How many ID's do you sell under?

I have my main selling ID which does good, I set up another one also to sell CD's and have a few listed but of course it has only a few sales.  I set it up as when I was nearing my 1000 limit and wanted to get a few more of the free listings.  Now that we have 50,000 extra a month, I don't really need the other ID.  I find having another ID a little bit of a hassle, always having to check it.  I also can't do any sales on the items on that other ID or put it on vacation, not that I will be going on any in the new future.

I just wanted to know, if you sell under other ID's and what your feeling about it was?  Is it worth selling the same things under 2 ID's?

I do have a third ID but I sell sewing patterns and books under that one. 

Thanks

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

A couple of years back I setup a second selling id but have never used it to sell a thing. Last year listing promos began to appear so frequently the one id is sufficient for my needs.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I've always believed that:
-more items brings more sales
-more views brings more sales
-sales bring more sales

If one has multiple ids, one is just splitting them across the id's making each of them seem "less desirable" from the search algorithm perspective.

Please note that I say that I've always believed, I have no way of knowing.....

(PS so yes that means I have only one selling ID)
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

you are correct, new listings, does mean more sales. It brings new eyes to your existing items..

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Previously I listed only on .com. I get almost no sales to Canada.  After the USA, my #2 destination is Australia.  I thought that by listing my items on .com.au, it might boost sales.  At that time, listing fees were crazy high.  It only took a couple of auctions with listing fees of $4-5 and no sales to stop that.  

I found out that by being registered on .com.au, you get free listings, so I went through the trouble of getting registered there.

Now that I have my items listed on .com.au, the majority of the buyers there are from the USA!

Sometimes what makes sense, doesn't.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Your listing on OZ, selling to the USA, and shipping from Canada?

Woof.

I don't really need the other ID. I find having another ID a little bit of a hassle, always having to check it.

I don't check sales on my IDs. I check on my Paypal.

In any case, I get an email for each sale, although since each account has a different email address, I guess that's much the same as what you do.

Darned if I know what will happen when Managed Payments kicks in for me.

The products I list on my main selling accounts are enough different that it makes sense to have multiple accounts.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I had three eBay ids. A main business one, a personal one and a third one for another business occasionally. I used a different browser for each one (FireFox, Chrome, and Opera) all running at the same time. Easy to click and check the other ids anytime I wanted. I got used to the look and feel of each browser so I knew which eBay ID I was in easily. 

I no longer sell for a few years now. Most computers today allow two displays. I have a two display setup now. It may be easier today with a display for each eBay ID in their browser. 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

2 ID's here. The other one is a USA dot com one. Pretty soon with the stupid managed payments it will get shut down. I do not have the USA id or USA bank accounts that they are going to want. My american paypal account got shut off for the same reasons. They wanted copies of my North Dakota drivers license and USA SSN number which of course I have neither as I am Canadian.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

ONE

ONE on eBay

One on Shopify

One on a Website

All work for what I need...

Why, oh why, would one put all their eggs into a single basket!?

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Hmmm this raises a good point.

My assumption was the question of how many eBay ids do you have.

I have only one eBay (selling) id.

I use a separate eBay id for buying.

But I have other selling IDs on other (stamp) sites as well same reason as @brettjet38 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply