I GOT PAID!!

I have 125 titles cross-listed on Amazon and today I got a payment from AZ for my item today.

It sold for $12.99 plus shipping and my payment was $11.52.

The reason this is of any interest is that the book sold on....

March 16, 2018.

And people think eBay is a bad place to sell.

SMH.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

I GOT PAID!!

It is for precisely this reason that I fear the new payment system coming to ebay. When I first looked into selling on The River, their system of payment method was the number one turn-off for me. 

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I GOT PAID!!

amcdc79
Community Member

Congratulations, that does seem like a long time to get paid. Not sure if new sellers here have to wait that long. But it is standard practice for many sites to put a hold on money, until the sellers have a track record that shows they are not scammers. 

Yes, it should be interesting, as to whether we will have to prove ourselves all over again to the new ebay payment system. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I GOT PAID!!

EBay has a Hold on payments to new, occasional, and questionable sellers of 21 days.

This is shorter for US based sellers who can prove delivery. Not for us foreign sellers though.

I might mention that this is the only sale from those 125 titles since January, and that about 1/3 of my listings are also the lowest price on the site, fwiw.

I have also closed some of those AZ listings because they sold here on eBay earlier.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I GOT PAID!!

Were you paid in USD or CAD?
Have never looked into their policies since they're snobbish about certain categories.
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I GOT PAID!!

@kawartha-ephemera wrote:
Have never looked into their policies since they're snobbish about certain categories.

A-river CA site is only Canadian dollars

A-river COM site is only USA dollars

But these days they are willing to convert (for a fee) to your country's currency when they get around to depositing.

-..-

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

I GOT PAID!!

@kawartha-ephemera wrote:

They are snobbish about a lot of things. All new sellers since 2011, must wait 1 or 2 weeks to get paid, the rest were Grandfathered in for daily disbursements.

There is no charge to transfer funds regardless of the amount, whereas PayPal has a small charge if the amount is less than $150. There is no difference in the speed the funds take to get into your account.

A few years ago when the defect system was introduced, there seemed to be an exodus of sellers to the other site. Lately they seem to be returning back to ebay.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

I GOT PAID!!

Congratulation !!!!!

Dont worry there is always hard in the beggining .I actually like it there .Even tho they are pro-customer they have an amazing system to protect the sellers from borrowers .

Good luck 

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I GOT PAID!!

@amcdc79 wrote:

There is no charge to transfer funds regardless of the amount, whereas PayPal has a small charge if the amount is less than $150. 

PayPal doesn’t charge a fee anymore even if your transfer of funds is less than $150.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

I GOT PAID!!

@amcdc79 wrote:
... There is no charge to transfer funds regardless of the amount, whereas PayPal has a small charge if the amount is less than $150. ...

That PayPal charge was removed a couple of years ago.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I GOT PAID!!

Thank you zee-chan and ypdc_dennis for letting me know. See, it is true, you learn something new everyday. I think the charge was only 50 cents, but I still waited until I was over $150 before transferring money into my account. I somehow missed that announcement, thanks again.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

I GOT PAID!!

Part of the reason we learn something new everyday is because it sometimes seems like they change something around here every day!!! laughinglaughinglaughing

Message 12 of 12
latest reply