Customers can not see the sizes

Hi everyone

Recently I get many emails asking for the item's size, eventhough I specify all the details in item's specific section or drop down menu but still so many people seem not to see them, I was wondering if anyone else experience the same thing.

I would also appreciate your inputs for my items if you see anything missing or any change for improvement.

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Customers can not see the sizes

@styleclash2 wrote:

Recently I get many emails asking for the item's size, even though I specify all the details in item's specific section or drop down menu but still so many people seem not to see them, I was wondering if anyone else experience the same thing.

ebay has two main ways of displaying, it could be the buyers are not looking in the correct spot for the information.

Example view displays:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/123579516961?var=424154631874

versus

https://www.ebay.ca/i/123579516961?var=424154631874

-..-

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Hi, I would take out words like authentic and add the size in your title. Also, make sure you put all actual measurements in your description.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Those who are shopping on their cell phone have to click on a link to see the description and I'm not sure if they can easily see the item details.   When you only have one size, I would put the size in the title.  I would also put the measurements for clothing as sizes do vary brand to brand and even within some brands.  I would definitely put measurements for 'unisex' clothing  as I imagine that can vary as well.

Do you have permission from those brands to use their pictures? If not, you might run into problems for copyright infringement.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Could you  make the size chart a photo in the Gallery? perhaps as the second or third picture? You have 12 free photos to work with.

But given that the items I looked at had only one garment and one size available, putting the size in the title (and dropping useless words like "authentic" and "rare") would be a useful first step.

Then putting the actual measurements of the garment which you have in your possession in the Description  solves your problem and your customer's.

One point , I looked up a Dolce and Gabbana item and in the middle of the Description there was a picture of a Fendi item. Was that a mistake on your part? You might want to look at your listings as if your were a visitor and see how they appear to you from that viewpoint.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Hi
Thank you for your response, I have over 1000 items, do you think it is worth my time to add measurements for all these listings ?? it will take some time to do that, right now I only provide measurements when customer ask for it, but honestly less than 1% of those asking for measurements end up buying.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

ABSOLUTELY!

Always make it as easy for the customer to buy and pay as possible!

Every time a customer asks, add the measurements to the Description, whether she buys or not.

If one customer is asking, three are not and have moved on because there were not measurements.

And as your listings come to an end each day, take the time to update the descriptions with the size in the title and the actual measurements (don't trust the manufacturer's size chart) in the Description.

Thirty days and 1000 listings? You'd be doing some 30 a day, which is onerous, but you could do it over two or three months, and of course do it for every new listing.

As a bonus, eBay has a nasty habit of duplicating our listings, relisting sold items, dropping active listings and generally being buggy. This exercise gives you a chance to review and make sure all your listings are up to date and actually present.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply