Canada Post shipping rates vs USPS

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Canada-Post-High-Shipping-Rates/m-p/356307Hello everyone I know there were a lot of threads about Canada Post rates.Just want to show you something that shocked me this morning.I wanted to see how much would cost me shipping from Champlain New York to Florida with USPS vs Canada Post for a 28" luggage,This is my biggest item .

Canada Post rate for today is 

Rate Summary

Base Price $537.87
Coverage

$0.00

Options $0.00
Fuel Surcharge $12.10
Tax $0.00
Total $549.97

Here is USPS rate for today

USPS Retail Ground™
Tue, Nov 15
$36.91
Not available

Whats wrong with Canada Post ? Its unreal how Canada Post overcharge us .For example a seller from China is able to offer a set of luggage 3 pcs weight is 24 lbs selling price  USA $13.99 free international shipping and he had sold 156 pcs  already .How is that possible ? On top of this eBay charge fees on the shipping cost as well PayPal.

We have been active seller on eBay for one year and a half,We had been shipping to Europe,Australia and even Japan and we never had such a rate .I think is really a time for Canadian eBay sellers to take an action .I know that our seller mjwl2006 wrote to the committee and even he had been a victim  of  underestimated ebay shipping charge.

Here is another treads fro just this week because there had been a lot of discussions about . I will really appreciate all your inputs.

I dont know what to do ,should i cancel all my luggage listing.Such a mess 

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Canada Post shipping rates vs USPS

Just an FYI - At the UPU congress in Turkey in October there was a new agreement reached on the terminal dues issue and the ranking of countries. I'm not sure that the final draft has been made public yet, I only saw the initial press releases which lacked any detail.

From speculation I've read it looks like China will be paying a bit more than they have in the past but it will still be pretty low.

Of course much of this is meaningless because so much of international ecommerce traffic is bypassing the traditional national postal services.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 21 of 24
latest reply

lol
Message 22 of 24
latest reply

i was looking to find more information about this .There were hearing in USA Postal commission with eBay sellers about this .
Message 23 of 24
latest reply

exactly thats was my point too
Message 24 of 24
latest reply