Hey I thought folks in Turkey couldn't use PAYPAL?

But they can, Turkish buyer yesterday, registered in Turkey paid via paypal....

Will be interesting to see if it arrives, I give it a 15% chance.... likely a cookie jar insurance candidate but one never knows!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Good luck! I don't ship to Turkey ever since my buyer told me (after I shipped) that she probably wouldn't receive her item anyway - and she didn't!

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I took a quick look and I sold one item to Turkey in 2015 (to a repeat buyer) and one item in 2016 to a different buyer. They don't show on my cookie jar insurance list so I guess they got them.... time will tell on this one!
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:

But they can, Turkish buyer yesterday, registered in Turkey paid via paypal....

Will be interesting to see if it arrives, I give it a 15% chance.... likely a cookie jar insurance candidate but one never knows!

They can't open a PayPal account IN Turkey but they can open a PayPal account in another country. It takes a bit of work but it's not impossible.

There are also services that will arrange PayPal payments on behalf of Turkish buyers who can't send their own.

That still leaves the Turkish postal service and customs which are pretty poor at the best of times.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply