Help needed with the new EASY!! List similar listing

I have been trying to do a "list similar" listing. All my descriptions are in HTML (hundreds of them) and I can't find a way to insert them and then change to regular font. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

I'm not sure if it's the same since I do one at a time (I don't have that many listings), but I used the "advanced editing" on the right side they have font size and font type there. I'm not sure if they have that advanced editing where you are working from. I haven't however tried the new listing tool that I've seen many negatives about it here, so I'm going to wait until I have no choice. Good luck, I hope someone can help if they've tried it.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I can't  see where I can opt out of it.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

I also do one at a time, I just have lots of saved descritpions because I sell the same items many times.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

What I seem to remember doing is cutting the html visible text (not the HTML code) and paste it in a "new email" message that I opened in email that I opened up.

That strips out all the HTML code and just leaves the words so to speak.

Then you cut the text out of the mail message and put it into the non-HTML version of the listing.

Its been a long time since I did that so I'm not 100% sure it will work as easily now....

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Found how to switch to classic, I HOPE that continues!

I have been waiting 2 years for cataract surgery delayed because of Covid and seeing some small things it getting harder.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Sorry, I just got back. I just worked on a draft now and noticed under the Item Description part there are two tabs Standard and HTML, I've only used the Standard one and on the far right of that is Advanced Editing.

I see you said you've found a way to switch back to classic, hope that worked for you!

(I know I hate small type too!)

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Found how to switch to classic, I HOPE that continues!

Please share!

Apparently, we can avoid the horrible new form by using Sell Similar to set up a template and working from that.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

I found "classic version" or similar wording top-far right.

I have just tried to sell similar, and now both times they have come up as the classic version, maybe someone at eBay is listening!

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

I think what has happened is that when I clicked to return to the classic version, I am now on it all the time and don't have to do it each time I go to sell similar.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Make templates.

And cross your toes (because it's hard to type with your fingers crossed).

Supposedly eBay will not mess with our templates.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

I don't know how to make a template.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Does the new "sell similar" listing tool no longer accept photos in *.tif format?

I get an error message.

The old list item had no problems with *.tif format.

I have had to convert to jpg. to get it to work.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply