Ebay send is the worst

I've ordered about a dozen packages in the past two months. Ebay Send seems to have the same price as Fed-X, UPS, and multiple carriers.

All the things I bought arrived on time without any delay. Except for things shipped with ebay send. As soon as every package hits the very first facility the tracking tells me it will be late.

One package updated 5 times after it shipped. All updates look like this: N/A arrived at facility. Tracking on this item stopped nearly 20 days ago. Estimated delivery is coming up in a few days. However this seller offered free shipping. He must know the service sucks.

A second ebay send package updated me until it got to Compton, CA and hasn't updated me since. It's been 15 days. This was 20$ US for shipping. What terrible service. Can I leave a negative review for using ebay send? The service doesn't deserve to be competing when other services have tracking down flawlessly and deliver their items early or on time.
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Ebay send is the worst

@tmot_ca_krjhd6w wrote:
I've ordered about a dozen packages in the past two months.
All the things I bought arrived on time without any delay. Except for things shipped with ebay send. As soon as every package hits the very first facility the tracking tells me it will be late.
What terrible service. Can I leave a negative review for using ebay send?

No. You can only leave feedback for the Seller.

If the purchases do not arrive, open an Item-Not-Received claim to get your money back.

According to ecommercebytes this new "economical" service (January 2020 for ebay.com) appears to be powered by DHL and Easy Ship.  The buyer is responsible for any sales tax and duty on arrival (unlike GSP which is prepaid).

-..-

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Ebay send is the worst

In my long experience in mail order, 20 days for delivery anywhere in North America is normal.

Usually it will be a bid sooner, but 20 days is not unusual.

At the moment the international postal system is dealing with Christmas levels of online shipping, since so many are isolating due to the Pandemic. In addition, postal systems are dealing with workers off sick, on parental leave, and new safety distancing in their plants.

I don't see any advantage to eBaySend over the GSP, except that Canadian buyers in particular detest it for charging Canadian duty and taxes plus a service charge before the purchase is sent by the seller.

So it may only exist for buyers who will never again buy through the GSP.

Something I fully agree with.

If your eBaySend parcel is assessed by CBSA, you will be paying the same duty, tax and a $9.95 Canada Post service charge. But it's unlikely on a low value item.

There are black holes in the USA postal system. Chicago is notorious. Sounds like Compton might be too.

BTW -- this is what a postal terminal looks like:

POSTAL TERMINAL USPS.jpg

(This was a Christmas rush picture obviously. Canada Post has been saying their workload is three to six times heavier than Christmas.)

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Ebay send is the worst

Canada Post ......Today it is Three to six times heavier than Christmas.

and then the US Problems....  

My store is on vacation since March 16.....   and when I do  plan to start selling again,  I may start with selling to Canadian buyers only... as a beginning.... Canada is adjusting to the reality of Covid-19... I can see this in Winnipeg where I live.

Once I have adjusted to the situation in Canada,  I may choose to sell to the US again.

The US is in a big mess right now... Covid-19   .... and now also the demonstrations in all major cities....  Things may quieten down... eventually.... maybe.

and when the store is no longer on vacation,  there will be over 200 new listings in my store.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Ebay send is the worst

I always have problems with eBay Delivery Services, pagkages seems to wait christmas to be shipped from a facility, updates on ebay are really not reliable, i really hate this shipping system. Sellers that uses regular shippers like ups, canada post, usps, no issue and are really faster.

I think i have no choice to literally stop buying on ebay. I would rather pay 20$ more on another store, and get my stuff faster with a more reliable tracking system.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Ebay send is the worst

Your other choice is not to buy from sellers who are using the eBay Send service. Not many do, most prefer to use the Global Shipping Program which basically seems to use USPS to the plant (in Kentucky) a private shipper (whoever has space) to the border and usually but not always Canada Post once in Canada.

The advantage is that all your import fees are paid upfront, before the seller is even told to ship, instead of on your doorstep.

There were a lot of complaints about the upfront import fees before July 2020, when our Canadian duty free allowance rose to $150 and tax free allowance rose to $40 (from $20 for either).  Most of the fees now under GSP with be their $5 service fee and the sales tax because : NAFTA.

The seller controls how he ships. He wants a service that is secure and preferably fast. If your seller does not state how he will be shipping, it's up to you to ask BEFORE buying, what service he will be using, and if you don't like it, don't buy.

And I can't believe I am defending the Global Shipping Program either.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Ebay send is the worst

@reallynicestamps wrote:

And I can't believe I am defending the Global Shipping Program either.

You're not.  You're providing information.  To someone who posted to a year old thread.   😁

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Ebay send is the worst

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 8 of 8
latest reply