How can I prevent a blocked buyer from messaging me

Hello,

Is there a way to block messages from a buyer I added to my block list?  This USA buyer contacted me a month ago and again today after I ended a listing but have decided I don't want to deal with him so I blocked him but he is still able to message me.  I looked at my preferences and I have chosen the options to prevent a blocked buyer from contacting me and to block buyers from countries I don't ship to.  I removed USA shipping for this one listing.  This buyer knows I blocked him, so is there anything I can do or just ignore his messages?  

Another thing I don't understand, eBay won't allow me to view who is following me yet a blocked buyer knows I blocked him, doesn't make much sense to me. 

Thanks

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I am pretty sure there is a link you can clik to prevent blocked buyers from contacting you. I just can't rememvber where it is. If you take a look I am sure you should find it.

Found it - go to Seller Hub, then to Block Buyers and there is  switch you can move to prevent blocked buyers from contacting you.

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

I too have had blocked buyers contact me*, once I block a buyer I do not respond to any messages.

Generally they stop after the first non response, I don't remember any trying more than twice.

I believe they find out they are blocked if they try to add an item to their shopping cart.

As a note, depending on the tone of their note, and the reason I blocked them, I'll keep an eye out for future purchases from the same area/location under a new ID. Fortunately I've been able to identify at least some situations where they just put a different name on the same address for example and I just blocked that one too.

* I believe, but someone may correct me that a blocked buyer can still contact you if they have purchased something from you in the last 30 or 90? days.

Addendum: I just realized that I did hear from a non-buyer after I blocked them, they asked a bunch of questions, and weirdly enough  questions/repeat questions that there was a clear language barrier and/or lack of keeping track of what was going on which was bad enough that I blocked them. They must have later tried to buy something because they discovered they were blocked and asked me why. I must confess I wondered if I had been a bit too harsh but I followed my policy and did not respond, I strongly suspect I would have had problems with that transaction if I hadn't blocked them.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I am pretty sure there is a link you can clik to prevent blocked buyers from contacting you. I just can't rememvber where it is. If you take a look I am sure you should find it.

Found it - go to Seller Hub, then to Block Buyers and there is  switch you can move to prevent blocked buyers from contacting you.

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

You can't block communication from a Blocked buyer with whom you have been in a transaction. Which makes sense since you may have to deal with unfinished business with them
But you can block communication with Blocked buyer who have never purchased from you, even if the purchase ended with an Unpaid Item Dispute.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

I have an update to my story, after receiving 4 messages from the blocked buyer I thought it was over, but this morning I see 2 new messages from other IDs asking me why I don't ship to the USA, so I blocked those new IDs as well.  Not sure if it is the same person with new accounts or he got his friends to message, but this is annoying.  All three accounts are from the same city in California. I removed the listing they were asking about as it is causing me headaches.  I forgot to mention I haven't replied to any of the messages.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

my own personal experience, this doesnt work.  I had a customer who was trying to pull a scam who never bought from me but despite blocking and even calling customer service to find out why I was still getting messages from this person, he was still able send messages.  This was about 3, 4 months ago, and the most recent message I got from him was about a month ago.  Dont know how he's doing it, but what ebay told me which is everything everyone is saying here, didnt work- he's still able to send messages despite being blocked and despite never having bought anything off me.  

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

They can still send messages from your feedback page even if blocked.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Unfortunately once you have started responding once, they can continue to respond via the same message reply... even after you blocked them. But at least they won't be able to buy. 

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

This is happening to me. A customer from Mexico messaging me from two different accounts. Both look very similiar. I originally told him I only ship to USA and Canada. He then asked if i can send it to toronto to his friend and his friend would send it to him he said he would change his shipping address on ebY. I told him im not comfortable doing that and blocked him. He has messaged me 34 times since yesterday. I keep ignoring them. This is getting ridiculous
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

I decided to delist the items he was messaging me about and now he is messaging on another one of my items. Seriously what can I do? Ebay’s phone number does not work.
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

I assume you have Blocked him and opted for no communication?

As @zee-chan said, if you responded to any of his Messages, the "no communication" won't work.

Sigh.

The best you can do is keep deleting his Messages without reading them, since you recognize the ID.

Delete Delete Delete.

The Block works even if the "no communication" doesn't.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@zee-chan wrote:

Unfortunately once you have started responding once, they can continue to respond via the same message reply... even after you blocked them. But at least they won't be able to buy. 

I haven't heard that before but it's possible that it works that way.  I know that someone who has actually purchased from the seller can send messages for a certain amount of time....even if blocked .

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 13 of 13
latest reply