Canada post tracking help

"Item has been returned and is enroute to the Sender" as the current update (i'm the sender btw)

wait, did my postal carrier try to deliver it to me or is it still per-se still coming back to me and not yet out for delivery?

sorry, i'm just confused. first time to ever happen to me to get a package sent back.

thank you!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

It got to the address on the package.

Either that address does not exist (error or fraud, who knows?)

The carrier took it back to his terminal.

It will slllooooowlllly come back to your address.

This could take a month, although it is occasionally faster.

Contact your buyer and let her know that the parcel could not be delivered.

Tell her that when it is returned to you, you will refund her.

Don't say how much that refund will be yet.

Certainly, do NOT refund until you have the package back and know what the problem was.

If she wants it back, she has to pay for shipping again.

This is a failed transaction, but probably won't reflect on your seller account.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

It's now in my city, that's why I'm worried.

I'm assuming it'll be out for delivery tomorrow as I was home all day and heard no knocks.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Sometimes tracking may not be exact in relation to where the parcel is when it is returned to a seller

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Again, don't worry.

If you are not home (or if the carrier gets no response) she will leave you a Notice telling you where and when you can pick up your parcel.

Usually that's the next day at the local Postal Outlet.

If you are going to be out, and your mailbox is too small to hold the returned parcel, or if your porch is exposed to street view, you could leave a note on your mailbox asking the carrier not to leave any parcels but give you a notice instead.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply