Has anyone actually been given access to the UPS labels in their Ebay shipping since being announced

Just wondering if any other sellers have been given access to UPS labels within their ebay shipping yet?

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Has anyone actually been given access to the UPS labels in their Ebay shipping since being annou

byto253
Community Member

I shipped 2 items to the US with UPS in mid-November - bought the labels through .ca.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Re: Has anyone actually been given access to the UPS labels in their Ebay shipping since being annou

Hmm I dont even see it as an option when I go to create a label. I'm wondering if its because im using calculated shipping on my listings but it should atleast still show up as an option? I know they said it was a staggered rollout so some sellers would get it before others. 

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

@ecovendor 

It was supposed to be a gradual rollout. Sellers should get an invite to enroll. According to a quick a test with the generic calculator I am still not showing access to UPS discounted rates. And from speaking to another seller that had been enrolled it only gave you access to UPS for shipping in Canada. Similar to Fedex. When you click on the discounted rates you see this display.

https://www.ebay.ca/shp/Calculator

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1701927008936.png

The ebay announcement shows this is possibly a glitch they have not caught with the calculator.

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Announcements/UPS-shipping-is-rolling-out-on-eBay-Labels/ba-p/501183

lotzofuniquegoodies_2-1701927244075.png

Have you turned on show discounted rates in settings?

https://www.ebay.ca/ship/prf

-Lotz

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Yes! When I had problems generating a CP/USPS label on Monday, I eventually had a rep ask me to try the UPS option if available, and it was. They refunded me the difference in shipping , since the Canada Post label was half the price.

I wasn't invited. It was just there.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Nope.  No email notification either to state that I have access.  Waiting a month for this rollout seems odd.  I have my discounted rates tuned on for shipping as well.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Been using it since November 1, there wasnt any sign up it was just added to the shipping options. Having a secondary carrier with comparable or better pricing is a welcome upgrade.  

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

@valuestore wrote:

Been using it since November 1, there wasnt any sign up it was just added to the shipping options. Having a secondary carrier with comparable or better pricing is a welcome upgrade.  

@valuestore 

devon@ebay  Can you confirm everything is working properly with the eBay Calculator please?

Are you able to use UPS for your shipments to the USA? I still don't have access but when I test using FEDEX the option is locked for eBay and instore rates? Hoping it isn't the same issue for UPS when it becomes available for everyone.

-Lotz

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

My other 2 stores now have UPS available. One got it sometime yesterday and one I think this morning. Today I got an email for all three stores saying they were now enrolled (the other has had it for a while now).

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@valuestore wrote:

@valuestore 

devon@ebay  Can you confirm everything is working properly with the eBay Calculator please?

Are you able to use UPS for your shipments to the USA? I still don't have access but when I test using FEDEX the option is locked for eBay and instore rates? Hoping it isn't the same issue for UPS when it becomes available for everyone.

-Lotz

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! Just wanted to see if yourself or others are still running into this issue? 

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

devon@ebay wrote:

@valuestore wrote:

@valuestore 

-Lotz

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! Just wanted to see if yourself or others are still running into this issue? 

devon@ebay 

Just rebooted and cleared cookies. UPS is still not available with the eBay TEST calculator for shipping. Fedex shows but is inactive for US shipping. There is still no option when using the the calculator to test per zip code. (Only choice is International...>USA)Rates can vary with Expedited/Xpresspost to USA for anyone that wanted to still use Flat Rate. Tracked/Small Packet Air are NOT zip code based. 

And for a recently created listing, UPS is not available as a shipping option.

-Lotz

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

devon@ebay wrote:

@valuestore wrote:

@valuestore 

-Lotz

devon@ebay 

Just rebooted and cleared cookies. UPS is still not available with the eBay TEST calculator for shipping. Fedex shows but is inactive for US shipping. There is still no option when using the the calculator to test per zip code. (Only choice is International...>USA)Rates can vary with Expedited/Xpresspost to USA for anyone that wanted to still use Flat Rate. Tracked/Small Packet Air are NOT zip code based. 

And for a recently created listing, UPS is not available as a shipping option.

-Lotz

@lotzofuniquegoodies Thank you for the information. Let me have the Shipping team dig into this and get some insight. 

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

I had the UPS option show up 3 days before they announced it lol guess I got lucky.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

devon@ebay wrote:

@valuestore wrote:

@valuestore 

-Lotz

UPS is now available to add to my listings. Option is still missing on ca calculator. Fedex is there but not activated for confirming rates/options to USA/Internationally. (Working for Canada). USPS/UPS/Fedex are all available/accessible with the dot com calculator.

https://www.ebay.com/shp/Calculator

Do US sellers only have access to basic discounts when shipping internationally? Unsure how those calculator rates compare to eIS?  Even when you compare transit times with shipping from Canada our services arrive in 1/3rd the time(quicker/cheaper). From a Canadian perspective it does not appear that US sellers are getting good value when it comes to shipping international options. Many other Canadian buyers that frequent this board have made similar observations and no longer feel it's really worth it to buy from US sellers.

-Lotz

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

I personally only use fixed price cp tracked packet for the usa, price doesnt vary enough to use the calculator.  Opinions may vary but I figure why put a complex obstacle that requires connecting to third party site between you and customer. With fixed they just pay, then any label stuff is on the sellers time.  UPS standard to the USA I dont think brokerage is included in the price, correct me if im wrong.

Message 15 of 18
latest reply

@valuestore wrote:

I personally only use fixed price cp tracked packet for the usa, price doesnt vary enough to use the calculator.  Opinions may vary but I figure why put a complex obstacle that requires connecting to third party site between you and customer. With fixed they just pay, then any label stuff is on the sellers time.  UPS standard to the USA I dont think brokerage is included in the price, correct me if im wrong.

@valuestore 

It's a waiting game to find out what happens Jan 1 with the tracked promo. My listings all currently have SPA, Tracked and Expedited when it's worth it to have as an option. Level 4 makes a major difference when you compare to Level 1. I will never use UPS but I do agree it's valuable for sellers it works for and is convenient. Free/discounted home pickup with be an awesome perk for many sellers. To get that you have to be shipping in volume. I think we should have the option to turn on or off the discounts as we see fit....Like sellers in the USA have access to. Some sellers may have a better discount with UPS but maybe not use with eBay Labels. 

As a sidenote it appears Canadian sellers only have access to UPS standard vs the variety that are actually  available. 

Canada

lotzofuniquegoodies_1-1702594354086.png

USA

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1702594242857.png

-Lotz

Re: Customs processing I believe it is only applicable on shipments valued 800 USD. Never was daring enough to test myself and take the chance. I know with Fedex brokerage is included with premium services like overnight air. 

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

chicweb
Community Member

I received an email, a few days ago, saying It was enabled on my account. It was in the shipping label section, it was not in the Calculated Shipping configuration.

I see now that we can add the UPS Standard shipping in the Calculated shipping tools to offer to our customers.

Very neat 🙂

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

@flipistics wrote:

My other 2 stores now have UPS available. One got it sometime yesterday and one I think this morning. Today I got an email for all three stores saying they were now enrolled (the other has had it for a while now).

As an FYI anyone using UPS/Fedex/CP Expedited to USA with Flat Rate please note, rates will vary depending on distance. It's not a 1 amount fits everywhere the same. When eBay designed their calculator they did not include a field for a zip code to the USA. The CP rates for small packet air and tracked to the USA should always be the same. (Not taking into affect fuel surcharges)

devon@ebay Note: The eBay calculator is still not fully functional for Canadian sellers. 

-Lotz

Message 18 of 18
latest reply