Exceeded messages

I have been trying to answer a question from a buyer, but keep getting "you have exceeded the number of messages you can send try again in 24 hours"! What is that about, I haven't sent a message for days, how can we contact buyers if you can't send a message?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Exceeded messages

Finally got it. I went to her feedback and to "contact", and 'message is not about an item" and got it through that way. If it had been asking for an offer, I could not have done that.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Exceeded messages

So far I have been ok, I send a message to each buyer advising their material is on its way and I have not received this message.

Can you tell what site they are on? Try sending from the site they are on assuming it is either .COM or .CA If it is an international site that might be the problem?

If that doesn't work, and you've tried a few times, I would suggest clearing your cache, that's always good to do when unexplained things aren't working.

Thats all I can think of to try...

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Exceeded messages

Thanks, she is in Canada and contacted me a couple of weeks ago. I cleared my cache yesterday. She is on .com, the same as me.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Exceeded messages

@triber  I would try sending from .CA as an experiment.

You've tried sending multiple times right? Some of the glitches eventually work if you try enough times with the leaving feedback problems....

I would also try to respond from both accessing within "my ebay" messages, and also from within the actual item. Sometimes other ways might work.

There might be a new expiry time period kind of thing attached to messages from buyers now? I've always responded withing a few hours so I can't say what would happen if it was a couple weeks since one received the message. 

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Exceeded messages

byto253
Community Member

When I go read a message from .com and cick on reply it transfers over to .ca. so trying directly from .ca makes sense.  Interested to hear if this is continuing or not, as it is odd.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Exceeded messages

Yes, I've tried about 6 times, I need to contact her. Now I think about it, I think she was messaging from .ca. It says to try again in 24 hours, but that is not good correspondance with buyers. I can't find any other way to do it. Probably have to contact eBay yet again.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Exceeded messages

Finally got it. I went to her feedback and to "contact", and 'message is not about an item" and got it through that way. If it had been asking for an offer, I could not have done that.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Exceeded messages

I received this message yesterday on a Desktop computer. I assumed it was a bug, as I have never received it before. 

I was able to respond to the customer message directly (without having to use any work around like clicking their profile) using the mobile app. I also only received the message with one customer, and not with others. So it seems like it was a bug.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Exceeded messages

I Have gotten the same notification when I sent several messages to buyers on the same day. I don't know how many are allowed but it seems as though eBay operates like the authoritarian countries such as Russia and China. Hey implement any rules they desire. I gave up sending numerous messages in the same time frame and haven't tried again. To reply to a member on this forum, highlight their user name, ie. triber, then paste it where it says message. There will be a screen where you can type in a reply. The usual way you receive threads in reply is that they are not from the community. They are from approved, appointed eBay employees as far as I know. To reply or contact a member, follow my copy and paste method mentioned above.good Luck!

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Exceeded messages

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2021

The problem with zombie threads is that the information may be out of date and no longer applicable.

The eBay employees who respond to threads are called in by using (for example) "@tyler....@   ebaydotcom" - you can figure out the actual format, I think.

Most posters are buyers and sellers taking a break from the lonely job of describing, uploading, and packaging and having a coffee and a argybargy with other poor lonely busybodies members.

And just for the record threads are closed by the Board monitors who are subcontracted to eBay. Their names are usually preceded with "kh-"

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Exceeded messages

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue discussing this topic.

Thanks for your understanding!

Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 11 of 11
latest reply