GTC is now live on .com

Just listed some items using TL and found that all were changed to GTC as I uploaded my listings. I list primarily on .com on both my IDs. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. It will be extra work for a while until I get used to it as I have never used GTC before. Sure hope the buyers like it!

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: GTC is now live on .com

Personally, if I had 100 items ready to run, I'd be running all 100 all the time because people might want 1 from the first 50 and one from the 2nd 50, and I believe the more views/sales etc you get, the the more visibility you get for the rest.
(of course I'm biased because I've always used GTC).

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

It works really well if you have a store. Or if you are willing to pay extra for each relist, which I'm not. My ratio of sales versus the items not selling is not high enough. I only want to use the free 50 on .ca and 50 on .com

I might be willing to open my store again if a new level was available (less costly than the $25 + tax per month). Unfortunately, it's not here yet. 😞

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

@pocomocomputing 

I would suggest to use the GTC as intended but end it at the end of 2 relists at day 89. Or 3 relists at day 119.

The point of the GTC is claimed to be that Google and other search programs will find unsold items after a month or so, but not within days, if the listing number doesn't change.

If that is going to work, then closing on Day 29, not only loses the eBay Searches which includes About To Close*, but also the larger audience searching outside of eBay.

For dotCOM sellers, the new 'mini-store' might help with the numbers. This is not (yet?) available on dotCA.

*I think those are About To Close and Best Match.

Message 23 of 23
latest reply