'd consider doing that rather than paying for sixbit or similar."

Just leave the up always. Someone might purchase Christmas ornaments in July.

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

I'm not surprised, I had the same sort of problems importing listings from eBay to another marketplace .
Message 11 of 23
latest reply

What a game changer. I'm thrilled about this, but they haven't called my number yet for Managed Payments, which is the criteria for the larger amounts of new free listings. I'm just learning about MP and I see we're able to keep listing on .com with a Canadian bank account, which is a relief, but I hope they won't keep us waiting long to register. I'll gladly live with the exchange rate issue, as long as I can get in on the new store subscription levels ASAP.

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

I haven't seen anything more on this for .ca has anyone heard anything yet? thanks!!

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

eBay.CA always seems to lag behind ebay COM so who knows if and when there will be any announcement pertaining to additional free listings beyond the end of July...

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

I wouldn't assume this is anything permanent.

Although it may run two or three times consecutively.

Watch out for the end dates-- like the 10,000 Free Listings that end on July 31, 2020.

One of eBay's steady income streams is from us Store subscribers who pay from $24.95 to $349.95 a month for our "free" listings*.

Hand out too many of these Free Listing promotions and Store subscribers stop paying that monthly fee.

It's a bribe (or persuasion) to sign up for Managed Payments. Which is fine. Just don't get attached.

You are still going to need a place to park the extra listings when the promotion is over.

As suggested above, you can drop them into your Unsold List and leave them, only reviving them for a few hours every 60 or 90 days.

Or keep all your pictures and descriptions in a text /jpeg file on your desktop permanently.  Slower to relist, but they won't suddenly disappear.

* There are a few other perks.

Message 15 of 23
latest reply

Are you fully abreast of the news about the store subscriptions though? We're talking about permanent increases in free listings for store subscribers here, not time-limited listing promotions like the ones we're used to. The reason I'm allowing myself to get my hopes up is because the announcement literally used the word permanent:

"Starting August 1, 2020, you will get a permanent increase in monthly zero insertion fee listings so you can continue to introduce, test, and sell new inventory."

I've been a store subscriber on and off for about 10 years, so I've been here for the ebb and flow of fee changes and promotions, and I remember the "bribes" to get us through the Canadian currency change too. Once the promotions dried up so did my selling activity, and I'd lost hope of them ever coming back at this level, so my mind is blown that they seem to have finally seen the light and done the math that it's a win/win for sellers with larger inventories and lower sell-through rates and for them... one silver lining of all the craziness of 2020 maybe.

I'm more than willing to maintain or upgrade my store subscription to accommodate all my inventory, as well as SixBit. The insertion fees were always the barrier. What I was saying to @skylarstuff is just that if we're able to sign up for MP before August 1, it would save us the chore of having to manually end thousands of listings from the promo that ends July 31, because they could just roll over into our store listings. Registering for MP is the criteria for those new "free" listings, and we can't opt in until they invite us to, which might take a while.

You make a good point that if they keep this change, we might be able to manage larger inventories directly in eBay from now on without a third-party program, because the 90-day period won't be an issue if the insertion fee issue is resolved. In the meantime I've got the six month free trial of Sixbit so I figure I have nothing to lose by getting set up with them.

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

I can't see that this is any advantage to me. I dropped to a basic store because of the 50,000 free listing that ends on July 1st. I usually run about 800 listing, so keeping the basic store and having 350 listing doesn't help me at all. If I go up to next store level I get 1,000 listings which is more than enough to accommodate my 800 listing. 

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

The new free monthly listings on >COM isn't just for store owners...it is for all eBay sellers= non-store and non-store...

however there are also other concessions given to those sellers in MP and that includes all levels of store subscriptions.

As I understand it the initial free listing changes shown below are for sellers not yet in MP.

All Sellers

Non-Store, Starter Store, and Basic Store subscribers

Store Subscription Before Aug 1, 2020
monthly zero insertion fee listings After Aug 1, 2020
monthly zero insertion fee listings Non-Store:

50 auction or fixed price listings > 200 auction or fixed price listings Starter Store:

100 auction or fixed price listings >250 auction or fixed price listings

Basic Store 250 fixed price listings:
250 auction listings in Fashion & Collectibles >350 fixed price listings
250 auction listings in Fashion & Collectibles

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

As a non-store seller, this may only help me temporarily as I hang on to eBay until I exit the site when my name is called to joined MP...

I am establishing self elsewhere in a more seller-friendly environment, but that slow process takes a lot of time, effort and patience so hanging onto eBay until the end and will take advantage of these extra free monthly listings...

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

Sorry I missed this yesterday... you're right about that, I was just thinking of those changes as no really significant because the real game changer is the tens of thousands of new free listings for stores with MP.

Message 20 of 23
latest reply