HAS ANYONE SEEN THE NEW "VIEW PURCHASED ITEM" PAGE AFTER YOU SOLD SOMETHING?

Check out the new "VIEW PURCHASED ITEM" page after you sell something and want to print a copy for your sales records. What a MESS... and eBay thinks this is an improvement!

They once again change something that did not need to be changed, yet "SAME DAY SHIPPING" still displays on my listings on eBay.CA and eBay.COM. 

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

IDK of that...I use Seller Hub and have the "Orders" section with all the options and can go to a "Manage all orders" page which have had for awhile now...

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

Whenever I have a sale I click on the item to manage the sale (See Below). I click on "view purchased item" to print a copy for my sales records... 

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

Using Seller Hub, I don't experience what you are referencing as "VIEW PURCHASED ITEM"...maybe it's different for store owners...I don't have an eBay store...

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

I do not have a store, and I can see it. You have to click on the title of your item, it will bring you to the page and then you will see the option at the top.

That being said, I do not think it is a mess... ? I even wish we still had the option to see this page as a buyer. Unfortunately, the workaround is not working anymore.

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

are you using Seller Hub? I don't see any of that...

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

"That being said, I do not think it is a mess... ?"

It's a sloppy mess and there's not even a sale date on it... very poorly thought out as usual! 

The old page was refined, professional and much cleaner looking.... 

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

@silverpinups wrote:
... "SAME DAY SHIPPING" still displays on my listings on eBay.CA and eBay.COM. 

I checked one of your listings.

Item 274354765977 (Adele Mara cowgirl), I looked on both eBay.CA and eBay.COM for each country the Shipping section allows to be selected.

Most countries (13 of 17) had a specific Delivery time given when selected. Same Day Shipping problem does not show up for them.

Countries (Bermuda, Canada, Greenland, Iceland) that had a Delivery time of "Varies for items shipped from an international location" also had Same day shipping displayed.

This was true when viewed on both eBay.COM and eBay.CA

The real problem is why the Delivery time is not producing a proper time estimate.

The code displaying Same day shipping is probably getting bad data for the same reason and not handling it well. GIGO (garbage in, garbage out).

My observations so far:

* International sellers listing on ebay.COM and shipping from outside the USA.

* Flat rate shipping.

* occurs when viewed on .CA and .COM (other sites not checked)

* Same day shipping display error only happens when Delivery time can not be estimated.

tyler@ebay 

Canada selected on ebay.caCanada selected on ebay.ca

Canada selected on ebay.comCanada selected on ebay.com

Denmark selected on ebay.CADenmark selected on ebay.CA

Denmark selected on ebay.COMDenmark selected on ebay.COM

I've been puzzling out computer problems for 50 years (when programs were punched on cards with a wait time of days to get your printout to see if it worked properly).

-..-

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

The real problem is why the Delivery time is not producing a proper time estimate.

Although the same day shipping glitch is fairly new, delivery time for international standard to Canada and some other locations hasn't had a delivery time for as long as I can remember.  You are right though, it does look as if the two problems are associated in some way.

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Well I learned something new today, never during all the time I've been selling here have I stumbled across this "View purchased item" page. I must admit I don't see the purpose of printing the info provided there though ... what is the purpose of printing and saving a thumbnail image and item specifics? To save time if you find another to list?

The sale date was there when I looked at my orders, just above the sale price.
Message 10 of 22
latest reply

"I must admit I don't see the purpose of printing the info provided there though ... what is the purpose of printing and saving a thumbnail image and item specifics?"

Because it's the way I do my accounting. I print off the page without the listing summary, seller's description and listing images.

I then print off my PayPal summary for my monthly sales and individual sales within that month (ie; April 1-30/20) and match them with the sold eBay items or website sales. I also print off all my purchases on various websites so I can determine the profit margin of each individual sale.

I like having a face on the invoice to be able to match it to the purchased invoice. When you sell 12-15 high valued Marilyn Monroe photos in a year it's good to have it for reference purposes...

I actually looked at the updated page on Google Chrome and it looks much cleaner then the Internet Explorer view.... There is still "no" sale date.    

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

@silverpinups wrote:

"I must admit I don't see the purpose of printing the info provided there though ... what is the purpose of printing and saving a thumbnail image and item specifics?"

Because it's the way I do my accounting. I print off the page without the listing summary, seller's description and listing images.

I then print off my PayPal summary for my monthly sales and individual sales within that month (ie; April 1-30/20) and match them with the sold eBay items or website sales. I also print off all my purchases on various websites so I can determine the profit margin of each individual sale.

I like having a face on the invoice to be able to match it to the purchased invoice. When you sell 12-15 high valued Marilyn Monroe photos in a year it's good to have it for reference purposes...

I actually looked at the updated page on Google Chrome and it looks much cleaner then the Internet Explorer view.... There is still "no" sale date.    

It wouldn't surprise me to find 10 different sellers employing 10 different methods of keeping records ...  everyone has their own ways.

Sale date is shown using the Edge browser on Android. Maybe the Windows desktop version would show it too.

Edge browser on Android tablet.

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

"It wouldn't surprise me to find 10 different sellers employing 10 different methods of keeping records ...  everyone has their own ways.

Sale date is shown using the Edge browser on Android. Maybe the Windows desktop version would show it too".

My method of accounting is a little old fashioned (I am constantly printing and using numerous binders) . My accountant does all the spread sheets from my accounting summaries...

I hope eBay fixes the desktop view as there is no date on any browser....

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

My observations so far:

* International sellers listing on ebay.COM and shipping from outside the USA.

* Flat rate shipping.

* occurs when viewed on .CA and .COM (other sites not checked)

* Same day shipping display error only happens when Delivery time can not be estimated.

While doing some random search to see if it happened on every USD sales from Canadian sellers, I found two listings from the same seller. One exhibited the issue, but not the other one.  See items 153936332187 and 153936326520. What's the main difference? Shipping service. First one uses "Standard International Shipping" and gives no estimation, the other one (which is working) is using "USPS Priority Mail International" and do give an estimated delivery time.

Looks like your observations are quite right.

That's odd the Shipping Policies gives an estimate for every available service, but these information are not transferred to the listing in some cases.

You should get paid by eBay for tracking their bugs!

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

@silverpinups wrote:

I see the date on my end... under the "Item Condition" line. I use Firefox.

Title
lady.stark (645)
Item Condition   Used
Sale Date              May 16, 2020
Quantity                1
Price                      US $ (approx. C $)
Message 15 of 22
latest reply

@mrdutch1001 wrote:

are you using Seller Hub? I don't see any of that...

Yes. In the "Orders" tab, click on a title. You will then see the option to "View purchased item".

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

tyler@ebay 

Thumbs up for tracking down this problem, ran across this today. If you have free shipping offers enabled over a given value you'll also get hit with this same day shipping bug as the delivery time for promotional shipping services has no min and max value. Hopefully this gets fixed promptly as it just cost me a sizeable order.

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

Absolutely infuriating. One day the date of purchase is not there, the next day it is there, next day it is gone again. And then today, the page is totally blank. BLANK. WTH

I chatted with an ebay rep. They are clueless. She had no idea what the "view purchased item" page is. How do you work for ebay and not know the site. She kept trying to get me to go to the history page. NO NO NO. I want to print my item. All formatted. No headers, no footers, no ads. NO JUNK. I've been on ebay for 17 years. I have every item I ever purchased printed and filed. If I need to know what I purchased 10 years ago, I have it. Ebay is not keeping this information. Paypal is not keeping this information. I am. I'm done venting. Thanks.

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

"Absolutely infuriating. One day the date of purchase is not there, the next day it is there, next day it is gone again. And then today, the page is totally blank. BLANK. WTH"

I agree. I reprinted some of my sales on Saturday because they now had the sales date on them. I get a sale on Sunday and the sales date has disappeared again... very frustrating!   

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

My eBay auctions are displaying properly in FF, Chrome  but when i look at them in microsoft edge they appear to be in a scrollable frame. Anybody know why this would be ?

Message 20 of 22
latest reply