Ebay FRAUD, They let a customer steal my laptop and keep the money

I sold my laptop and the customer claimed that there was something wrong with it. I couldn't get a shipping label from Canada Post the lady at the post office said they couldn't do it so I called ebay while the case was on hold to let them know I couldn't get a shipping label form the post office I went to. The lady on the phone said that I just needed to get a note from the post office stating I was unable to get a return label from them. So I went down to the post office and got what requested used the link they sent and uploaded the document they requested. I called back on June 27, 2022 to make sure they recived the document and was told they would contact the buyer to have it returned and credit the buyer. This was deciet and a dishonest act by ebay. I haven't sold anything on here for years and had no idea they were ripping people off like this. On June 30, 2022 they took the hold off and gave the money back to the buyer. SO THE BUYER HAS MY LABTOP AND THE MONEY FROM EBAY. I contacted the RCMP to file a fraud charge against ebay or should I press charges against the buyer for fraud. I also filed a complaint with the Better business. I contacted the buyer to let them know I was filing a criminal complain and to return the laptop. ebay lied to me over and over and over and I got scammed because of it. I am not sure how their policies can override criminal law. 

Is there anything else I can do to stop them from stealing my laptop? I have changed my bank account and closed the one linked to this ebay account so they can't get the money out. I kept all the calls and documentation for my case against these scammers. Can I go to the buyer residents and demand to have the laptop back?

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If I wasn't fighting these scumbags I would just delete this useless account on this useless site now. I could care less about their "criminal service" and my "next customer" I will never buy nothing here or sell nothing here ever again. Some of you have been brainwashed really bad to keep you masters at scum-bay happy.

If this happens to you and you just wanted to sell someone on here first DON'T DO IT.

If this happens to you call your bank and have them shut down any account connected to scambay. 

Call your credit agency and put a "fraud alert" on your credit account. Call the RCMP and get a criminal complain number for your bank and the credit companies like Equifax. File a better business complaint so others will know what a bunch of liers and scammers Scambay is. Help put them out of business.

Thank you to everyone that gave me some good advise on here, all you other brainwashed fool kissing these scammers **bleep**s I hope you get what's coming to you. Go on Youtube and search ebay and scamming you will find hundreds of reports on scambay not following their own policies and then using them against you.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Create a Twitter account (you can use a generic e-mail). 

https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en

Compile your relevant info together. I understand what happened to you sucked, but try to keep anything emotional out of it. They just need the info about the return, your attempts to send a label, etc.

Go to that Twitter account. Message them, explain how you followed eBay's direction by the case deadline, and they wrongly ruled in favor of the buyer. eBay might be willing to cover the refund if it is determined you followed the steps outlined to fulfill your obligations in the case.

The reason I suggest you use that Twitter is because the customer service there seems to be better than the one available on the eBay website. It takes 30 seconds to create a Twitter account, and you can close the account after the situation is resolved. 

You can try the above with eBay's chat line on the website, but most people say the Twitter or Facebook page provides better service. 

Message 2 of 32
latest reply

It seems obvious that you did not RE-acquaint self with the rules, policies,etc for selling on eBay. Things do change...Buying and selling on eBay or any selling site for that matter, are entirely different experiences, but do require your due diligence for both. eBay is well known to have the worst possible phone "customer support" so anything you may or may not have been told really has no credibility ....and to us here in the forum; we know that generally there is "the rest of the story" that we have not heard....

I suspect your actions of "have changed my bank account and closed the one linked to this ebay account so they can't get the money out. " will not work favorably for you. You needed to follow the necessary steps  in the resolutiuon process, and provide what was required of you, but apparently that ship has sailed...An appeal is possible, but there is no guarantee eBay will reverse their decision...but one can give it a go and see ...

However, good luck with those "legal" claims and charges you have and/or are planing to put forth going forward...As most persons who have already tried those sorts of things have learned and found out, there is little there that will go in your favour and/or make any difference in this matter..

Message 3 of 32
latest reply

What happened to you was a lack of due diligence on your own part in regards to keeping up to speed on eBay selling policy and selling a used electronic item in a truly "High Risk" category. Never would I sell a used electronic on eBay, never have, never will.

Also, as mentioned "....and to us here in the forum; we know that generally there is "the rest of the story" that we have not heard...." by @mrdutch1001 there is very little detail about what actually transpired with the Buyer and yourself, what was wrong with the Laptop, what was not working?

Other than calling eBay Frauds and threatening to "go to the buyer residents and demand to have the laptop back?" Good luck with that.

You do realize that your Buyer and any future Buyers can see your CS skills and business savvy from this post, just saying...

You are on a public board ranting about your Buyer and eBay making threats to go after them and throwing the word FRAUD around like it was a wet rag. 

BTW, This was a FRAUD...

Message 4 of 32
latest reply

@brent_the_king wrote:

I sold my laptop and the customer claimed that there was something wrong with it. I couldn't get a shipping label from Canada Post the lady at the post office said they couldn't do it so I called ebay while the case was on hold to let them know I couldn't get a shipping label form the post office I went to. The lady on the phone said that I just needed to get a note from the post office stating I was unable to get a return label from them. So I went down to the post office and got what requested used the link they sent and uploaded the document they requested. I called back on June 27, 2022 to make sure they recived the document and was told they would contact the buyer to have it returned and credit the buyer. This was deciet and a dishonest act by ebay. I haven't sold anything on here for years and had no idea they were ripping people off like this. On June 30, 2022 they took the hold off and gave the money back to the buyer. SO THE BUYER HAS MY LABTOP AND THE MONEY FROM EBAY. I contacted the RCMP to file a fraud charge against ebay or should I press charges against the buyer for fraud. I also filed a complaint with the Better business. I contacted the buyer to let them know I was filing a criminal complain and to return the laptop. ebay lied to me over and over and over and I got scammed because of it. I am not sure how their policies can override criminal law. 

Is there anything else I can do to stop them from stealing my laptop? I have changed my bank account and closed the one linked to this ebay account so they can't get the money out. I kept all the calls and documentation for my case against these scammers. Can I go to the buyer residents and demand to have the laptop back?

You should have read this page to see how to handle returns where it's not possible to send a return label:

https://www.ebay.ca/help/selling/managing-returns-refunds/return-shipping-sellers?id=4703

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 32
latest reply

Actually, as a Seller when questioned about a return you should always read any related eBay policies BEFORE replying to your Buyer. They are a quick read in general and quite detailed. Then you can actually "quote" specifics in your reply, keeping said reply calm, factual, and emotion-free.

Message 6 of 32
latest reply

I read all there policies and did exaclty what they said to do. The laptop was working fine I reset the operating system before shipping for privacy reason of course. They buy said there was not windows 10 on it. This was the reason I not longer have a laptop. Lucky I was able to change bank accounts so they can't take out the money. I called them and told them I couldn't get a shipping label and follower there direction. They closed the case anyway and refunded the buyer over this stupidy.  

They put the case on hold on Monday I couldn't even upload a shipping label as there was not long a spot to do it I told them that on Monday I was told twice that there was nothing more I needed to do.

I am suprised how many here are all for there criminal behavior. Look up the definition of Fraud in Canada. 

Message 7 of 32
latest reply

@brettjet38 wrote:

What happened to you was a lack of due diligence on your own part in regards to keeping up to speed on eBay selling policy and selling a used electronic item in a truly "High Risk" category. Never would I sell a used electronic on eBay, never have, never will.

Also, as mentioned "....and to us here in the forum; we know that generally there is "the rest of the story" that we have not heard...." by @mrdutch1001 there is very little detail about what actually transpired with the Buyer and yourself, what was wrong with the Laptop, what was not working?

Other than calling eBay Frauds and threatening to "go to the buyer residents and demand to have the laptop back?" Good luck with that.

You do realize that your Buyer and any future Buyers can see your CS skills and business savvy from this post, just saying...

You are on a public board ranting about your Buyer and eBay making threats to go after them and throwing the word FRAUD around like it was a wet rag. 

BTW, This was a FRAUD...

What are you talking about, I haven't sold anything on here an years and just wanted to sell my personal laptop for some extra money. Sorry I needed an ebay business degree not to get scammed. WOW. I'm never selling any on here ever again. Wow. 

"You do realize that your Buyer and any future Buyers can see your CS skills and business savvy from this post, just saying..."

What a stupid thing to say. I got scammed and you think I care about my next buyer what a joke you are.

Message 8 of 32
latest reply

If I wasn't fighting these scumbags I would just delete this useless account on this useless site now. I could care less about their "criminal service" and my "next customer" I will never buy nothing here or sell nothing here ever again. Some of you have been brainwashed really bad to keep you masters at scum-bay happy.

If this happens to you and you just wanted to sell someone on here first DON'T DO IT.

If this happens to you call your bank and have them shut down any account connected to scambay. 

Call your credit agency and put a "fraud alert" on your credit account. Call the RCMP and get a criminal complain number for your bank and the credit companies like Equifax. File a better business complaint so others will know what a bunch of liers and scammers Scambay is. Help put them out of business.

Thank you to everyone that gave me some good advise on here, all you other brainwashed fool kissing these scammers **bleep**s I hope you get what's coming to you. Go on Youtube and search ebay and scamming you will find hundreds of reports on scambay not following their own policies and then using them against you.

Message 9 of 32
latest reply

Thank you for this, I don't use Twitter that place is a scumhole, no wonder scambay has an account there.

Message 10 of 32
latest reply

Wow, I wonder why I have never had to do this on Kijjii to sell something? Gee I wonder why? Wow I have never read a single one of their polices ever? Gee I have never been scammed by a person buying something from me ever gee I just I should just a masters in scambay not to get scammed. Your so smart.

Message 11 of 32
latest reply

Message 12 of 32
latest reply

Canada Post does not sell shipping labels for other postal systems.

We can buy USPS labels through Shippo, we might even get a small discount. I'm not sure about any other nation.

We can also buy Canada Post labels online for Canadian addresses.

What country is your buyer in?

Did he file an Item Not As Described dispute?

Did you follow the instructions in the Dispute?

EBay will send return shipping labels to a complainant and then charge it to you, if you stay within the Dispute.

But if you make up your own system, you are on your own.

Message 13 of 32
latest reply

Comparing eBay to Kijiji is pointless. You chose to sell on eBay and chose not to understand or even read the policies of the site when something went wrong. If you had, you likely would have had a much more favourable outcome but it seems that might be too late now. If you preferred Kijiji you should have stuck with it but you knew eBay had a bigger buyer pool and you chose to use it. I’d have more sympathy if this was posted in a reasonable manner but again it wasn’t so lesson learned.
Message 14 of 32
latest reply

@brent_the_king "What a stupid thing to say. I got scammed and you think I care about my next buyer what a joke you are."

Sorry, I think the joke is you, but you are right maybe you and eBay are not a good fit, You do not seem to like "Procedure" or rules, and the reason you loved Kajiji so much until you couldn't sell your used laptop so you decided to "hawk" it on eBay without due-diligence. In fact, I see you sold it twice, the first Buyer backed out I guess...

As for trying to stop eBay from getting the money back from you, no worries they have "collection agencies" who will come a-knocking eventually, and that will do wonders for your credit reputation/rating.

@brent_the_king "They buy said there was not windows 10 on it. This was the reason I not longer have a laptop."

As for this, it makes no sense?? But then again like many young people, you do not "proofread" before you go ranting and screaming FRAUD!

I am going to guess you got a return request and did not reply in a professional manner, and with "empathy" towards your BUYER (Client), and then it escalated to insults and namecalling as you have done the same thing on here to the people pointing out the facts, trying to "HELP" you...

...but to quote Forrest Gump “Stupid is as stupid does” and evidently you did!

Message 15 of 32
latest reply

Twitter is a scumhole, too!?

You like to call everyone and everything "Scum", projecting much?!

Message 16 of 32
latest reply

**bleep** does Twitter have to do with anything on eBay? Do you have a...POINT?

Message 17 of 32
latest reply

How did a buyer get your laptop without PAYMENT in the 1st place? Your communication skills are very poor, about shipping labels, etc. Seriously, you need to calm down and type LEGIBLE sentences. I empathize with you bc I just lost over $300.00 to a seller who just never shipped the item. I live in a rural area and need to shop online bc there is NOTHING to buy locally.

Message 18 of 32
latest reply

Getting RIPPED OFF is NOT a joking matter! Have you no shame???

Message 19 of 32
latest reply

I agree that Kijiji has better quality clientel, but there is no way to buy safely on there either.  I haven't had a problem on Kijiji but I rarely buy on there, bc I need to send $$$ to strangers whose names I don't even know, and then HOPE they ship me the product. That is INSANE.

Message 20 of 32
latest reply