Combined Shipment: Items in Shipment Not Tracking & Show "Uploaded on time but have no carrier scan"

ketoja
Community Member

Three of the four items in a combined shipment have the Canada Post tracking number but don't update tracking in eBays system, just Canada Posts. The 4th item is the one the Canada Post shipping label was created under and it tracked fine and showed as delivered by both CP and eBay.   This caused two problems, 1) it delayed payment because eBays sytem didnt track the three of the four items in the shipment (despite all having the same tracking number, and 2) In my seller dashboard it shows these three items as "uploaded on time but have no carrier scan" which negatively affects my seller metrics. The glitch seems to be eBay not picking up the carrier scan on the 3 items that dont have a shipping label, just the fourth item.  Anyone know how to avoid this or do i just stop doing combined shipments?  I've contacted eBay several times and they see the issue and released the payment on the 3 items but appear unwilling, or able, to fix the seller dashboard.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Combined Shipment: Items in Shipment Not Tracking & Show "Uploaded on time but have no

Other sellers have reported the same thing happening when they've manually added the numbers  so there is obviously a glitch.  The tracking uploaded metric doesn't affect sellers unless they are US top rated sellers so don't worry about that part of it.  If you are having a problem with receiving the payment you can contact customer service through Facebook eBay for business account bu sending them a private message and asking them to look at the tracking on Canada Post for that transaction.  They also have customer service through Instagram and Twitter (X).

One way to prevent it from happening in the future is to use the bulk shipping  link when you set up the label on eBay.  It should automatically combine all the items into one package so that the tracking number shows for each item.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Combined Shipment: Items in Shipment Not Tracking & Show "Uploaded on time but have no

Did you add the tracking number to those 3 items manually or were they added automatically when you did the label?  

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Is the customer complaining?

EBay Canada sellers are not required to use tracking to qualify for  our GlobalTop Rated Seller status.

I use Registered shipping domestically which cannot be purchased online, and add the number manually. This is also true if I use a service not attached to eBay, like Paypal's Parcel Select.

And of course as a new or occasional seller your payments maybe Held for up to30 days against your customer service.

Until you've been selling for 90 days and sold 25 items your payments will be held until tracking shows delivered, or in 21 days if there's no tracking. They can hold the payment for the full 21 days if you're selling in a high risk category. 

(That's dotCOM wording, it does seem longer for the rest of the world.)

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I added the tracking number manually (copy paste).  The tracking for those 3 items didnt update on eBay at all but if you clicked on the tracking number hyperlink canada post gave a proper update.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Perhaps I wasnt clear in my problem statement.  Its not a buyer issue, no complaints.  Its that items in a combined shipment with a valid tracking ID number are not updating in eBay.  Therefore in ebay these items dont even show as shipped or delivered, Ebay holds the funds longer and in the dashboard metric they show negatively as "uploaded on time but have no carrier scan".  Only the item I printed the shipping label against tracked appropriately in eBay and paid promptly. 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Ebay holds the funds longer

Longer than...?

You would still as a new seller have your customer's payment Held for up to 30 days.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Other sellers have reported the same thing happening when they've manually added the numbers  so there is obviously a glitch.  The tracking uploaded metric doesn't affect sellers unless they are US top rated sellers so don't worry about that part of it.  If you are having a problem with receiving the payment you can contact customer service through Facebook eBay for business account bu sending them a private message and asking them to look at the tracking on Canada Post for that transaction.  They also have customer service through Instagram and Twitter (X).

One way to prevent it from happening in the future is to use the bulk shipping  link when you set up the label on eBay.  It should automatically combine all the items into one package so that the tracking number shows for each item.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

ketoja
Community Member

Many thanks, appreciate the reponse.  I was able to get ebay to release payment on the 3 items that never even showed as shipped (despite having a valid tracking number).  They clearly saw the problem and released payment.  However, while they saw the problem they were not inclined to do anything about the erronious tracking uploaded metric.  All three conversations with eBay committed to have "tech support" look at it and get back back to me within 48 hours, crickets.  I dont think they care about a gliche, particularly with the large layoffs happening.   I appreciate you saying the metric doesnt affect anything but i just dont like having erronious negative data in there.  A bit retentive I guess....  Anyway, many thanks again.  I'll think twice about doing combined shipments.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Longer than 3 weeks past the delivery of the items.  I've only been doing this for 23 years on ebay so i guess i'm still learning.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@ketoja wrote:

Longer than 3 weeks past the delivery of the items.  I've only been doing this for 23 years on ebay so i guess i'm still learning.

A common problem, already reported by other sellers. The tracking will never update - I have now 10 items delivered 3 months ago - the tracking is still dead. Remember: all CP tracking uploaded manually will always fail. The only way to avoid this is to use the bulk shipping feature - it combines multiple orders into one, and the tracking uploaded that way will work.  

Message 10 of 10
latest reply