I just halved my listing fees and it might work for you too.

absolutemarket
Community Member

I just halved my listing fees and it might work for you too.

I am based in Ireland but cs said this works on most sites now,I am not sure about Canada but worth looking into

I ship World wide and was always ticking the box for worldwide vis.

You know the box.
Well I started to not use it and my listings were till able to be seen.
So I phoned cs and was stocked to find out that if you set shipping world wide you don't need to tick the box and you don't need to pay the fee.
I was doing this for everyone of my listings for years.
I asked cs can I have all the fees back and was told it's your mistake.
If you list on ebay.co.uk and ship world wide it's default that your listings will be on ebay.com and ebay.au
I also was told by cs that's is the same for listings made on ebay.com and they will show up on ebay.co.uk as default.
So if your like me ticking that box and paying for vis worldwide STOP,IT'S FREE
And ebay will not give you back your money.
I asked cs why the box is there and they said it's for people that want to be seen worldwide but don't ship worldwide.
Who wants to be seen in an area that they don't ship to?????????,answer NO ONE.
I asked him was this the first of Jan or the first of April.
Reply was is there anything else I can help you with?
lol

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: I just halved my listing fees and it might work for you too.

Must be a UK thing. Here in the colonies, I have never ticked a box. Ticked a few folks off, maybe, but never a box. Visibility is based on shipping choices.

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

celebpixs77
Community Member

I am sorry but I just don't get it what you mean.  "Ticking the box"??

Could you please explain more.  Thanks.

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

Translation: "checking the box", sorry, I don't know which box!

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

"Ticking the box"

most likely means having exposure on another eBay site...  the same exposure as local sellers.

For Canadian sellers,  ticking UK means listings show up as if one lives in the UK.

cost   50 cents (if I remember correctly) per 30 days.

One of those things that eBay offers as an option

What OP says is be selective  of what eBay offers as options... It can be costly.

eBay provides many options that look good, but can be costly.... But are they needed.. 

Many years ago  a woman was listing and selling on eBay....  Husband took one look and saw that it was costing more than she was earning in sales...  She was checking off all of the extra options...  and losing money by doing so....

Every seller has to decide which options  are useful and which are costly  and not needed.

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am sorry I still don't get it what you are talking about?  Can you please explain the samples, so we can get it?  I don't see anyhwere we can "save" like you said. 

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

When you make a listing, and at the end of creating it, when it asks for you to submit, preview, or edit, there is a little box that says "UK Visibility". The description says that if you check off the box and pay the fee (I believe it's 50cents/30 days), you will get exposure on the UK version of ebay.

I'm assuming that's what the OP is referring to.

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

absolutemarket
Community Member

When you make a listing, and at the end of creating it, when it asks for you to submit, preview, or edit, there is a little box that says "UK Visibility". The description says that if you check off the box and pay the fee (I believe it's 50cents/30 days), you will get exposure on the UK version of ebay.

I'm assuming that's what the OP is referring to.

Yes you got it,

I posted this on a fee ebay sites and they all got it too.

I talking about as Nick said.

Don't pay for something you don't have too.

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

absolutemarket
Community Member

Yes you got it,

I posted this on a FEW ebay sites and they all got it too.

I talking about as Nick said.

Don't pay for something you don't have too.

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I see but it is for just one item on UK site, I don't see any "half fees" in that or is there?   When you link it, you still pay for 50 cents for each item, nothing "half fees". Am I missing something?

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

absolutemarket
Community Member

My fees went from 226 a Month to 110 a month with about the same sales numbers and about the same income coming in.

So as I said I halved my fees.

And yes your missing something.

It's not one item it's all items.

I was paying listing fees on all items,

I was paying worldwide vis on all listings

I was paying final fee on all listings

NOW 

I dont pay worldwide vis on all my listings.

As the fee costs for worldwide vis are a lot higher that listing fees I am making big savings on listing costs.

I hope you all get it now.

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

The OP used the option for visibility in their listings and pais the extra fee.

Two years ago, eBay introduced international site visibility (ISV) for free if you were on eBay Canada USA UK and Australia and had a shipping option for those countries.  So no need to pay for the visibility.

So the OP removed the paid option to get the free visibility by having shipping options.

So the OP was over paying and removing it saved 50%.

Since most eBay.ca sellers do not use the ISV UK paid for option in the Sell Your Item form, there is nothing to save!!!!

No magic 50% off in fees!!!!

PS The SYI form pay for ISV for the UK will show your listings at the local search level along with the UK sellers. Without it, your listings are given lower visibility and will only show if the UK buyer clicks Worldwide option in search.

When ISV based on shipping options came out 2 years ago, the UK and Australia were supposed to show eBay.ca listings at the same search as local sellers visibility.  But after 2-3 months this was stopped apparently.  So the ISV based on shipping options is there but week apparently. Preference is still given to local hone site listings. Except for eBay.ca and eBay.com USA. These sites are shown at the local level if you have shipping options.

My understanding and recollections of ISV with shipping options.

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

My fees went from 226 a Month to 110 a month with about the same sales numbers and about the same income coming in.

So as I said I halved my fees.

And yes your missing something.

It's not one item it's all items.

I was paying listing fees on all items,

I was paying worldwide vis on all listings

I was paying final fee on all listings

NOW 

I dont pay worldwide vis on all my listings.

As the fee costs for worldwide vis are a lot higher that listing fees I am making big savings on listing costs.

I hope you all get it now.

Since you list on the eBay.ie Ireland site, you were overpaying for worldwide visibility for nothing.

Most sellers here on eBay.ca do not use the International Search Visibility paid for option in the the Sell Your Item form since all it gives is the eBay UK market.

So nothing to save like you give for you on ebay.ca.

So no magic saving like you had.

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

absolutemarket
Community Member

Yes I was over paying and been ripped of by Ebay

As like me a lot of  sellers don't know that you don't neen to tick the box and pay the fee to get Visibility on other sites.

"So no magic saving like you had."

There will be if you don't know about the rule change and from what I can see on other ebay boards is that 1000s of sellers don't know about the rule change and most of them are still paying the Visibility fees.

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

Long standing issue.... nearly 2 years ive been hearing 'uk visibility' option is being phased out, redundant due to int. shipping options, yet its still available on the SYI; I know ive tried omitting it in past ( more than once) with repeatedly poor results.

Message 15 of 20
latest reply

Yes I was over paying and been ripped of by Ebay

As like me a lot of  sellers don't know that you don't need to tick the box and pay the fee to get Visibility on other sites.

"So no magic saving like you had."

There will be if you don't know about the rule change and from what I can see on other ebay boards is that 1000s of sellers don't know about the rule change and most of them are still paying the Visibility fees.

On the bay.ca forums two years ago when the ISV based on shipping was announced, it was discussed here.

As for being ripped off, how can you be ripped off when you chose the option and did not bother to keep up to date with the eBay announcements that come out months in advance.

So not ripped off by eBay. Just a mistake on your part by not keeping up with changes by ebay.

No offense intended.

Still you might have gotten some better search placement on the UK site and Europe countries by paying for the worldwide visibility.

A seller needs to review the eBay seller updates when they are announced and try and understand the impact on their listings. The forums are a good place to come and read and discuss what the announcements mean to sellers. eBay staff usually have a 1 or 2 day special forum on the changes.

At least you eventually found out and are now saving money. Your post here and elsewhere will alert more sellers who did not read the old announcements when they came out. And maybe help them save some money.

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

You were not being "ripped off" by eBay. You choose to pay for a worthless option. eBay has lots of worthless options, add-ons, upgrades that you would never pay for.

You choose, knowing better, to pay for this.

Basically yer telling us not to pay for worthless upgrades? "A nod is as good as a wink to a blind man".

eBay told me, years ago: "Ya want yer listings to be seen worldwide? A free and simple way is to put in shipping to those countries". Free and simple.

Easier visibilty? List on dot com like most Canuckistanians do.

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was told my the UK and other International buyers that they often go on eBay.com or eBay.ca to check my auctions and bid or buy my items so I don't need to "click" that box to pay fees for UK visibility.  It cost me nothing as my buyers knew where to look for my items by sign on to eBay.com or eBay.ca to check my auctions.

Yes, I am still missing something that I don't see "half" fees there.

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

The "half" fees refer to the elimination of the 50¢ charge for international visibility, thus cutting in half (approximately) what the OP was paying for inserting each listing, by leaving only the basic insertion fee to pay.

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

I think perhaps the OP didn't understand that we here on eBay.ca don't see the same listing options as he would, and that we've automatically had visibility on eBay.com for free (which to Canucks is basically 'worldwide', since that's the site I would think most buyers go to first). 

When they brought in the "UK visibility" box here, it was pretty clear on the SYI form that there was an added charge for it, so you really had to not be paying attention to get charged for it.  I for one used it sparingly, with mixed results. 

However, I can see that if there had been a box marked "worldwide" on the Irish site, it would be easy to assume that was necessary.  As 'poco'and others have said though, you really have to keep up with changing policy on this site and be on your toes to avoid unnecessary (or useless) extra listing charges.

Message 20 of 20
latest reply