How to Add "Add to Cart" Option

I noticed that some sellers have the "Add to Cart" option and some don't.  I don't seem to have that on my items, I only have "Buy It NOW'.  How can I add the "Add to Cart" option?.

Thanks!

You only fail when you don't try!
Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: How to Add "Add to Cart" Option

Cart is not an option on ebay.ca

Just ebay.com  and I believe ebay.uk

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Ummm I clicked on a few sellers store and they have the "Add to Cart" option.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Someone posted a while ago that they were able to use a cart on .ca so perhaps ebay is testing it. But they decide who gets to test it...there is no way for you to opt in.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

I recall that recently on a Wed. discussion one of the eBay.ca staff mentioned that the cart facility is being slowly rolled out in Canada over the next few months.  This may be random, or may be based on certain criteria (we won't know), but apparently the cart feature will ultimately be available to all sellers on .ca -- exactly when is anybody's guess though. 

The eBay staffer who gave that information also said that the .ca cart will be designed to be compatible with .com, and will eliminate the current problems with multiple/combined orders.  Let's hope...

I doubt it will be a matter of seller choice once the cart is fully implemented, but rather it will just show up, replacing the old checkout features.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Thanks guys.  Hope they add it soon...

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

I have the shopping cart showing for me to use as a buyer on eBay.ca - although I haven't tried it, but in the last week I've had two US buyers unable to use it for combined purchases from me. Very frustrating to have to process orders individually and refund on shipping.

And now that there is this other problem with wrong shipping costs showing up on searches - which is happening on my listings - sales seem to have come to a halt anyway. 

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

I'd say "ditto" to all of the above!

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

I also have a shopping cart but on Canadian buyers can use it, that is if they also have that option and only in some parts of Canada.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

I think I figured it out!!

Under "Shipping Details" if I add an amount in "each additional", it displays the "add to cart" button for that item.

I wonder if there is an easy way to update all my listings to add an amount in "each additional", otherwise I have to do them all manually.

Thanks!!

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

You can use bulk edit. Unless I am misunderstanding what you are saying, its odd that putting an amount for each additional would make it possible to see the cart since if someone is buying 2 of the same item, it will combine without a cart.  The cart is supposed to be for when someone wants to buy a few different items from you and in order for it to work properly you would have to set up combined shipping rules under shipping preferences.

For your sky blue sweater, you have the additional shipping amount listed and it doesn't give me the option to use the cart.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Yeah, I think I am confusing myself.  What I would like to do is:

1) Allow buyers to add several items to the cart - so buy multiple items

2) Give a shipping discount if they buy multiple items

What would you guys recommend regarding "Time period for combined purchases:" 30 days seems long.

Thanks!!

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

I'd say "ditto" to all of the above!

Me too...I have the cart in my store items but no one has tried to use it yet as sales have pretty much come to a complete standstill. So much for my excitement over opening a store, lol...

Still working on getting all the key words filled out, maybe that will have some positive impact, fingers crossed!

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

"Still working on getting all the key words filled out,"

As you are reviewing and revising your listings, you may want to change some of the wording such as:

"I have 100% positive feedback. Please bid and purchase with confidence."

Unfortunately, due to a negative feedback received four months ago, that 100% claim is no longer valid.

" I do not accept E-Cheques. Please do not pay via E-Cheque."

That is against the rules and you are at risk of having your listings pulled by eBay.  If you accept PayPal, you must accept echecks, whether you like it or not (and most sellers do not like them!).

Etc... etc... etc...

My personal opinion is that your "fine print" is excessive.  Folks have no time to read that "stuff" or do not care.  They will either ignore it or hit the back button. Either way you lose.

KISS

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

The official policy about PayPal echecks:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/pay/accept-paypal.html

If you offer PayPal as a payment option on eBay (either using logos or text in the item description) you must accept all forms of PayPal payment including payments from an existing PayPal account balance, bank account transfers, and credit card payments. You can't tell eBay buyers that you will only accept specific forms of PayPal payment.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply

pjcdn2005:
Thanks. I set up my shipping preferences and I now see the add to cart.

treasure.hunter.d:
I just opened a store too and nothing much so far... but I blame it on soccer - LOL

Message 16 of 16
latest reply