Can't list items with the word "EGO"

I sell vaporizers on eBay.

A month ago, all of my vaporizer (i.e. e-cigarette) listings were taken down. A nice man from eBay called me and told me they were taken down since they're not allowed in the USA. Since I sell from Canada, he said to go ahead and re-list them, but remove US Shipping.

Today, I tried to list a product by an e-cigarette vendor called Ego. My listing wouldn't go through unless I removed the word Ego from the title.

I'm going to call eBay tomorrow, but I find it's hit and miss with this kind of stuff.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? How did it turn out in the end?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

No, unfortunately these aren't genuine EGO kits,

That tobacco policy is a little confusing but it does say that the tobacco policy is for the .com website only so it seems as if the "not allowed" ecigarettes are allowed elsewhere?

However, regardless of the ebay rules regarding ecigarettes, you are misrepresenting what you are selling and you are not allowed to sell counterfeit products regardless of which category they fall under. In your pictures your product has the Ego brand name on it. If you are not selling that particular brand, you are not allowed to show pictures of any items with the name on it and not allowed to use the name anywhere in your listing or title. It is against ebay policy and also against the law.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/replica-counterfeit.html

Not allowed

Counterfeits, fakes, or replicas of brand name items (for example, a purse bearing the Chanel name or logo that wasn't made by Chanel or a cell phone or battery labeled as a Nokia cell phone or battery that wasn't made by or for Nokia or with Nokia's consent)

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Your ad's say EGO so what is the problem?

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

EGO and ECIG products are BANNED from eBay globally.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I want to add: I use EGO products and I disagree with the rule. OP: are these genuine ego kits? I would be very interested if so!

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

My existing Ads say EGO, yes.

When I attempt to list any new ads with the word "EGO" in the title however, I get an citing the tobacco policy.
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

theundercutter:
No, unfortunately these aren't genuine EGO kits, however the feedback we've been receiving from the community has been very positive so far.

To get the genuine kits, we'd be buying and selling them for at least double the price.
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

"but remove US Shipping."

I see your listing states: shipping to Canada only.

Then, why do you list in US$?

It is a BAD thing.  It is bad for the buyer who has to pay a conversion fee (Cdn$ to US$) and it is bad for you as you also have to pay a conversion fee (US$ back to Cdn$).

Why waste two conversion fees and make PayPal richer than need be?

If an item is worth Cdn$ 13.50 why list it at US$ 12.50?  Both Canadian buyer and seller would benefit if listing at Cdn$ 13.50

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

If they are not genuine EGO, why would you spam? That is unethical and eBay can suspend you under VERO.

I agree with Pierre. Since you can only sell in Canada, speak Canadian.
Photobucket
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

No, unfortunately these aren't genuine EGO kits,

That tobacco policy is a little confusing but it does say that the tobacco policy is for the .com website only so it seems as if the "not allowed" ecigarettes are allowed elsewhere?

However, regardless of the ebay rules regarding ecigarettes, you are misrepresenting what you are selling and you are not allowed to sell counterfeit products regardless of which category they fall under. In your pictures your product has the Ego brand name on it. If you are not selling that particular brand, you are not allowed to show pictures of any items with the name on it and not allowed to use the name anywhere in your listing or title. It is against ebay policy and also against the law.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/replica-counterfeit.html

Not allowed

Counterfeits, fakes, or replicas of brand name items (for example, a purse bearing the Chanel name or logo that wasn't made by Chanel or a cell phone or battery labeled as a Nokia cell phone or battery that wasn't made by or for Nokia or with Nokia's consent)

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I'll be modifying all the listings so that it doesn't advertise the word Ego.

Thanks for the feedback!

Message 11 of 11
latest reply