Delay in receiving eBay messages by email

Has anyone else noticed a delay in eBay emails hitting your email box - or some not coming at all?

Over the past few days at least I have not been getting email notification when I get offers - it still pops up on my eBay page as an alert but I used to get a email as well - glitch or feature? And just now I sold something but again only know because the alert popped up on my page.

This morning around 7am I ended and sold similar an item that I am only just now getting the email for.

So to sum up, some messages horribly delayed, some not coming at all. The offer ones from days ago I have never gotten at all, some new listings coming very late - so it will be interesting to see if/when my sale one comes. Interested in knowing if this a "just me" thing or if others are seeing this too.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Delay in receiving eBay messages by email

Yes, I was checking my feedbacks early this morning and found a sale that I didn't know I had had 6 hours before. I wanted to get it mailed, so I phoned eBay and they said it would come up later. I explained that I wanted to mail it soon, so they sent me the address so I could do that. The sale just came up, almost 11 hours late!

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I've had a few like this earlier in the morning a few hours delay.

PS one can get the address from the "view order details" and/or by printing the "print packing slip"  drop downs from my ebay "print labels and ship" list.

That's how I found my MIA emails I'd printed the address and packing slip (remember I'm a stamps on the box kinda guy) and discovered I had no emails for them yet....the emails have all showed up now, I haven't had any sales for a few hours so can't say if it is fixed or not.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I experienced some delays, about 3 hours, on Monday night.

I only noticed because I did a partial refund which normally triggers two emails within a couple of minutes of clicking the refund button. This time it took about an hour for the first one and then another hour or so for the follow up.

When I went to the Hub to check that the refunds were in process (they were) I noticed a new sale, the notification for that showed up an hour or two later.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Yes, I have also been having delays. At first it looked like it was only when I listed items, the emails would sometimes not come in until the next day. This morning I saw "Your item sold" on my phone/app notifications but no email. The email came through 4 hours later though. Usually it's immediate. Something's up again.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@msau4301 wrote:

Something's up again.

Yeah eBay's outgoing mail servers have a light case of Covid, they will get over it in a couple of days.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@recped wrote:

@msau4301 wrote:

Something's up again.

Yeah eBay's outgoing mail servers have a light case of Covid, they will get over it in a couple of days.

It's similar to the sellers sending non letter as letter mail internationally.. Ebay is doing the same with its email!!  🙄  If there any stamps on a box kind of folks who can spare some stamps please forward to eBay San Jose. 

-Lotz

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

The e-mails have been delayed.

The mobile notifications from the app are working for me. I use those because it makes it quicker and easier to respond to offers/questions. I understand, some people might not want an additional app or notification. 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Still slow today......

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

yeah, same here.  app is working fine but delays in messages all week.  No real biggie when youve got the app.  one message this week took 24 hours post sale to get to me via email, I had already shipped it before it appeared in my inbox.  Also Ive been getting duplicate messages when they do show up for about half of my sales this week and last.  

Message 10 of 10
latest reply