Can't get into "Shipping Preferences" since yesterday

As I mentioned in a separate thread I've been regularly having to go into shipping preferences to reset all my excluded countries because the sell similar glitch doesn't always populate them correctly.

Since yesterday I'm getting the "Its not you its us" message saying their server is down.

I'm getting the same message on either .COM or .CA from the direct way of trying to open it  from the account, and other ways via other screens. 

I don't see anything else that doesn't work in the account settings.

Using Chrome.

Checking to see if anyone else has this problem or not before I call it in.... 

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

I just tried to see what would happen just now and I get the same message as you "It's not you it's us".

(I use Safari.)

When I make changes to my shipping policies (to exclude countries and such) I always do it through Business Policies, then make the change to the appropriate policy. You can edit/add country do exclusions there too, that's where I always make any changes and it has always copied over when I do "sell similar". I should note I don't have a large number of listings though (usually 20 - 30) maybe the preferences works better with mass listings. But in the mean time you could see if you can do what you wanted in Policies. Hope it gets worked out for you.

Message 2 of 26
latest reply

@msau4301  THX for checking! I've also tried using "edge" same result that way too.

I've never set up business policies so far, I'll call it in later today when I get my packages ready and see what the scoop is on the preferences glitch. I may have to spend more time looking into/setting up business policies, time will tell!!

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

You should peek at your Business Policies section (for fun, though not a lot of fun) just to see if there is actually a policy there (defaulted). There were three policies automatically there from eBay when I started selling. They were (and still are) marked "Default" and they are Return, Shipping & Payment. I added a few extra shipping policies along the way (for shipping just Canada and US, International, flat rate, heavier items, etc). but those policies marked Default had always been there as far as I know. Curious if you have one in there, it could be the method you used the most often (in my case it is) and is jumping back to the default without the exclusions when you are changing them in preferences.

Message 4 of 26
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:

As I mentioned in a separate thread I've been regularly having to go into shipping preferences to reset all my excluded countries because the sell similar glitch doesn't always populate them correctly.

Since yesterday I'm getting the "Its not you its us" message saying their server is down.

I'm getting the same message on either .COM or .CA from the direct way of trying to open it  from the account, and other ways via other screens. 

Using Chrome.

@ricarmic 

@msau4301 

Same results on a PC using Chrome. I've been updating on the fly but you really shouldn't need to. It should be set and forget. 

devon@ebay 

Please investigate and advise. 

Thanks,

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

Yes I am getting the same problem. It happened when they switched us to the new form for listing. Some of my listings still have the restrictions and some don't. Frustrating to say the least. Then have to go down the list of countries every time and can't remember which country I don't ship to. Some I do but others have no clue where it is even. Even some of the calculated weight went off in the switch. If I didn't put a 0 in the box in front of the grams, it converted to 1 lb and say 543 grams instead of 0 lb 543 grams. No wonder not selling anything cost of shipping is way over.  Haven't ran into that lately so maybe it rectified on its own. 

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

I've been trying intermittently this morning and as of a few minutes ago it is working again! Hopefully it stays that way!

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

@luv4orphans wrote:

Yes I am getting the same problem. It happened when they switched us to the new form for listing. Some of my listings still have the restrictions and some don't. Frustrating to say the least. Then have to go down the list of countries every time and can't remember which country I don't ship to. Some I do but others have no clue where it is even. Even some of the calculated weight went off in the switch. If I didn't put a 0 in the box in front of the grams, it converted to 1 lb and say 543 grams instead of 0 lb 543 grams. No wonder not selling anything cost of shipping is way over.  Haven't ran into that lately so maybe it rectified on its own. 

When the new listing tool was implemented one of the oversights that there were still sellers using imperial. To use  imperial at canadapost is still an option. For both checking rates and creating labels. It has since been corrected (ebay).

If you happened to use imperial in the pre implementation (rare Canadians still prefer imperial over metric possibly because what they started with), for those sellers when it ported old measurements it didn't do a conversion. It just dumped the info incorrectly. @luv4orphans  .  Several sellers reported this happening with their listings. After posting on here it was shortly corrected. As per always there was no announcement. Just that it was suddenly fixed. So if conflicts for some sellers happened, it's anyones guess. Fingers crossed that was very limited. Unfortunately there are no guarantees when there is are any kind of systems glitches errors being corrected(reversed) when the issue is resolved. 

-Lotz

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:

I've been trying intermittently this morning and as of a few minutes ago it is working again! Hopefully it stays that way!

Good here too. When I checked the eBay Status page after your post there were no issues being flagged.

-Lotz

Message 9 of 26
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@ricarmic wrote:

Using Chrome.

@ricarmic 

@msau4301 

Same results on a PC using Chrome. I've been updating on the fly but you really shouldn't need to. It should be set and forget. 

devon@ebay 

Thanks,

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! I was gone a couple of days last week but can you let me know if this issue is still going on and I can have our Tech team look into this. 

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

devon@ebay wrote:

@ricarmic wrote:

Using Chrome.

@ricarmic 

@msau4301 

devon@ebay 

Thanks,

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! I was gone a couple of days last week but can you let me know if this issue is still going on and I can have our Tech team look into this. 

devon@ebay 

Did a bit more testing over the last few days and it is still adding shipping locations to listings that are blocked as per preferences.

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

My experience is the same sometimes the excluded countries are correct, sometimes they are not.....about 50 50 right now....

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:

My experience is the same sometimes the excluded countries are correct, sometimes they are not.....about 50 50 right now....

@ricarmic 

devon@ebay 

If you get an order "inadvertently" you could use problem with address. The concern is you shouldnt need to.

-Lotz

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

devon@ebay wrote:

@ricarmic wrote:

Using Chrome.

@ricarmic 

@msau4301 

devon@ebay 

Thanks,

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

devon@ebay 

Did a bit more testing over the last few days and it is still adding shipping locations to listings that are blocked as per preferences.

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! Thank you for that information. I can get a ticket created for this on my end to have the tech team look into this. Do you happen to have an item number I can use as an example to share with them? 

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

devon@ebay  I already have a ticket open for this, it is SR 1-455256090053

Unfortunately the items in that ticket (it was opened a many days ago and I gave up waiting to hear back) are all fixed because I just have gotten the habit of using the shipping preferences to fix them all each time after I list items....so I have none that are in error at the moment. I'm listing some now, will advise number if one of them fails....

Message 15 of 26
latest reply

devon@ebay wrote:

devon@ebay wrote:

@ricarmic wrote:

Using Chrome.

@ricarmic 

@msau4301 

devon@ebay 

Thanks,

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

devon@ebay 

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! Thank you for that information. I can get a ticket created for this on my end to have the tech team look into this. Do you happen to have an item number I can use as an example to share with them? 

devon@ebay 

It's a nuisance (it was a problem before the new listing tool...believe folks are just noticing it more going forward) but as others have mentioned we have just gotten into a habit of watching out for any conflicts and fix as we go. I don't routinely open all my listings to confirm they are  correct. Can only catch with sell similar, relist or a new listing.

As a personal side observation...Anytime you update option(s) they seem to carry on to the next listing you create so in a way you are not really starting with a blank slate like you would be with a pre-filled template that is always the same.  (Example:  Create a new listing and the automatic default is the same store categorie(s) for the next listing.) Not sure if that what was intended. 

-Lotz

Message 16 of 26
latest reply

devon@ebay  I just listed 10 items and 9 were ok, this one 204139119612 did not. Note that it is a scheduled item, it doesn't start until about 6 hours from now. I can leave this as is in the worst case for just under a day, if a bunch are wrong tomorrow, I'll have to reset them all because France is not being excluded with the problem ones, and I can't ship there.

Message 17 of 26
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:

devon@ebay  I just listed 10 items and 9 were ok, this one 204139119612 did not. Note that it is a scheduled item, it doesn't start until about 6 hours from now. I can leave this as is in the worst case for just under a day, if a bunch are wrong tomorrow, I'll have to reset them all because France is not being excluded with the problem ones, and I can't ship there.

@ricarmic 

Is it possible this glitch is just PC related or is it both?

-Lotz

Message 18 of 26
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies can't say I'm a laptop only kinda guy the phone is too small.....

Message 19 of 26
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:

@lotzofuniquegoodies can't say I'm a laptop only kinda guy the phone is too small.....

I've mentioned in passing this issue to folks that list on app and they said they weren't noticing the conflict but said they would be on the lookout. Feel the same way about the concept of listing on a tinker toy phone.

-Lotz

Message 20 of 26
latest reply