Delay getting charged for labels?

I don't ship a lot with buying shipping labels so i never really check when i get charge. I bought a fedex label for the first time (usually always go CP), because it was the cheapest option ($17). It was showing that the service was like 90% off taking it on ebay and usually cost over $150. I did not got charged for it yet. And i'm kinda stessed to get charge the full price.

Anyone know how much delay there is to be charged and see it in our recent activities summary? Just would like to see the amount i pay confirmed.

I bought a CP expedited lite label yesterday too and this one isnt paid yet neither. 

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

@rocketscollectibles wrote:

It's been 12 days now and they did not charge me that fedex label yet... Delivered 7 days ago. 

I had one more expedited lite label purchased a few days ago and got charged today, just after my ebay funds got sent to bank account, automatically. So i have negative funds now. This system and delays are awful 

@rocketscollectibles 

elizabeth@ebay   Urgent!!!! Please address. 

Message 21 of 40
latest reply

Just adding on is there any update on getting a receipt for any of these labels??? STILL also an issue!

I agree with Rocket, that this system is awful!!!

If these issues were to actually be address in an acceptable amount of time that would be nice! Only been like 6 months on the receipts issue since I brought it up multiple times (brought up receipt before that by other sellers on these boards).

Message 22 of 40
latest reply

@regs43 wrote:

Just adding on is there any update on getting a receipt for any of these labels??? STILL also an issue!

I agree with Rocket, that this system is awful!!!

If these issues were to actually be address in an acceptable amount of time that would be nice! Only been like 6 months on the receipts issue since I brought it up multiple times (brought up receipt before that by other sellers on these boards).

@regs43 

One of a variety of  reasons I had apprehension to switching to eBay labels from the get go was how charges to sellers were processed. In the early days of MP I had a customer request a quicker method of shipping than I had offered after paying. Because eBay has no way to send additional approved chargest to a buyer was forced to refund. Not knowing that the unprocessed funds would not be the first area the refund would come from. They came from my bank account. Because it was a substantial amount it put the account in overdraft. ($45.oo). One would routinely believe a refund would get processed from the original transaction. Bzzzz...Nope...But thank you for playing along.

I never had issues with shipping charges processed through Shippo/PayPal. Same goes for the host of others that used CP with a CC...for those magical bonus points. Spring forward to level 4 discounted shipping rates with eBay labels and having no idea when charges would be pulled and then trying to coordinate even for store fees which can get pulled "sometime" on the 2nd,3rd or 4th of the month and trying to make sure I have available funds to cover those charges. August? Another month where it won't work. Tuesday is the first so any funds will be sent. Will another sale get processed before the 3rd? Anyones guess!!! 

Managed Payments will only be managed when sellers can manage how they choose to control their funds....Not how eBay currently administers.....at their discretion.

-Lotz

@msau4301 

Re: Continue using Shippo vs eBay Labels discussion post

When level 4 was released with eBay Labels I was very nervous to switch. The savings I could pass on made it a no brainer for me. Would have 100 % preferred staying with Shippo but when I was advised by them officially that the only way to pay was CC that left me with no choice. It hasn't been helpful to realize there were so many issues with using....... 20 + that took no time to generate. Thanks to the others that assisted). Hard to believe for as long as eBay labels has been around none have been addressed and because there has been no follow up from eBay hard to know when or if they will be. C'mon....Not giving sellers the option to show discounted rates vs counter...Not including an invoice for shipping charges.... by now??? 

Would be interesting to know how many people have switched over or stayed with Shippo? For most you have to do what works best for you.

Message 23 of 40
latest reply

lotz I have still been using both eBay labels (for all Canadian shipments) and Shippo for US since the rate for Tracked Packet at my 250 gram size is only $11.27 which is almost the same as eBay labels. For Canadian shipments (and Expedited lite) eBay labels is the winner.

For Shippo I'm still getting my invoices through Paypal (last one just a couple of days ago). I had done a post here asking if anyone else was still getting billed by Paypal but I had no responses. I had provided my credit card when prompted to at the start of July but was also prompted to link my Canada Post account which had the same card number anyways. I only use Canada Post site directly during October when they have their free shipping Tuesdays and they still require a credit card even though they don't use it.

With Shippo I've received two invoices since the July start for several labels for this month and it was still processed through Paypal (I was very pleased!) I have more pending labels (haven't reached my $100 max for another invoice) so curious if it will still be the same once August kicks in (fingers are crossed)

Message 24 of 40
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@rocketscollectibles wrote:

It's been 12 days now and they did not charge me that fedex label yet... Delivered 7 days ago. 

I had one more expedited lite label purchased a few days ago and got charged today, just after my ebay funds got sent to bank account, automatically. So i have negative funds now. This system and delays are awful 

@rocketscollectibles 

elizabeth@ebay   Urgent!!!! Please address. 

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies & @rocketscollectibles, I'm sorry for the delay. We're still waiting on a response regarding this, but the proper team is looking into this, so we hope to have an update for you soon. 

Message 25 of 40
latest reply

Finally got charged on august 1. Took 13 days. 8 days after delivery. 

Message 26 of 40
latest reply

I was charged "just" 5 days after the label's purchase ....

Image2.jpg

Message 27 of 40
latest reply

@38e_avenue wrote:

I was charged "just" 5 days after the label's purchase ....

Image2.jpg

kyle@ebay 

An example for your records regarding sellers being charged on an inconsistent basis vs after processing a label(as per the eBay Labels page). There is definitely a variable in play but unfortunately sellers who need to know what that variable is have no idea what it is. As per the original release of eBay Labels it was charges were supposed to be immediate.

-Lotz

Message 28 of 40
latest reply

I typically get charged for eBay labels after two days BUT just today got an additional $2.52 upcharge for label from 7 days ago.

No idea why when I have a postage scale here at home and measure everything, many times use U-line boxes which have dimensions on bottom.

Message 29 of 40
latest reply

@msau4301 wrote:

I typically get charged for eBay labels after two days BUT just today got an additional $2.52 upcharge for label from 7 days ago.

No idea why when I have a postage scale here at home and measure everything, many times use U-line boxes which have dimensions on bottom.

@msau4301 

I have read in the past that "if" you create a label using CP directly and their was a discrepancy when they re-bill your account it includes an explanation as to what the discrepancy was. Trying to dispute it would be another issue. The few times I received an additional charge with Shippo(5/6 years) there was no actual explanation but it did reference what shipment it was being applied to. 

In theory shipping label charges should be comparable to Payouts and should include an email confirmation. Basically as a courtesy/reference. What the sellers do with those emails would be their choice.

-Lotz

Strangely as a side note when I have something sell to a US/Intl buyer there are 2 emails. One stating something has sold. The other stating it has been paid. For some unknown reason for Canadian sales it's only 1 email. (Disclaimer: Only time there are 2 emails is IF there is a major lag between sale and payment arriving.) Ebay features/Email consistency is iffy at best lately especially when you compare what happens between the 2 sites. 

Message 30 of 40
latest reply

@msau4301 wrote:

Looks strange - maybe that's the infamous CP  tube surcharge?  

Message 31 of 40
latest reply

Not sure what a "tube" surcharge is? This was a regular package but it was to a rural destination within Ontario, not sure if that was the reason (I would have thought the postal code was enough). 

eBay's message just shows the amount and which order it was associated to, no further explanation. I've received a couple in the past for a dollar or less, this one was a little more, no biggie but you would think they would charge the right amount if you put the correct info in, but as lotz says there are lots of inconsitencies so who knows!

Message 32 of 40
latest reply

@msau4301 wrote:

Remember that the dimensions listed on boxes are (usually) the inside dimensions, not the outside.

Message 33 of 40
latest reply

This a special CP surcharge for everything shipped in a cardboard tube. You can avoid the surcharge by measuring and providing the tube's circumference, what increases the final price by about 2 dollars.   

1.jpg

Message 34 of 40
latest reply

@38e_avenue wrote:

This a special CP surcharge for everything shipped in a cardboard tube. You can avoid the surcharge by measuring and providing the tube's circumference, what increases the final price by about 2 dollars.   

1.jpg

@38e_avenue 

@msau4301 

The tube surcharge has been visible with both the CP rate check tool and creating a shipment for years. It was omitted with shippo and eBay labels and never acknowledged (when pointed out to them) as a thing similar to signature service add ons or extra insurance. (Ebay Labels. Limited to value of the order.)

-Lotz

Message 35 of 40
latest reply

@msau4301 

As @flipistics mentioned those dimensions on boxes are the inside dimensions only.  I've found that in many cases once the package is done, the outside dimension are often slightly larger so I always use those measurements on the label. If you are using regular, expedited or Xpresspost services the dimensional shipping can put you up a price level even if the dimensions are slightly  

I'm sure it works that way with couriers too.  USPS Priority and Ground Advantage also have dimensional pricing but only if the package is above a certain size. (1 cu ft. ?)

With that being said, I probably did what you have been doing for ages without a problem.  It wasn't until someone else has a similar problem as you that I realized I should measure before doing the label.

Message 36 of 40
latest reply

Yes, like you say I did the same thing for years with no problems, there's always some keener trying to improve things but makes it worse. I know the labelled box size is a little less (found that out first time I got upcharged from Shippo and asked them why). I started just adding 1 cm to all the sizes (used to say 31 x 11 x 11 now do 32 x 12 x 12). The last one I got upcharge from was a bubble mailer (with eBay not Shippo), was a little harder to measure width since it was uneven (bunch of doll heads inside) so my guestimate of widest part might have been off.

Interestingly enough I have never (not ever) received the upcharges when sending Tracked Package to USA (even though my boxes are same size), coincidence or not I haven't received upcharge from Shippo in over a year (maybe more) and use them more than anything else. I use Shippo for US and eBay labels for Canada. All my recent upcharges have been through eBay labels for domestic shipments. Not all of them but my most recent makes four. The Expedited Lite were all okay, these were Regular Parcel mail. Now I just assume whatever charge I see it could be a buck or two more! So when it isn't it's a bonus!

Message 37 of 40
latest reply

@msau4301 wrote:

Yes, like you say I did the same thing for years with no problems, there's always some keener trying to improve things but makes it worse. I know the labelled box size is a little less (found that out first time I got upcharged from Shippo and asked them why). I started just adding 1 cm to all the sizes (used to say 31 x 11 x 11 now do 32 x 12 x 12). The last one I got upcharge from was a bubble mailer (with eBay not Shippo), was a little harder to measure width since it was uneven (bunch of doll heads inside) so my guestimate of widest part might have been off.

Interestingly enough I have never (not ever) received the upcharges when sending Tracked Package to USA (even though my boxes are same size), coincidence or not I haven't received upcharge from Shippo in over a year (maybe more) and use them more than anything else. I use Shippo for US and eBay labels for Canada. All my recent upcharges have been through eBay labels for domestic shipments. Not all of them but my most recent makes four. The Expedited Lite were all okay, these were Regular Parcel mail. Now I just assume whatever charge I see it could be a buck or two more! So when it isn't it's a bonus!

@msau4301 

Tongue in cheek....Have you ever gotten a credit for inputting too large of a measurement? No??

-Lotz

Message 38 of 40
latest reply

"Tongue in cheek....Have you ever gotten a credit for inputting too large of a measurement? No??"

Lol don't I wish! 

Message 39 of 40
latest reply

Possible the old adage....We can charge you more....but never less!!

Message 40 of 40
latest reply