Dates of transaction way off!

Just checked a sold item and it gives the date of sale as

Date sold:

Dec 02, 2024

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Yikes! Haven't seen this myself but I will watch for it. Hopefully you don't have to wait until then for your payout!!

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Bizarre.   I hear Twilight Zone music in the background. 

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

I don't really check the dates I obviously know when they came in, but this one had arrived overnight and I just checked to see it was before or after midnight. Got a bit of a shock when I was it was a future event.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

@triber wrote:

Date sold:

Dec 02, 2024

Make sure you check your monthly statements from eBay and verify it actually shows up. If our sales aren't being recorded properly, it could have bookkeeping implications.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

@triber wrote:

Date sold:

Dec 02, 2024

@triber 

I believe there were sellers on dot com that had recently reported this. Unsure of status or if there was an open ticket in place?

-Lotz

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Thanks, I am glad I am not the only one in a twilight zone!

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

@triber wrote:

@triber 

Following along with eBay "technical issues" on dot com tends to make one's head spin if you do too much of it. As for the signs of official real time follow up...No comment!!

-Lotz

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

@marnotom! 

In this months Q & A when asked about the "Search" problems people were having it was stated that too was resolved. Yet the log on com still shows it as an open issue. There are still reports of folks getting back inaccurate output when attempting to make a search.

A number of those open/closed tickets go back ages. So actual status is difficult to verify. Because eBay says something is fixed, doesn't mean it is. Similar to the the old tree falling in the forest when no one is around, does it make a sound?

-Lotz

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Well, keep in mind that .ca and .com are separate sites and from what I can see, @triber lists exclusively on .ca.
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

No, I actually list exclusively on .com. When I started listing on eBay 24 years ago, there was only .com, and it became too much work to try and move all my listing over to .ca.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

@triber wrote:

No, I actually list exclusively on .com. When I started listing on eBay 24 years ago, there was only .com, and it became too much work to try and move all my listing over to .ca.

Ah.  When I viewed your listings in list view, it didn't look as though the prices had been converted into Canadian dollars (no italics).  I had to click on the link to the listing page to see the price in US dollars.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

@triber wrote:

@triber 

I just did a sort for total sales for last year. System shows 2 transactions as being unpaid(Mar 2022)  but were actually paid...that show as unshipped with tracking. Both have feedback from buyers. So it's not you in the the twilight zone. More like eBay!!☣️

-Lotz

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Wow, I think your mistakes by eBay were worse than mine.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply

Hi triber, tacking on to your earlier thread. Today I got a sale that says sold on April 25, 2025!!

Guess I don't have to rush out to mail the item. 😉

Message 16 of 16
latest reply