DO NOT GIVE EBAY YOUR BANKING INFO!! THEY ARE FRAUDS!

Do not give Ebay your Banking info. They want to have complete control of all sales and will NOT release you your money unless they have this info. I will not give them this info and I told them that.

Upon that, at the same time when I refused and was concidering closing my ebay account, someone purchased a product I don't have in stock anymore. So I tried to refund him his money back to him.
Well, guess what? I never received that money. Nor did PayPal. So I found out they are completly cut away from PayPal on my end and Ebay has the money in their account. So I trired to refund the money back to the buyer and Ebay refuses this action until I give Ebay my banking info.

I spent 2hrs arguing to Ebay and told them that they can't do that. They are commiting fraud as they have no right to hold someone's elses money like this and to give it back to the buyer. They REFUSE to return the money to the buyer. I told them I am closing my Ebay account as I will not give them my Banking info. Once I close my account, what are you going to do with that money?? Keep it? That is Fraud! You have NO choice but to give it back to the customer, otherwise you are committing theft.

All Ebay kept saying was "We know where you are coming from. We understand". but then they go back into a circle and tell me I have to give my banking info. I told them I will not give this info.

2hrs of this BS went on for. So I am WARNING all Ebay Sellers & buyers to NOT give Ebay your Banking info. They will have control of your bank account. If you loose a case over a scam and they favor the scammer because of their incompetence, they will automaticlly go into your bankl account and withdraw the amount and give the scammer the money.

After dealing with Ebay for 15+ years and their dirty greed getting worse year by year, I am closing my account. I would suggest others do the same as Ebay in my opinion are frauds due to the fact that they are holding a cutomers money and will not refund it unless I give my banking info. I don't have the money. The money is 100% sitting in Ebays account.

DO NOT GIVE EBAY YOUR BANKING INFO!!! If you have dealt with thier customer service department and there is NO communication at all with the Tech/Sales/Management. They all play dumb and just act like they are on a script. You can't get around the payment/return unless you give them your Banking info.

If need be, there is a better site called EBID which is not Ebay. Go there as I am closing my Ebay account and switching to a better protected format.

Stay Safe.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

You sold an item that was not in stock.

The buyer paid.

You attempted to refund.

I never received that money. Nor did PayPal.

In what way were you notified that you had been paid? An email? Your Orders list?

So I found out they are completly cut away from PayPal on my end and Ebay has the money in their account.

Are you signed up for Managed Payments?

This is a fairly complex process and you would not be able to complete it without noticing.

as I will not give them my Banking info.

So you did not complete registration with Managed Payments?

Is the buyer complaining?

Have you considered that the reason you don't have the money he sent is that he never sent it?

More to the point.

If you Cancel the transaction, any money eBay is Holding will automatically be refunded to the buyer. You don't have to do anything beyond the cancellation.

If you have already cancelled the transaction, that would be why you can't refund. It's already done.

As an occasional seller, I am thinking that your payments were still being Held for up to 21 days or until you showed proof of shipping. I have a low activity account where payments are still being Held after nearly three years.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

You are telling people not to give ebay their banking information but the reason you are having a problem is because you did NOT give them that info.   Did ebay not send you messages giving you a date as to when your listings would be in the Managed Payments program?  It looks like you waited too late to delete your listings as the recent ones already show that you were in the MP program which is why the money went that route instead of to Paypal.

I don't think that it is right or smart of ebay to change a seller's listing if they haven't registered for MP yet and it's unfortunate that you and your buyer have been caught up in this.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Not sure I completely understand what you are saying here.  I have not signed up for Managed Payments and am not going to. I do not intend to list again under their proposed new Managed Payments. They are forcing sellers  to choose between their new payment provider who is not or can not process payments as well as PayPal can. So I have chosen to stay with PayPal even if that means I can no longer list on the eBay site. Legally I have that choice. I have received an email from eBay which says

Since you missed your deadline to update your account details, your ability to create, relist and revise  listings have been disabled. In addition, if you do not register by June15th, all your live listings on eBay will be removed as well. Update your account details today, including adding your bnk account information, so you can list again.

To me this means on June 15, 2021 eBay will remove all my live listings.  If they insist on doing that, I am okay with it but if that is what they want to do, then THEY have to do the work of removing them not me.  They are still allowing PayPal to be used by buyers on their site so why can't they still allow sellers to get the payments sent to PayPal? In order for eBay to let buyers use PayPal for payment, eBay has to have a PayPal account for the funds to go to. So I do not see why it is such a big deal to transfer those funds to the seller PayPal account. They can do that, they just do not want to.

It also means they CAN NOT put a seller into Managed Payments who has not signed up for it.  No ifs ands or buts about it.  If they put my listings into managed payments without me registering for it they are crossing a line and I will do whatever is necessary to stop it.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Why did you try to refund the buyer, all you had to do was go to the order details and CANCEL the order.

drop down menu on order details pagedrop down menu on order details page

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

@blackranda2 wrote:

Not sure I completely understand what you are saying here.  I have not signed up for Managed Payments and am not going to. I do not intend to list again under their proposed new Managed Payments. They are forcing sellers  to choose between their new payment provider who is not or can not process payments as well as PayPal can. So I have chosen to stay with PayPal even if that means I can no longer list on the eBay site.

PayPal wasn't particularly sophisticated when it was first unleashed on the Interwebz.  It developed and evolved over time, largely under (surprise!) eBay's oversight.  I'm expecting similar things from Managed Payments.

I see not so much as sellers being "forced" to change but as sellers facing a product offering shift.  It's sort of like Burger King switching from Pepsi to Coca-Cola products for its fountain drinks.  If you really have to have a 7-Up rather than a Sprite with your fast food, you'll switch to Taco Bell or KFC.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

4 months and counting for me.  I use the biggest Canadian bank and they keep saying they cannot send my funds to the account and countlessly told me to re-enter my account & card details as it keeps kicking back.  Bank of Montreal said to stop as it was a security risk entering the details so many times and many of their account holders pay/get paid through Ebay everyday with no problems.  Talked with Ebay tech and likely a dozen agents and all they say it to "delete and re-enter your account & card details".  This after 2 months ago the tech dept. telling me there was a problem on their end but then they changed the story.  First and last time I use these fraudsters and out my $280.00!!  

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

It's unfortunate that you have had such a hard time and you have your own right to chose not to give the information but you can not sell with Managed Payments without giving the banking info. I've read several times people have had trouble setting up their bank account, I'm not sure why. Perhaps things are done differently if you are new and/or been inactive here for a few years.

I gave eBay my banking info way back about 10 or more years ago as I believe it was one of the options of making payments. I only bought back in those days (I have sold here for about 7 or 8 years). I also had to give Paypal my banking information - as does anyone. eBay and Paypal used to be owned by the same mother company for many, many years. To give the info to one was the same as giving it to the other. They did break up/separate (not sure right terminology) a few years back now and still had a very civil/close relationship considering the break up! The change to the new payments through Ayden/Managed Payments was the last part of the changeover. Everyone is still welcome to use Paypal for buying/purchasing the biggest change was to sellers here.

No one is a bigger hater of "change" than me and I kept seeing many emails/notifications of the upcoming change (seems to me it was almost a year and a half?!) You must have been receiving them also. I waited almost to the very end to change over but have had no problems whatsoever (knock on wood). eBay has had my bank info for at least a decade and never have I had any surprises. The only transactions I see (fortunately) are deposits!

If somehow you had one sale and the money was in limbo somewhere, if there was a refund it should have come from those held funds anyways. But I'm not an expert by any means. If you are not comfortable selling with the new system there are other places as you say. Good luck. Happy New Year!

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Open a new bank account - Simplii and Tangerine are low fee online banks.

Why continue doing the same thing if it keeps failing?

I ran into problems with one bank - eBay had for some reason opened the account with that bank which I did not want to use.

But the actual PROBLEM was that eBay managed to use the transit number for one bank and the account number for another.

So make sure those match. Forunately, I met a smart teller and was able to open the MP account with another bank.

And are you giving a CHEQUING  account not a savings account?

FWIW- I had problems with all but one account, but as soon as those were resolved, eBay transferred my money promptly.

For advice, stick with the Chat/FaceBook/Twitter reps. And re-read the transcripts, there may be something you misunderstood.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM JUNE 2021.

The problem with zombie threads is that the information is often out of date or inaccurate.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@supersuperdavep wrote:

First and last time I use these fraudsters and out my $280.00!!  

If you consider eBay to be "fraudsters" because of a technical issue that's not being handled very well, I can't imagine how you'd regard your buyers in the event of a customer service issue.

Sounds to me as though you and eBay may be better off without each other.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Interesting!! I only read the ones at the top of the page and assumed it was new (I never read the date!).  Spooky how one six months old creeps up there!

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

...this is what happens when someone searches for a topic and the bot pulls up a ZOMBIE thread.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Perfect video!

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread  if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 15 of 15
latest reply