Free listings on .com for store owners - may apply to .ca stores as well

https://pages.ebay.com/promo/2020/0323/Stores50KInsertions.html

I know that some .ca store owners were able to accept the promo but don't know if they have tried to use it yet. 

I'm sure that it will only work for listings done on .com.

Disclaimer..I haven't read the rules/exclusions yet so please read.

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

We are .ca that use .com but cannot find anything in our promotional links to access this.
Message 2 of 26
latest reply

The link did work. Showed up in Hub. Will see how it kicks in as listings relist etc with GTC. Not really of much use to the average home seller and could cause more of a barrage of available eBay listings to meander through for a buyer to get to YOUR listings.  Really all depends on who it was intended for. $1,000,000 Hmmm?  Reduction in fees would be awesome either store or seller fees. Probably wishful thinking x 1000!!!

-Lotz

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

Good luck to all the store owners who are able to use the listing bonus and may you see many many sales from this windfall!  You have been blessed! 

As a non-store owner I won't be listing anything on eBay now or in the near future, not with the thousands upon thousands of listings that will now be pouring onto this site from all those .com store owners....

Don't get me wrong, I don't begrudge anyone...I do think it's a bit overdone with the quantity of listings though...

I will however, continue listing items on my other site which is gaining good traction...got another sale there today...

Message 4 of 26
latest reply

This works on both ca and com.............great promotion to help us all out.  Suppose to be until end of April.  But when accepting it shows good until April 1

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

@2dogsdeals wrote:
We are .ca that use .com but cannot find anything in our promotional links to access this.

Did you look while signed into ebay.COM ?

Promos only display on the site they are for.

Plus it does say invite-only.

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

Secondary Announcement on dot com

Helping each other through COVID-19 in ways that matter the most

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/Helping-each-other-through-COVID-19-in-ways-that-matter-...

Based on what you told us, the following moves are being implemented for our small and medium businesses: 

• Deferred Fee Payments: When we asked how we could help, many of you shared that help with cash flow and flexibility with payments was top of mind. For that reason, we are deferring most selling fees for eligible Store subscribers for a full 30 days. If you could use help with your payments, check here or your email on Wednesday, March 25, for complete details and how to request support. 

• Seller Protections: We want to reassure you that you will not be penalized for being unable to get an item out the door as fast as usual or if you have to unexpectedly cancel an order. To this end, Seller Performance Standards will not be negatively impacted for the next 90 days. For more on this topic, check the announcement board where we post frequently. 

• 100,000 Incremental FREE Listings: As the way we spend our time has changed - with more time at home and with family - there has been a shift in the type of items that are most in demand. Now is the perfect time to test new inventory, and I’m excited to share a new promotion for eBay Store owners. Subscribers can now list 50,000 additional fixed price listings FREE in March and 50,000 additional listings FREE in April*. Your success is our success and we want to help keep you listing and selling on eBay.

-Lotz

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

Click on the link on the first post and click on activate promotion.  It should  then show up in  sellers hub or my ebay on .com.

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

It looks like all of your listings are on .ca. It only applies to listings originating on .com.

Message 9 of 26
latest reply

Thanks so much for sharing.  It does work on .ca.  Appreciate it.

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

It may be useful to add a Note to these listings reminding us that they are part of the special deal when FP listings roll over next month. And the next and the next.

This can be done in bulk and after the fact.

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

For those of you who activated it, when you look at sellers hub does it say it ends at the end of April or the end of March? The promo said April 30 but in my sellers hub it shows as ending on midnight PT on March 31.  Do promotions that carry on over more than one month normally show up like that?

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

Hi @pjcdn2005 - The promo is broken out by month, so the one sent out recently is just for March, and you will be able to opt into another for April. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 13 of 26
latest reply

All my listings are on dot ca. After I activated it started GTC rollovers directly to the promotion. Currently I am at 14 used 49,986 left to go so just motoring along.  Even tried manually ending and relisting. They go straight to the promo.

-Lotz

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

@silverpinups @snoopwiz @mrdutch1001 

For the Eskimo that has everything.

Image result for freezers to the arctic funny

-Lotz

Message 15 of 26
latest reply

The promo specified .com listings, I'm glad that isn't true. Thanks for letting us know.

Message 16 of 26
latest reply

Hello guys!!

On a serious note how come I don't get these promotions?  I haven't gotten one in years.... Am I supposed to be looking somewhere specific for them or am I just not being sent any?

Where do I get the one that's mentioned above?

Thanks!

You only fail when you don't try!
Message 17 of 26
latest reply

have you tried clicking on "Activate Offer" in the link in OP's post?

Message 18 of 26
latest reply

Yes offer said till April 25th but showing April 1st in sellers hub. Wish it was Apr 25th cause April 1st is not that far away. Not that I can use 50,000 LOL but a few extra would be very nice.

Message 19 of 26
latest reply

Whoops - should have read the whole thread first. Got so excited when it worked lol  This is the first promo I have had for free listings since we had to start listing in Canadian dollars on .ca & that is quite a while ago.

Message 20 of 26
latest reply