Hinky address, can I still acess buyer phone number

Hi seller community.  Recently sold item to new user, signed up today, based in US, address in Val Dor Quebec, on ebay and paypal has two different street addresses.  Would like to confirm which is correct before I ship.  I know sellers used toge able to request buyer phone number from ebay. Is that still a thing?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Hinky address, can I still acess buyer phone number

Either use eBay Messages to Contact the Buyer and do not ship until you have a confirmed address in eBay Messages which matches both eBay and Paypal.

OR

Cancel the transaction as Problem With Address.

I'd give the customer about 24 hours to respond- unless today (Feb 18) is a Quebec Holiday, in which case I would allow 48 since they might be a business.

Canada Post won't deliver to an address like that one, so don't bother shipping until you have it straightened out.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

By "rule" always use the PayPal address as the ship to address.  They no longer will supply you with the buyer's (or sellers) phone number.  Have you tried to Google the address(es)?   Checked Facebook?  Tried simply messaging the buyer?   Let us know.  

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

@snoopwiz wrote:

By "rule" always use the PayPal address as the ship to address.  They no longer will supply you with the buyer's (or sellers) phone number.  Have you tried to Google the address(es)?   Checked Facebook?  Tried simply messaging the buyer?   Let us know.  

I ship to the address that ebay sticks on the label.  Why would I ship to the address on Paypal if it differs?  I have a half dozen addresses on Paypal, I'd be pretty annoyed of someone shipped to a different address than the one provided to ebay when I purchased the item.

Also, I have phone numbers for all of my recent sales, so unless this buyer didn't provide a number it should be available.

Ship it to the ebay address.

Ian

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Contacted the buyer but no response.  Both addresses are businesses.  And the real crux of the issue is that there are two street addresses on BOTH ebay and paypal.

ie... Joe Blow

12121212 The Street

34343434 The Avenue

The City, The Province

The Postal Code

the postal code provided matches the first street address.  Its not a teo line address, completely different streets in the same city.

Karen

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Either use eBay Messages to Contact the Buyer and do not ship until you have a confirmed address in eBay Messages which matches both eBay and Paypal.

OR

Cancel the transaction as Problem With Address.

I'd give the customer about 24 hours to respond- unless today (Feb 18) is a Quebec Holiday, in which case I would allow 48 since they might be a business.

Canada Post won't deliver to an address like that one, so don't bother shipping until you have it straightened out.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Thanks a bunch.  Sound advice.  Nice to see you still around femmefan.  I remember your posts way back when I was a regular on the boards as nonstopchatter.  Its been a long time.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Does it happen to be a Government building?  Those can have some confusing looking addresses.

Ian

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Two different businesses i believe, one was a construction company and the other a fireplace manufacturer I think.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Do a Google Map search.

This could be one building   at the corner of an avenue and a street.  Addresses for two businesses both owned by the same person... or the one person working at both locations...

Two names,  two addresses but actually one owner of both businesses.  Both businesses may not be open at the same time....

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

I ship to the address that ebay sticks on the label.  Why would I ship to the address on PayPal if it differs?  I have a half dozen addresses on PayPal, I'd be pretty annoyed of someone shipped to a different address than the one provided to ebay when I purchased the item.

I believe I answered your question as per the info you provided. You did not mention anything about having printed out an eBay label....Enjoy your day. 

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

I wasn't the original poster.

Ian
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Perhaps I'm wrong but I think that the addresses are the same on both sites. According to the example the op provided, there are 2 lines on the street address and there is a different address on each line.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

You may see a phone number for the buyer if you click on view record or sales record in your sold history.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@ichopshop wrote:

@snoopwiz wrote:

I ship to the address that ebay sticks on the label.  Why would I ship to the address on Paypal if it differs?  I have a half dozen addresses on Paypal, I'd be pretty annoyed of someone shipped to a different address than the one provided to ebay when I purchased the item.

Also, I have phone numbers for all of my recent sales, so unless this buyer didn't provide a number it should be available.

Ship it to the ebay address.

Ian

Once the buyer has paid, it shouldn't be possible to see different addresses.  Whichever address is showing on ebay when the buyer pays is what should be passed on to paypal and which would then show in paypal.   There may be a different address on ebay before the buyer pays but the seller should always use the payment address...which should show on both sites after payment.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply