Customer Who Says he Paid But No Record In Pap Pal Then Claims Items from April 1 DNR

I have been dealing with this customer all day 10/12 E-mails He bought some items on April 1 and tells me today they were not received on May 4. I checked PP and they were mailed the same day and he tells me that he has not received them yet. So that is no problem I gave him a Refund as it is not worth the hassle for a few dollars

He comes back today for an item he said he bought on May 1 so I check it out and there is no record of the purchase in PP at all.

I tried to tell him it was not on my PP and check his PP to see if it was on PP where he paid and he did not get back to me. After all this he said he was going to buy more items so I told him the only way I would ship to him if was Insured and I added him to the BB list.

He is a real winner.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Customer Who Says he Paid But No Record In Pap Pal Then Claims Items from April 1 DNR

Definitely a candidate for the Blocked Bidder List.

And ignore all his future communications. Unfortunately, because you have had previous transactions with him, you cannot Block his messages.

You can ignore and delete them. You know his ID by now.

item he said he bought on May 1 so I check it out and there is no record of the purchase in PP at all.

Ignore him.

If he tries to open a Not Received Dispute he will learn he did not buy the item from you.

If he did by some chance buy it in that mass purchase and you both missed it in the first go-round, refund him promptly. But I trust your statement that he did not ever buy it.

No more communication.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Re: Customer Who Says he Paid But No Record In Pap Pal Then Claims Items from April 1 DNR

I don't understand why you'd block this buyer???

He emailed to tell you that items shipped April 1st had not arrived by May 4th.  You didn't say opened a case but only messaged you to let you know there could be a problem.

What's wrong with that?  Makes perfect sense that he'd give you the head's up and that's the decent thing to do.  Who wouldn't that buyer be concerned?  I think we'd all be concerned under those circumstances.

Also, I've had a lot of problems issuing PP payments just like your buyer has.  There have been numerous times this past month when I've processed a payment and to me it seems like I've paid but when I look closely I can see that  the payment didn't take.  I've been buying and selling here for a long time and that still throws me off when it happens and your buyer is probably less experienced that I am.

He told you he'd like purchase more items.  Why would you block him?   According to what you've reported here he's done nothing wrong or unusual.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

The reason I blocked him was he was trying to get me to ship the order that he said he paid for

and never showed in my PP and I asked him what it showed in his PP that showed payment sent which he did not reply to so I did not ship of course

I had no problem giving him a refund for the items that he did not receive.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

This is a situation where I'd have likely called the customer (I'm "lucky" my phone plan has "free" north american long distance).

So far in my experience these folks have turned out to be generally older than me, not computer conversant, in some cases didn't even have a computer (they were trekking to the library to buy, and/or communicate with me) etc.

A phone call got everyone up to date quickly and the outstanding problem(s) resolved more quickly.

It doesn't mean I didn't block some of them, some customers/situations aren't worth the time/risk it takes to make them work.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@lukey9 wrote:

The reason I blocked him was he was trying to get me to ship the order that he said he paid for

and never showed in my PP and I asked him what it showed in his PP that showed payment sent which he did not reply to so I did not ship of course

I had no problem giving him a refund for the items that he did not receive.

In this situation I wouldn't have refunded until and unless the buyer opened a case.  You could have guided him through the process.  Better to do this kind of thing through the system.  Then I would have delayed as long as allowed.  Odds are it would have shown up during that time period.

Also, for the second order, as Rick pointed out, many buyers are computer illiterate and just don't understand.  Since he didn't respond to your request for the transaction number that could easily have been the case.   I frequently get that type of buyer.

Rick's right:  A phone call could have resulted in one less "eBay-avoiding" customer.  We have enough of those.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply