Finally a Promo - 500 free.

Create 500 FREE auction or fixed price listings
Pay no insertion fees on up to 500 listings. Excludes 1-day and 3-day duration. Learn More
- opens in a new window or tab

Start: 25/01/17 00:00:00 EST
End: 31/01/17 23:59:59 EST

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Not for me. Too bad since today is the day I use the last of my 1,000 store listings on GTC.... but then ebay knows the rest are GTC and therefore money in their pockets. 

I know Raphael denied this was a factor in who is invited and who is not, but I am tempted to 'cancel' my last 300 GTC of the month and leave them in the unsold, in order to see if a pile of Unsolds brings my promos back. 

Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 7.20.19 AM.png

Message 4 of 29
latest reply

First one I got in awhile,,just my luck,,,New Brunswick had an ice storm over the past 24 hours and I'm without power,,along with 133,000 New Brunswickers,,,,,

Message 5 of 29
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Not for me. Too bad since today is the day I use the last of my 1,000 store listings on GTC.... but then ebay knows the rest are GTC and therefore money in their pockets. 

I know Raphael denied this was a factor in who is invited and who is not, but I am tempted to 'cancel' my last 300 GTC of the month and leave them in the unsold, in order to see if a pile of Unsolds brings my promos back. 

Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 7.20.19 AM.png

Notice that the reason say "expired" but does not say you were not invited. A subtle difference which seems to mean you are eligible at some time. If I recall correctly, in a recent promo this expired message was discussed in a topic posting a new offer was available, the offer was valid a few days later for some sellers who got the expired message.

Of course it can be the usual eBay.ca Canada incompetence at making these promos. It would not be the first time they messed up a promo date or terms or whatever to do with a promo.

I clicked on the link someone posted and got the expired message too. I also checked my "Promotional Offers" in My eBay and it was not there.

Message 6 of 29
latest reply

According to my Crystal Ball .............Here is my prediction, for those who were not invited.  Check Jan 27.

Message 7 of 29
latest reply

<gloat>

I also got a promo for 50% off FVF for half a dozen sales.  So that was nice.

</gloat>

Message 8 of 29
latest reply

Woohoo I got it too on multiple accounts. I've been waiting forever! Too bad it took so long to get a promo, I already just upgraded one of my store subscriptions. Joke's on me, I got suckered, I should have waited. Now will be the first time I secretly hope I don't get any more promos next month so I can be content with my Premium store. EBay wins AGAIN lol This time it was my own fault though 🤔
Message 9 of 29
latest reply

I got an email an hour ago reminding me that USD listings have ended....

As a sign of our appreciation for the significant efforts made by Canadian sellers, impacted sellers will receive zero insertion fees for up to 500 auction or fixed price listings*.

It was already showing in My eBay with the "get offer" button.

I did not get the offer or email on my smaller selling id's which have been getting most of the other recent promos. This id hasn't had a promo since October.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 10 of 29
latest reply

I got the same email.......from the wording I would expect all sellers who were impacted and converted should be getting the promo.

Message 11 of 29
latest reply

@photoseeum wrote:

I got the same email.......from the wording I would expect all sellers who were impacted and converted should be getting the promo.

ALL my selling id's were impacted but only one got the promo.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 12 of 29
latest reply

Unfortunately, you can no longer sign up for this promotional offer because it has expired.

Boo. My listings are expiring in a couple days, so no FVF for eBay until they "invite" me again.
Message 13 of 29
latest reply

I did not receive a thank-you Canadian email others have mentioned and also was not invited or eligible for the promo.

Once again, I think it is LEGACY accounts (long ago registered accounts originally opened on ebay.com) that are getting missed for ALL these invite promotions.

It really sounds like this one was supposed to go to ALL Canadian sellers.

Any other 'legacy' accounts invited or not?

Message 14 of 29
latest reply

I'm a legacy account and I never get invited to anything it seems....
Message 15 of 29
latest reply

I am a legacy account as well and did not get it

Message 16 of 29
latest reply

@ight.coin wrote:

I did not receive a thank-you Canadian email others have mentioned and also was not invited or eligible for It really sounds like this one was supposed to go to ALL Canadian sellers.

Who’s eligible?
This Promotion is available to invited sellers ....

When is it?
This Promotion will begin on the date specified in the message you received ...

http://pages.ebay.ca/promo/2016/list500.html

The promo link is ebay.CA's generic 500 free listings offer (for Canadian sellers in Cdn$ only).

I was invited to this same promo for the January 4 to 10 time period. I'm not on the short list this time, which is why I get: "Unfortunately, you can no longer sign up for this promotional offer because it has expired. " -- this message should only show if you have had an invite at some point in the past for this 500 listing promo.

After the date screw-ups for promos last year I think someone at eBay decided to make this offer detail page generic -- so seeing it posted in the forums isn't going to be much help, except as a reminder to check the Promotional Offer area of My eBay (on .ca).

eBay bureaucracy: It could be that eBay.ca doesn't have permission to set invites for Legacy users -- and eBay.com ignores them because they are not their section's responsibility.

-..-

Message 17 of 29
latest reply

I seem to be an anomaly but I've never counted on their promotions for anything anyway. If they happen to apply I've always considered them a bonus.

Now that I'm paying the monster anchor store fees, they rarely offer anything that would do me any good anyway....
Message 18 of 29
latest reply

wow never got an email as I would normally I would get in the past 2 years for the extra free listings

maybe ebay messed up or I guess they making enough from us that they don't want us to get free extra listings

Maybe they have heart and gives us those missed out next week FEB 1

I have over 500 items ended past few weeks and just waiting for a 500 or 1000 free listing otherwise no way will I list them and pay for listings as its not bad enough paying 10 percent fee when an item sells

May even consider free shipping for Canada and charge 25.00-30.00 for usa and international that's how some sellers in usa are doing it and not paying fees on shipping 

Message 19 of 29
latest reply

I don,t have a store and its ridiculous to pay 30 cents for each insertion then 10% of my final fee which also includes my shipping which is an expense for me.I pay for the stamps and ebay thinks this is a profit for me?????Maybe it makes sense to take 10% in the US when they charge 20.00 to ship,but why in Canada where most shipping is $2.00 to $3.00. EBAY Canada what in hell are you doing for CANADIANS.

Message 20 of 29
latest reply