Delay getting charged for labels?

I don't ship a lot with buying shipping labels so i never really check when i get charge. I bought a fedex label for the first time (usually always go CP), because it was the cheapest option ($17). It was showing that the service was like 90% off taking it on ebay and usually cost over $150. I did not got charged for it yet. And i'm kinda stessed to get charge the full price.

Anyone know how much delay there is to be charged and see it in our recent activities summary? Just would like to see the amount i pay confirmed.

I bought a CP expedited lite label yesterday too and this one isnt paid yet neither. 

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

There is always a delay, usually a few days. 

Message 2 of 40
latest reply

I suspect you get charged when the item is scanned at one of the distribution nodes, as they probably use automated systems to scan the dimensions and weight there and then issue any "corrections". I guess eBay doesn't want to have sellers potentially get multiple charges for one package, plus this way they've probably forgotten what the original quoted price was anyway.

It would be nice to have an option to be charged immediately though. It's very frustrating with the delay.

Message 3 of 40
latest reply

@rocketscollectibles wrote:

I don't ship a lot with buying shipping labels so i never really check when i get charge. I bought a fedex label for the first time (usually always go CP), because it was the cheapest option ($17). It was showing that the service was like 90% off taking it on ebay and usually cost over $150. I did not got charged for it yet. And i'm kinda stessed to get charge the full price.

Anyone know how much delay there is to be charged and see it in our recent activities summary? Just would like to see the amount i pay confirmed.

I bought a CP expedited lite label yesterday too and this one isnt paid yet neither. 

@rocketscollectibles 

@flipistics 

My average to date is 2 to 4 days. I've been billed same day later that evening and  up to 6 days. It would be nice to have more consistency with billing seeing you can't always hold a balance depending on when sales come in. Premium services "seem" to get higher priority.

-Lotz

Message 4 of 40
latest reply

As others have said it typically takes a few days. Mine is usually 2 - 3. Most times it looked like they waited for item to be delivered but I think as long as they can confirm the size and weight was in agreement they bill.

If you are worried about the charge you can see the amount even if they haven't charged/taken in yet.

If you go to where Orders drop down is there is a "Shipping labels" option. That will show all you labels and the dollar amount is in there. I have three I'm waiting to be billed from last couple of days and I can see my amounts in there. I've been charged upcharges/extras two times, both times was under a dollar. I know my measurements are correct, I use the same size boxes and I have a small scale in my office I use.

The amount could go up slightly if sizing was off, but otherwise the amount should be showing under your labels, it also shows the delivery status there. Price is also included in the "Shipment details" email you should have been sent when you printed the label.

Message 5 of 40
latest reply

I don't really believe Ebay is waiting for any confirmation from CP to send you the invoice. My items are scanned at the counter, but no one ever verified their size and weight. I think the delay is caused by a normal data transfer procedure between Ebay and CP. 

Message 6 of 40
latest reply

They don't charge me for my Canada Post labels until around 3 to 5 business days later. I hate it.

Message 7 of 40
latest reply

@38e_avenue wrote:

I don't really believe Ebay is waiting for any confirmation from CP to send you the invoice. My items are scanned at the counter, but no one ever verified their size and weight. I think the delay is caused by a normal data transfer procedure between Ebay and CP. 

@rocketscollectibles 

@thecreativesbox 

@38e_avenue 

The billable amount displays immediately using the drop down unders orders --->Labels. In theory there should be no lag time after creating a label.

devon@ebay   Can you clarify how long it should take for charges to be removed from a sellers account? As per the original release of MP shipping label charges were "supposed" to be from the pending transaction/or already released funds vs a floating inconsistent window. And definitely NOT after those funds have been released to seller.

As per the print a eBay label page:

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1690059177645.png

There is no actual clarification to a definition for  "after". It's not immediately?

As per terms of service CP:

The Customer agrees to pay for the Items at the Applicable Published Prices and deposit at the applicable
location. The Items and price applied are subject to verification, correction and adjustment for any applicable
fees, charges, surcharges and taxes.
The Customer agrees to reimburse Canada Post for any incremental terminal dues costs such as, but not limited
to, bulk mail and remail charges that are applied by the receiving Postal Administration, as specified in the
Universal Postal Union Convention.

-Lotz

Message 8 of 40
latest reply

devon@ebay is there a way to pay for ebay labels with a credit card FIRST and not pending funds? I was never given the option as to what I wanted to use, and in the USA there is multiple options and easy to change it from what i have seen, Here mine just says

"

Pay with

We'll charge you after the shipping label is printed."

Pay with WHAT??? do other people see something here saying ebay funds or have an option to select a different method?

Also the Canadian article in ebay help regarding labels says 
"

You can print Canada Post and FedEx shipping labels from Sold - opens in new window or tab in My eBay, or from the Orders page - opens in new window or tab in Seller Hub:

• Canada Post and FedEx shipping label charges will be deducted from your processing funds.

When you print a shipping label, you have the option to select your payment method. Once you select processing funds, it will stay that way until you decide to change it."

If I would decide to change it where is that option???

Message 9 of 40
latest reply

Been 4 days and 3 days since i printed the labels and shipped, amount are still not deducted. 

Message 10 of 40
latest reply

I haven't used FedEx but in the US FedEx bills once the label reaches their depot or when it is delivered. (One or the other, I can't remember which)  It's probably the same here. 

Message 11 of 40
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@38e_avenue wrote:

@rocketscollectibles 

@thecreativesbox 

@38e_avenue 

The billable amount displays immediately using the drop down unders orders --->Labels. In theory there should be no lag time after creating a label.

devon@ebay   Can you clarify how long it should take for charges to be removed from a sellers account? As per the original release of MP shipping label charges were "supposed" to be from the pending transaction/or already released funds vs a floating inconsistent window. And definitely NOT after those funds have been released to seller.

There is no actual clarification to a definition for  "after". It's not immediately?

The Customer agrees to pay for the Items at the Applicable Published Prices and deposit at the applicable
location. The Items and price applied are subject to verification, correction and adjustment for any applicable
The Customer agrees to reimburse Canada Post for any incremental terminal dues costs such as, but not limited
to, bulk mail and remail charges that are applied by the receiving Postal Administration, as specified in the

-Lotz

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! There are several different factors that can impact on how long it would take for the charges to be removed. Normally it can take 24 hours for that to happen but depending on some factors it could take longer. 

Message 12 of 40
latest reply

@regs43 wrote:

devon@ebay is there a way to pay for ebay labels with a credit card FIRST and not pending funds? I was never given the option as to what I wanted to use, and in the USA there is multiple options and easy to change it from what i have seen, Here mine just says

"

Pay with

We'll charge you after the shipping label is printed."

Pay with WHAT??? do other people see something here saying ebay funds or have an option to select a different method?

Also the Canadian article in ebay help regarding labels says 
"

You can print Canada Post and FedEx shipping labels from Sold - opens in new window or tab in My eBay, or from the Orders page - opens in new window or tab in Seller Hub:

• Canada Post and FedEx shipping label charges will be deducted from your processing funds.

When you print a shipping label, you have the option to select your payment method. Once you select processing funds, it will stay that way until you decide to change it."

If I would decide to change it where is that option???

Hi @regs43! Let me double check with the product team to see if that same option exist for Canadian sellers as it does with US sellers. 

Message 13 of 40
latest reply

Took 5 days for my July 20 Canada Post labels to post to my acount today. Crazy!!!! Canada Post with a credit card is instant lol but I cant get expedited lite on there.

I buy all my small packet/tracked packet USA on my own account as I am $400.00 away from a level 4 discount at this point, will be 1 year since I started working toward that goal on August 5, 2022!

Message 14 of 40
latest reply

So my expedited lite package got delivered today, and charged today. The order was placed july 20. So it took 5 days. I guess they charge the amount when it's delivered. 

My fedex label got delivered yesterday. And still no deducted. Order was placed july 19...

Message 15 of 40
latest reply

So my expedited lite package got delivered today, and charged today. The order was placed july 20. So it took 5 days. I guess they charge the amount when it's delivered. 

My fedex label got delivered yesterday. And still no deducted. Order was placed july 19...

@rocketscollectibles 

elizabeth@ebay 

kyle@ebay 

Hello,

Do you have an answer for this issue please? It seems there is 2 standards for sellers being charged for labels. One for USA and lesser standard for Canadian sellers. This is something that should be consistant and reliable as there no way to perfectly hold funds on ca to cover these charges and no option for sellers to use a CC if they so choose.

Thanks,

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Message 16 of 40
latest reply

@rocketscollectibles 

elizabeth@ebay 

kyle@ebay 

Hello,

Do you have an answer for this issue please? It seems there is 2 standards for sellers being charged for labels. One for USA and lesser standard for Canadian sellers. This is something that should be consistant and reliable as there no way to perfectly hold funds on ca to cover these charges and no option for sellers to use a CC if they so choose.

Thanks,

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies & @rocketscollectibles. This is some great feedback about the process. We'll get this passed along to the US and CA shipping teams.

Message 17 of 40
latest reply

It takes a week after the item is delivered with FedEx. Canada Post, the charge happens within a couple of days even before delivery.

Message 18 of 40
latest reply

devon@ebay wrote:

@38e_avenue wrote:

@rocketscollectibles 

@thecreativesbox 

@38e_avenue 

-Lotz

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! There are several different factors that can impact on how long it would take for the charges to be removed. Normally it can take 24 hours for that to happen but depending on some factors it could take longer. 

Hello elizabeth@ebay 

I had 2 recent shipments. 1 Small Packet air to the USA shipped on the July 22. Charges were pulled on the 31st(9 days). 2nd shipment USA tracked shipped on the 26. Charges also pulled on the 31st(5 days). Are there reasons that can be shared why in the USA it is reported that it is immediate and in Canada "it could take longer' or there is no consistency to how long it can take? With PayPal, Shippo and CP there are removed almost immediately(under 1 hour)?

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

PS. Still looking for followup for post 11 @regs43 

Message 19 of 40
latest reply

It's been 12 days now and they did not charge me that fedex label yet... Delivered 7 days ago. 

I had one more expedited lite label purchased a few days ago and got charged today, just after my ebay funds got sent to bank account, automatically. So i have negative funds now. This system and delays are awful 

Message 20 of 40
latest reply