Canada Post Tracked Packet USA Stuck - No movement or update - lost shipping

I sold an item to a USA based customer. 

I used Canada post Tracked Packet - USA.

The last update for tracking on Canada posts website was on April.21 saying "International item being forwarded to destination country".

The last update for tracking on the USPS website was also on April.21 and it said "Processed Through Facility TORONTO-A, CANADA".

It's been almost 2 full weeks with absolutely no update. 

Anyone else have similar experience with this? Is my package gone forever?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

This is happening to us all. Some stuff goes quick some stuff goes very slow* with seemingly no rhyme nor reason.

It is much better for ones nerves to not watch the updates!!!!!

I send messages to all my buyers, this is what they are getting now:

Thank you for your purchase and quick payment.  Your parcel has been shipped out today, Monday XXXXXXX.  Note that the global pandemic may impact the parcel delivery timeline. Some parcels move at normal speed or even more quickly, some are slowed down significantly. A lot depends on which sorting/customs centers are affected and for how long they are impacted. Once the parcel arrives, I hope you will find everything satisfactory.  If you are not completely pleased with this transaction, please contact me via a message.  I will do my very best to resolve any problem you may have.  Thank you very much in advance for your extra patience while the parcel makes the journey. Regards, RICARMIC (Ron)

Generally my buyers have been understanding (I live in the rather safe stamp world) and even for those not, I have yet to actually permanently lose an item, out of over 200 shipped since the beginning of March.

*Examples, item from me to Toronto (a 2 hour drive) 5 weeks. A regular item from me to Great Britain, 4 days! An item from me to OR, 5 weeks, another item from me to AZ 5 days.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member
What results—if any—do you get when you research the tracking number on the USPS website?
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

They noted it in the text, it was the same:

The last update for tracking on the USPS website was also on April.21 and it said "Processed Through Facility TORONTO-A, CANADA".
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Thanks

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

It's possible it wasn't scanned after leaving customs.

I once had a tracked package to somewhere in the US south with ZERO scans (after the accepted at post office) for about 2 weeks, then it had a scan for arriving at the local DC and delivery scan. And even THAT didn't show up until AFTER i created a ticket/ trace on the Canada Post website!
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

i recently, has the exact same thing 2 weeks ago, processed through missasauga, getting ready to go to the usa, then 10-12 days,later  it scanned as out for delivery.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@ricarmic  wrote:

Which is a good thing to do when you ship

BUT IF YOUR CUSTOMER IS NOT ASKING,

DON'T ENCOURAGE HIM TO LOOK!

If he is worried, he'll be in touch.

Then use ricarmic's letter (he publishes them for our use, I believe, and they are well thought through.) Also grammatical and properly spelled.

Don't poke a sleeping bear.

But be prepared if he wakes up.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Good Advice.

I am not going to contact the customer unless they contact me first.

Also, there is always the slight chance it's already been delivered, but just wasn't scanned or updated. Me contacting them might make them realize they can get a product for free.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

One data point:

Expedited Parcel (which should be a bit faster processing than tracked packet)

Left Mississauga April 17, arrival scan at Chicago April 24 (one week delay).

Followed by one day to process and send elsewhere in the USPS system.

-..-

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:

This is happening to us all. Some stuff goes quick some stuff goes very slow* with seemingly no rhyme nor reason.

It is much better for ones nerves to not watch the updates!!!!!

Thank you for your purchase and quick payment.  Your parcel has been shipped out today, Monday XXXXXXX.  Note that the global pandemic may impact the parcel delivery timeline. Some parcels move at normal speed or even more quickly, some are slowed down significantly. A lot depends on which sorting/customs centers are affected and for how long they are impacted. Once the parcel arrives, I hope you will find everything satisfactory.  If you are not completely pleased with this transaction, please contact me via a message.  I will do my very best to resolve any problem you may have.  Thank you very much in advance for your extra patience while the parcel makes the journey. Regards, RICARMIC (Ron)

Generally my buyers have been understanding (I live in the rather safe stamp world) and even for those not, I have yet to actually permanently lose an item, out of over 200 shipped since the beginning of March.

*Examples, item from me to Toronto (a 2 hour drive) 5 weeks. A regular item from me to Great Britain, 4 days! An item from me to OR, 5 weeks, another item from me to AZ 5 days.

Good catch @reallynicestamps  I should have been more clear that this is the message I send to the buyers at the time of sending the item.

I never send anything after that to the buyer, regardless what messages do/n't show in tracking etc, unless the package comes back to my door return to sender, or of course the buyer sends me a note asking about it. If the buyer sends me a note asking about the items whereabouts, this is the "form letter" that they get from me then: 

Hi! Thank you for your note! Your stamps were shipped as advised on Monday March 15th. Unfortunately COVID-19 related delays are affecting a lot of shipments. Some items move at normal speed or even more quickly, some like yours are slowed down significantly. A lot depends on which sorting centers are affected and for how long they are impacted. I am not sure how the postal distribution network is affected in your state/ local area (I am in Canada). 99% of the time parcels just take longer than they should to arrive, especially now. I would really appreciate it if you can wait another couple weeks or so before we decide the package is lost and I refund your money, but I will be ok whenever you decide. If it gets to the point that you think it has been long enough, please just open an item not received case and I will refund your money out of my own funds. Assuming the parcel does arrive after that, let me know and I’ll send another invoice so you can pay again (this is my full time job, small parcels like this are not insured so I am out 100% if they do not arrive). Thank you in advance for your continued patience and have a great day! RICARMIC (Ron)

Message 11 of 11
latest reply