Ebay to help with Item Not Received

@happy_pigeon

Ebay Canada staff indicated that protection would be in place for Item Not Received claims.

Ebay must SUSPEND the opening of the claims process for INR until the strike is over and the the backlog at Canada Post is cleared:

- for all buyers with delivery address in Canada PLUS,

- for all international buyers of items sent from Canada. 

This needs to happen now, today.  

Instead of the INR process, the buyer must be informed of the likely reason for INR with information about the strike and be asked to contact the seller for more information, if needed.

These INR claims could be made later after the strike has ended and the backlog is cleared at Canada Post, most will not be necessary since they will be received late but at no fault of the sender.

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Ebay to help with Item Not Received

I almost wonder if the hit-and-miss part for auto-removal is exclusive to eBay Canada and not anything that migrated over to eBay.com for seller or buyer.
Message 21 of 26
latest reply

Yes, this the lack of support feared. Too bad ebay took such a hands off approach to all this. No training for CS staff, no clear directive to CS as you will see.

Message 22 of 26
latest reply

anddev_78
Community Member
I didn't receive my item. Tracking number says, it's missing. Seller isn't responding to my messages. Tried to contact Ebay by phone but it's temp unavailable. I want my purchase or my money back. It's been 2 months. Please Help.
Message 23 of 26
latest reply

ZOMBIE POST FROM 2018

The problem with zombie posts is that the information in them may be out of date or incorrect.

Message 24 of 26
latest reply

Message 25 of 26
latest reply

If it has been less than 30 days since the last estimated date for delivery, go to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page and open an Item Not Received dispute.

If it has been longer, go to your Paypal account instead. Their Resolution Centre is at the top of the page under Tools.

In either case the first suggestion is to Contact the Seller.

If you do, the ONLY thing you want is a refund. Don't get into a conversation and don't accept an offer of a replacement. It won't arrive either.

Ask eBay/PP to step in and escalate to a Claim.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

Message 26 of 26
latest reply