Free Listings...

Did I miss some sort of announcement by eBay that Free Promotional Listings were no longer going to happen? They used to occur periodically...usually once a month for me...sometimes twice a month. They would allow for 500 or more listings for a defined period of time. I have not had one offered to me since about September 2017. Did they get rid of Free Listings?

Just wondering...

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Free Listings...

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Another-Promo-starting-tomorrow/td-p/392703

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Free Listings...

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Another-Promo-starting-tomorrow/td-p/392703

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Free Listings...

Hmmm....it's supposed to begin today but so far I have not received an invite. Wonder how they decide who gets an invite to offers....

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Free Listings...

It's a mystery!

Don't wait for an actual invite notification, check the promo section in My eBay on a regular basis.

One tip, multiple selling id's increase your chances of getting a promo.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Free Listings...

EBay's promotions are for the benefit of eBay.

If eBay thinks listings have dropped off in a particular category (sports cards, women's clothing, motorcycle parts, books) they offer a Free Listing promotion to sellers in those categories.

Or they may offer Free Listings for Auctions, across the board, if the number of Auctions drops off.

Or they may send a promotion to occasional sellers to encourage more listings.

Or to new members reminding them they can sell here too.

But promotions are never for you.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Free Listings...

wrote:

EBay's promotions are for the benefit of eBay..... But promotions are never for you.

I concur, they're never for me either.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Free Listings...

The biggest  Free Listings promo was over the summer of 2016 when all Canadian sellers got 50,000 Free Listings for a few months.

But only if we were listing in Canadian dollars.

The purpose was to encourage us to list in loonies rather than taking our choice of US or Canadian currency.

Some found it helpful, some found it annoying, some found it hard work.

But again, the purpose was to smooth the transition away from a dual currency site to a single currency site.

Just to be clear, we can still list in US dollars, we just have to list on dotCOM and with Flat Rate Shipping.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Free Listings...

i feel like i haven't received one of these offers in almost a year or more and since i don't have a lot of sales, i'm stuck having to wait until my next free 50 promotion the following month so as to not rack up ebay listing fees i most likely won't be able to cover without any sales. do you have to have top rated seller status to get these promotions or something? come on ebay, get it together already.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Free Listings...

Have no idea how it is decided what sellers receive the free listing promos but I have had them when a top rated seller as well as non-top rated seller. I also do not have a store on eBay.  I received both free listing promos for Jan. 2018 ...currently do not have top rated seller status...also have not had much for sales over the past 6 months ...

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Free Listings...

I haven't been invited to a promo since last summer .... on either of my selling accounts ... whether I sell a lot or sell a little.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Free Listings...

Ebay Canada..*Free Listings**

They seem to forget about us in Canada.. Ebay.com gets one or two free listings every 45 days or so..Here in Canada we get the shaft!! ""Twice a year now**..Ebay has not been the same since they separated us from tha USA..

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Free Listings...

Zombie thread from January 2018.

You get 100 free listings every month if you don't have a store (50 on .CA + 50 on .COM).

The last 6 months have had a bunch of FVF capped at $1 (with free listing included) offers or FVF reduction offers (listing not free).

-..-

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Free Listings...

Last 500 free listings on .CA promo that I've seen was August 2018 (invite only).

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/WARNING-August-11-to-17-promo-500-free-listings/m-p/4072...

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Free Listings...

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 14 of 14
latest reply