Combined invoice for buyer from UK

Buyer from England asked me on combined shipping cost and liked the numbers I offered, then he has purchased items.

I am trying to generate an invoice either overriding the amount produced by system, or entering a discount.

After I press SEND INVOICE a little note Something went wrong. Please try again later. appears on top.

Does anybody know what can be done in case like this?  

Thank you

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Combined invoice for buyer from UK

If you are getting the email copy of the invoice, the buyer is getting the invoice as well.....this has been a longstanding problem, misleading message.

PS If you're worried send him another message saying you sent it but got an error message and want to make sure he received it.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

If I'm understanding the situation correctly the sequence of events went like this.

1. Buyer messaged you expressing interest in multiple listings and wanted to know what the combined shipping charge might be. Total cost was quoted by you, the buyer responded favourably.
  2. With your quote in hand the buyer added multiple items to the cart and comitted to purchase but did not complete checkout. The buyer either intended to "Request Invoice" or is expecting an amended invoice from you. However neither the buyer nor yourself have been able to request or send an invoice ... is this about right?

I assume you are likely using Seller Hub? If you are and the situation is as outlined above the unpaid order should appear on the "Orders eligible for combined purchases" line listed in the Seller Hub Overview's "Orders" panel. If the buyer has indeed added multple items to the cart AND commited to purchase the order will be shown there. Clicking on the "1" order should open a Send Invoice dialog, if it does click on Send Invoice, the buyer's invoice will open, edit the shipping lines or apply a discount as desired, send invoice.

If the option described above is not available then I doubt the buyer has progressed far enough through checkout that he has commited to the purchase. 

An option would be to ask the buyer to abandon the cart altogether, then revise the shipping details as previously agreed with the buyer, for example set shipping to flat rate with an appropriate rate for each listing .... arrange for the buyer to add the revised listings to the cart and checkout straight away. This method requires having some trust the buyer will follow through as agreed. Whenever I do something like this I mention in my messaging that the shipping revisions will only be good for a short period at an arranged date and time ... usually both of us are online when I make the revisions which has worked well.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

That's not how I read it.  The seller is getting an error message when they enter the new shipping amount on the invoice and click on send invoice. As ricarmic mentioned this has been going on for months but in reality the error message is an error.  The invoice is still going through but the error message is telling the seller that it isn't. If the seller clicks on the option to sent their own email a copy, they will see that the invoice is actually going out.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I can see interpreting the post in that way, a little clarification around whether or not the op received a copy of the invoice would be helpful.

I didn't read it that way probably because I've never ever experienced the error you've described. I've responded to a mini flurry of "request invoice" messages lately too, haven't been experiencing any errors at all ... sometimes it is better to be lucky than good.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

This is happening to me. 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@kenscheffler wrote:

This is happening to me. 

tyler@ebay 

Was the ticket for this closed? It seems to have "re-appeared" as an issue for sellers and buyers.

-Lotz

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies - thanks for the tag! I'm unclear exactly where we are with the status on this. I'll see if I can find more details out. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hi Tyler, I am replying to you since the subject was originated by me. 

I discussed the case with CSR on Dec 30 and they opened a ticket on this situation asking me to wait few days for results.  If you need I will advise you the ticket number.

This case was not the first one with buyers from UK - few of them say that system tells that I do not combine shipping.  Can you look into this thru access to my settings?  

Thank you!

Message 9 of 9
latest reply