HAS PAYPAL SHIPPING COMPLETELY CRASHED?

I know there have been problems with Light Pocket USA vanishing and a new requirement to log into your Canada Post account if you have one but I did all that, completed all my forms (customs and phone number for recipient double-checked) and I still got shunted with no explanation. Has anyone figured out what the actual heck is going on?

Screen Shot 2017-05-21 at 1.59.00 PM.png

Like every other seller, I don't have time to sit around and pick my teeth with a ballpoint pen while I wait for some nerd at paypal or Canada Post or Pitney Bowes to realize their 'new and improved' interface has fatal flaws.

I'm packing this and taking it directly to my nearest postal counter to ship it. When I get back, I'm going to call paypal and demand a credit to my account for the money they've wasted by denying my ability to print online with my ebay discount. I suggest everyone affected make the same request so that, when paypal or Pitney Bowes starts losing money, they might sit up and notice they've messed something up for us measly peons who depend on them.

Message 1 of 57
latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

Re: HAS PAYPAL SHIPPING COMPLETELY CRASHED?

@mjwl2006 wrote:

I was able to generate a label today on Ship Snap. 

It was relatively painless to use.

I'd appreciate it more if I'd found the option to include a Packing Slip and use my paypal balance instead of having to hike the balance of my credit card. 

Are you saying those options do exist?  Do you know now how/where to find them on the Snap Ship platform?  I'd like to pay with Paypal too if I have to use Snap Ship. 

Message 41 of 57
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

@mjwl2006 wrote:

I was able to generate a label today on Ship Snap. 

It was relatively painless to use.

I'd appreciate it more if I had ... the option to include a Packing Slip and use my paypal balance instead of having to hike the balance of my credit card. 

Are you saying those options do exist?  Do you know now how/where to find them on the Snap Ship platform?  I'd like to pay with Paypal too if I have to use Snap Ship. 

Those options currently DO NOT exist for Snap Ship -- they DO exist for paypal (when it works).

Message 42 of 57
latest reply

@qottie wrote:
Yes, I understand you rose-dee. I will pass the points on to PayPal as part of the investigation & hopefully resolution. Thanks.

There was no need for them to fix something that wasn't broken in the first place.

Message 43 of 57
latest reply

qottie
Community Member

All,

PayPal released a fix to the shipping labels flow was earlier this afternoon, and we think that the service should be back to normal.

Specifically, when eBay sellers choose "Print Shipping Label" on My eBay, and enter the label printing flow on PayPal:

• sellers should no longer be asked to register or connect their Canada Post account before printing a label
  • "eBay-negotiated" Canada Post rates and services (including Light Packet for US / International destinations) should be showing up again as options for label printing

Please do not hesitate to reach out if you are still having issues with printing labels.  We will continue to work with PayPal to resolve any outstanding issues that arise.  Thanks for your patience as we worked with PayPal to resolve the issues.

Message 44 of 57
latest reply

I'm completely unable to print Canada Post ship labels through eBay today.  I need to get labels printed and tracking numbers uploaded for Monday morning.  Paypal is aware of the issue (Errorcode 60017) but have no ETA for a fix.  

Has anyone found a workaround?!

Message 45 of 57
latest reply

I just printed a "tracked packet" but now I'm getting an error when I try to print a small packet "Unable to print. Please provide a valid export reason". Never seen this message in 15 years. Did everything the same as usual but won't print.

Message 46 of 57
latest reply

Message 47 of 57
latest reply

I've never seen that either. Did you have the reason for export filled out...sale of goods, merchandise etc.?

Are you starting the shipping label at eBay rather than starting at PP?  I have no idea if that will make a difference in this situation.

If all else fails and you don't mind paying with a credit card and you have a Canada Post venture one/ small business number, you can useCanada Post's snapship.com which does have discounts for some services.

Message 48 of 57
latest reply

I finally found a workaround:  from ebay.ca (not .com), choose 'print shipping label; when it takes you to Paypal, you can switch to classic view. From there I was able to print shipping.  From Paypal itself, classic view is no longer available.  

Message 49 of 57
latest reply

That didn't work for me either!  ;(

Message 50 of 57
latest reply

@luxe.labels wrote:

I finally found a workaround:  from ebay.ca (not .com), choose 'print shipping label; when it takes you to Paypal, you can switch to classic view. From there I was able to print shipping.  From Paypal itself, classic view is no longer available.  

If the label is an eBay sale you should always print starting from eBay, especially when you are using a shipping service with tracking.  Those services have a higher discount through eBay than directly through PayPal.

Message 51 of 57
latest reply

Huh.  I never noticed that.  I don't do a lot of Canadian shipping but I will definitely check next time.  Thanks for the heads up.

Message 52 of 57
latest reply

That isn't for just Canadian sales, the eBay discount  is higher for US and international tracked services than when going directly through PP.

Message 53 of 57
latest reply

PayPal shipping still not working this morning. Light Packet has gone, even at the Post Office, A real pain with PayPal shipping lately. Trying to print a shipping label to US, getting error code 60017?
Message 54 of 57
latest reply

Although I do not know the status of PayPal shipping for today, I do know that it was working just fine for me Sunday evening when I printed a Tracked Packet label.

Message 55 of 57
latest reply

ZOMBIE POST FROM JUNE 2017

The problem with zombie posts is that the information and advice may be out of date and incorrect.

@happy_pigeon

Message 56 of 57
latest reply

Light Packet is no longer a Canada Post service.

There have been some changes to packet services which make this a little easier.

Paypal no longer sells shipping labels, exactly.

Shippo is now the eBay shipping service.

You will need a Small Business Solutions number to get either Shippo or Canada Post discounts. It's free online or at the PO.

Message 57 of 57
latest reply