Finally a Promo - 500 free.

Create 500 FREE auction or fixed price listings
Pay no insertion fees on up to 500 listings. Excludes 1-day and 3-day duration. Learn More
- opens in a new window or tab

Start: 25/01/17 00:00:00 EST
End: 31/01/17 23:59:59 EST

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Finally a Promo - 500 free.

never got the free promo ...

I do not have a store on eBay...I do not sell enough anymore to warrant that and apparently eBay doesn't want my business anyway, as they are not throwing many free promos my way anymore.... I don't sell much in the way of high value items - most of the items I list are lower price so it is not economically feasible to pay a 30c listing fee. Oh well eBay is what it is,  and my not listing here is eBay's loss.

Message 21 of 29
latest reply

@bert1630 wrote:

I don,t have a store and its ridiculous to pay 30 cents for each insertion then 10% of my final fee which also includes my shipping which is an expense for me.I pay for the stamps and ebay thinks this is a profit for me????? Maybe it makes sense to take 10% in the US when they charge 20.00 to ship,but why in Canada where most shipping is $2.00 to $3.00. EBAY Canada what in hell are you doing for CANADIANS.

What shipping services are you comparing to?

Within Canada, most shipping services costs far more that $2-3 except for Lettermail. Expedited Parcel within Canada is a minimum of $8 shipping to yourself locally using PayPal shipping (750 grams) with discount and $10+ nationally with major city centers and higher for more remote locations.

You are also implying that a Canada Post Lettermail item (2 cm thick, 500 grams or less) $1.80+ tax to $5.05+tax mailed from Canada to Canada cost $20 for a USA seller to ship the same size item using USPS mailed from USA within USA. LOL.

If you cannot afford 10% shipping final value fee ($0.20-$0.30) on a shipping cost of $2-$3, then you are selling the wrong items or not charging enough to cover costs. Some items are not meant to be sold on eBay.

Message 22 of 29
latest reply

They couldn,t care less..I have not received a free promotion for over a year.They are weeding it out because now they only want people who sell big value cards.Yet set collectors are looking for low value cards,because they can,t afford the high value cards. What can you expect from a company that charges you fees on your expenses.(shipping)
Message 23 of 29
latest reply

@bert1630 wrote:
...I have not received a free promotion for over a year....

Pretty sure the promos last spring during the convert to Cdn$ push were available to most.

If you want to double up then consider: http://pages.ebay.ca/help/account/questions/second-account.html

Message 24 of 29
latest reply

My buying ID gets invited to ebay.com promos twice monthly. I have no intention whatsoever of using the ID to sell. Ever.

List FREE - 500 auction-style or fixed priced listings Start Date *  End Date 

Pay no insertion fees on up to 500 listings. Plus, add Buy It Now for free. Learn MoreApr. 05, 2017

04:20:03 pm PDT

Apr. 09, 2017

11:59:59 pm PDT

Message 25 of 29
latest reply

Ever since I increased my store from Basic to Premium I seem to not be getting any promos.  I used to get one per month on average, and now I've had one in 4 months.  I might as well just go back to basic and get the promos....cheaper and I get about the same # of listings.  Has anyone else found this to be the case?

Message 26 of 29
latest reply

I put a question like that to eBay Canada staff a few months ago and I was assured this was not the case. Rather, there are simply fewer promos to go around.

To address my own dis-satisfaction with the lack of promos, I'm planning to move about 100 of my singlequantity slow sellers to auction. After that, I'm prepared to start listing my free quota on eBay.com. Which is something I've never done before. The stinginess with promos is going to move my new listings AWAY from eBay Canada.
Message 27 of 29
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got it too but not happy that they didn't offer for US site.  We used to received free promos for both sites, ca and com and now it seems only for ca not both.  Not happy. 

I noticed that some of you moved from ca to com and you are not getting the free listing promos for com, is it worth it?  Just wonder.

I also missed back to back free listings promos like last year.  Wish they offer that again.  As I have said before, why not just let us list our items for free at any time?

Message 28 of 29
latest reply

I don,t have a store and its ridiculous to pay 30 cents for each insertion

Bert -- at the moment you have only 23 items listed.

All of those should have been Free Listings. And you can add another 27, since you get 50 free every month on dotCOM and then another 50 Free on dotCA.

If you go for Free Shipping domestically, you pay no shipping FVF on any sale, since it is based on the first domestic shipping price.

Free Shipping, to be clear, means including the cost of shipping in the asking price of the item.

Which is cheaper ?

A $10 item with $2 shipping?

or a $12 item with Free Shipping?

Message 29 of 29
latest reply