Can't find my item and can't promote

zibpokemon
Community Member

So I just listed a couple of items on ebay its like my first time on here and now when I try to search them in the ebay research bar I can't find them.

My seconds problem is that I cant promote my items on ebay since they are not displaying in the promoting dashboard

Thanks!

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Can't find my item and can't promote

You probably did not notice, but eBay tells us that it can take up to 24 hours for  a listing to "index" and be visible.

This may be another fault of the Simplified Sell Your Item form that eBay defaults newbies into.

The useful Advanced Sell Your Item form is through a link at the top right of the overSimplified form.

You may be restriced from Promotions until you get a few successful transactions under your belt. You, or more exactly, all new sellers, will also have your customers' payments Held for 21 days against your good service and in the number and value of the items you can list.

Please ask any questions here that puzzle you. Sometimes the rules are opaque.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

Give it about 15-30 minutes after listing, then check again.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Thanks 🙂 So after a transaction is done its taking 21 days before I receive the money. But what if I created an auction that is gonna least only one day and its not displaying in the search bar for 24 hours. ?

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Well its been like 3 hours now and still didn't showed up!
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

What is the title (word for word) of the listing?  Let others look to see if it is showing in search for you. 

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Pokémon TCG: Ultra Beasts GX Premium Collection -Pherom | 8 boosters and more
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

One and three day auctions are charged an extra listing fee of $1 to discourage use by Sellers.

Best to use 5, 7 or 10 day auctions.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Not sure if this applies but throwing it out there, does it affect search with the accent over the e in Pokeman or not? Anyone typing and using exact match will probably not be using the e'.  Most likely it was the 24 hours to populate causing the issue. (Appears account has now been canceled.)

-Lotz

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Not sure if this applies but throwing it out there, does it affect search with the accent over the e in Pokeman or not? Anyone typing and using exact match will probably not be using the e'.  Most likely it was the 24 hours to populate causing the issue. (Appears account has now been canceled.)

-Lotz

I agree, I sell quite a few British craft books, and the spelling is different. So if I have  a title, say with the word "colour" in it, I also add "color" as well, that way it is more likely to come up when someone does a search.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Thanks...That's what I thought. Listing on dot ca Canadian spelling can confuse the US spellcheck we seem to have inherited. Even typing a message in the discussion, at times can be an annoying adventure.  My guess is eBay dot com doesn't realize Canada is part of the global neighbourhood...ummm neighborhood!!!  unamused

-Lotz

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@zibpokemon 

One day auctions are discouraged because they were used by scammers -a lot.

Also not everyone is online every minute and you lose all those eyeballs that might have found you but were not around the few hours the auction was actually visible.

It's "up to" 21 days, but yes, as a Buyer Protection against "take the money and run" scammers, your payment will be Held.

One way to build trust is to give and received feedback. Do you still have time to leave it for your three sellers?

Message 12 of 12
latest reply