I wonder when they (Ebay) will follow through on their threat

to delete my active listings, because its been about 7 weeks since they followed through on the threat to disable my ability to make new listings / edit existing ones... and a week since I got the last email threat about deletions... and I still have ZERO INTENTION TO sign up for MP. They seem to enjoy the fees they keep collecting from my items that sell and the money for those sales continues to successfully flow right into my paypal account without delay the instant the buy-it-now is executed. Had a $500 USD bicycle frame sale (well actually $800USD total, there was the extra $300USD shipping charge for the UK) on saturday morning and ebay's getting some 9% of that.

All those sellers who made a stink over deleting their own listings in protest clearly didn't need to do that as Ebay hasn't actually been any sort of hurry to follow thru on deleting listings of sellers who haven't moved to the MP system.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

In due time,you will be further restriced, in due time those listings will go "poof", and in due time all those "good" things will not be extended and in due time any sales monies will be held in limbo and eBay won't release them until they are given the banking info as required as in due time eBay will dis-allow depositing any sales monies into your PayPal account...and in due time eBay's position will be No banking info, no deposits at all anywhere = eBay will keep the funds indefinitely ...

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I'm actually glad to see that they are not quickly zapping items, because for those who do care and plan to continue selling here but are having problems migrating, it means folks won't get their items zapped whilst things are being fixed.

My most major concern by far of moving to MP was that something would happen that would zap my GTC items, something it would take me about a month and a half of full time days to fix, if I could.

Mabye they're just hoping if you make enough $500 sales you might change your mind 😉

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I grudgingly signed up for MP, and eBay had many problems connecting my bank account.

We finally got the "big" account straightened out and the nearly $1000 that had been Held by eBay (because they didn't know where to send it without the bank connection) was transferred. Whew.

Meanwhile, my listings were relisting to the Store and selling was fine.

The whole problem was the bank connection, although this was the same account Paypal had been using for years, including when eBay owned PP outright, and could refund buyers from it without my immediate permission.

The thing those who are up in arms about refunds being taken from bank accounts overlook is that PP had permission to do that.

I guess those sellers didn't realize it because their customers were happy and didn't file for refunds. Which is a Good Thing and a credit to their selling skills.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Do you have any idea what it is/was about the bank connection that’s tripping up payout transfers?

I’m starting to get the impression—rightly or wrongly—that sellers that are using newer online banks for MP are having fewer problems than those using the “big five,” particularly RBC. Are the online banks using IT that’s more compatible with MP?
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Seems like a mix to me.  I am TD and the move to MP was seemless.  Because it was a big 5 bank, I did not have to input any info, just followed a link to log in to my account, chose the account and the info was picked up from there.    So my transition experience was very smooth.   I do see where some people are having a clunky transition.   Also, I did not provide a SIN number.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@byto253 wrote:

Seems like a mix to me.  I am TD and the move to MP was seemless.  Because it was a big 5 bank, I did not have to input any info, just followed a link to log in to my account, chose the account and the info was picked up from there.    So my transition experience was very smooth.   I do see where some people are having a clunky transition.   Also, I did not provide a SIN number.

Mine was relatively smooth to Tangerine no fees account. Issues could happen with any account where there are bank fees for over the limit transactions but no problems with PayOuts. Because of draining funds in PayPal I had multiple transactions for postage that were pulled from (original) RBC at 1.50 per. With MP additional transactions can even be caused by secondary fees like listing upgrades or promoted listing fee when nothing is in cleared due to sales inconsistencies. Weekly payouts is a partial work around but not 100% perfect. Additional fees are not as bad as funds not moving when they should but are still a major unexpected nuisance. 

I've also had refunds(2) for cancelled paid transactions pulled from my bank account instead of from cleared funds. Issue in MP that they are unable to resolve.

Sounds like the SIN thing was basically all about timing. Totally hit or miss.

-Lotz

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

In due time ebay will lose my fees in perpetuity because I do NOT need this site to sell stuff. Anything that sells from remaining listings where the money does not go into my paypal account will simply not get shipped and ebay can explain to buyers why that is. I do not care about negative feedback nor seller defects when I've decided to quit selling on ebay. I also do not care to do ebay's work for them by prematurely ending the listings except in cases the items have already sold elsewhere. 90% of my sales are not via ebay.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Fully understand...

I chose not to continue with eBay, thereby not putting myself or any buyers in jeopardy of incompletion of transactions as I want no part of this MP mess...

I don't need eBay as I have another site  on which I sell, albeit it may not have the traffic that eBay has, but it's 1000xs more enjoyable than eBay; way less stressful and my fees there are about 1/3 of the cost of eBay...

There IS life after & beyond eBay...

Message 9 of 9
latest reply