Suddenly can't ship to the US?

mdl808
Community Member

Hello,

Suddenly I can't ship to the US. All my new listings do not show US shipping even though I specified it like I always do. And from the item views, it's obvious my listings do not show up on eBay US.

I go to revise it, US shipping is unselected. I can select it and save, but my listing still shows Canada shipping only. If I revise it again, US shipping is unselected.

If I try with the Android app, it won't even allow me to save. Once I select US shipping and specify a service it gets unselected.

I've contacted eBay help, they said they'd report it and "wait 24-48 hours". I waited longer than that. Nothing has changed.

I went through the bewildering array of options to see if I somehow disallowed it or eBay changed it. I didn't find anything relevant although there are so many settings I could have missed one. And I used to be able to - now with the same set of settings I can't.

Is there anything I can do?

How can I escalate this with eBay? Their chat function didn't result in much and I don't think there's much they can do for me.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Not sure if this will help but it worked for me before. I do this on the browser (desktop computer) not the app. Check your Business Policies and see what the "Default Shipping Policy" is. You can have a few Shipping Policies (ie. I have to Canada and US and another for International), when doing the listings it usually jumps to the default. I know I never set my Default (was automatically done with the Canada and US option). It should show you now how many listings you have with each policy. If you change the policies themselves they will ask if it should be changed for current listings and say yes. See if that helpls. Good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Not sure if this will help but it worked for me before. I do this on the browser (desktop computer) not the app. Check your Business Policies and see what the "Default Shipping Policy" is. You can have a few Shipping Policies (ie. I have to Canada and US and another for International), when doing the listings it usually jumps to the default. I know I never set my Default (was automatically done with the Canada and US option). It should show you now how many listings you have with each policy. If you change the policies themselves they will ask if it should be changed for current listings and say yes. See if that helpls. Good luck!

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Since you mention the app, should we think you are listing on a phone?

Don't.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

You may also have time to add this to the queries to tyler@ebay  today.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

This did it! My shipping policies were all messed up. I don't know how, I've never touched them.

I went in there and added US shipping to the affected listings and magically US shipping appears in the listings.

The policies page is very complicated and it's not intuitive to have to change shipping there and not by revising the listing or at the time of listing creation, but it worked.

Thank you!

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

LOL - no I never list using the limited Android app, but I thought I'd put that in as an extra data point. All good now.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Glad that worked! Yes, I've seen the policies page all messed up on my end before, I think if you make any changes to the listings directly it keeps the original policy and the new changes as another policy, and so on, so you can end up with a pile you don't want. Though it's a pain going in there if it worked for you that's great and you'll remember if it happens again!

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

@msau4301 

This is worrying as I saw a message flash upon my screen a couple of weeks ago which said I needed to add shipping  prices to the US, which is strange since I list mostly on .com and have shipping to the US stated on my listings already. I also did not sell anything to the US since mid-November, very unusual for me. I can’t find  Busuness Policies anywhere. Is this because I never signed up as a business account? If not, where do I go to find my Business Policies so I can check them?

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

@msmaggie060 wrote:

@msau4301 

This is worrying as I saw a message flash upon my screen a couple of weeks ago which said I needed to add shipping  prices to the US, which is strange since I list mostly on .com and have shipping to the US stated on my listings already. I also did not sell anything to the US since mid-November, very unusual for me. I can’t find  Busuness Policies anywhere. Is this because I never signed up as a business account? If not, where do I go to find my Business Policies so I can check them?

in speaking with a another seller who lists on dot ca and uses Net Parcel, they use UPS  Standard to USA. They have been adding CP as a secondary service. Ebay recently defaulted on some of these listings to CP first using the flat rate shipping option with the UPS flat rate options....which may or may not be accurate/comparable.

-Lotz

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

If you go to "My Account" it is listed under there "Business Policies" of which Shipping is one. There may be several ways to get there but I go from the browser on my desktop. Under My eBay, there is Activity, Messages and My Account.  If you hit My Account there is a drop down menu and choose Business Policies first and you'll see Shipping Policies. I found this a few years back when I wanted to use different "shipping policies" for some more valuable items than others.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

@msmaggie060 

It's impossible to list on .com without a US shipping cost so it is odd that you got that message.

Something else odd that I noticed... all of your listings appear to have shipping to both the US and Canada but there are 376 on .ca and 385 on .com as your face masks are only showing up on .com.  You might already know that as I seem to remember someone mentioning that their masks were not showing on .ca.  If that was you, did you ever get an explanation about it? 

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 

Hi, I didn’t even realize that my masks weren’t showing up on .ca. I guess I didn’t know because I did have sales from both Canada and the US. I suppose the Canadians found them by searching on .com.  Not selling nearly as many masks now, I guess because so many have received their vaccinations although we do still need to wear them when we go shopping or for travel, at least here in Ontario. I’ll probably leave them be for a while, they do still sell occasionally. I am still making them for friends and family, after 18 months they are starting to wear out and I’m being asked for new ones.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

I have the same problem I lost a sale because although I revised the listings but they  were still showing no USA option .

Things are hard enough for us as eBay sellers in these difficult time ,but what is eBay doing to help telling us to leave it for 24-48 hours !!!! 
please sort it out now

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

You have responded to a thread from 2021, which may no longer be relevant and/or no longer have correct or useful informationpertaining to a current situation...sometimes best to start a new thread to draw attention to your specific current problem

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

@ kh-phdan

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2021!

Message 15 of 16
latest reply

There are just 2 of your items that do not have a US shipping cost, the Rhead jug (not a vase) and  art glass bowl.  What are the dimensions and weight on those listings and which service did you choose to the US?

There doesn't seem to be a shipping cost for other countries either on those 2 items.

If they close this 2021 thread before this gets sorted out, you might have to start your own thread.

Message 16 of 16
latest reply