If a buyer changes a neutral feedback to a positive does the defect go away?

Had a repeat buyer leave a neutral along with the positives. Not sure why yet, I'll try to catch up to them to try to find that out. 

My question, I think I saw somewhere that even if they change it to a positive the defect remains anyway?

If anyone has experienced this and knows, I'd appreciate knowing!

Have a great weekend!!!

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

I do not know answer, but am fed up with all the BS EBay road blocks sellers with their rules that are aimed to make small sellers obsolete.   Scare aware sellers you will also scare them away as buyers.

Message 2 of 26
latest reply

I looked at that sale, noticed high value could that have been reason? The description seems a little off even as a non collector. does high values mean original counter price?
Message 3 of 26
latest reply

Hi Sportster! Your point is right on, adjectives mean many different things to different people. My definition of high values is high catalogue values (ie better stamps). I've sold 100s of these decade packs over the years, I think this is the first time I've got a complaint on one.

Other lots were purchased by the buyer that didn't receive feedback so it is possible the neutral is not for this specific lot. Hopefully the buyer answers and lets me fix it.

Certainly if those words are the ones that caused the problem, I'll adjust the wording for the lots going forward, that is my normal practice when I have interpretation problems for my wordings.

An excellent example of that is that I was saying "nice copies" in the titles as in "a nice example" of these stamps - unfortunately the word "copies" was interpreted by folks overseas as "reproductions", I had lots of troubles that I did not understand until I had the revelation that they were misinterpreting what "copies" meant...avoiding that word now!!!
Message 4 of 26
latest reply

I had a situation that sounds very much like yours from a newbie buyer. I got the feedback changed, but defect remains. Haven't tried calling CS as I have zero patience for waiting on telephone. Al 

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

Hi

You have probably been selling a lot longer than I have been collecting but I will thow in my 2 cents worth.

Hi value to me means original denomination or price at Post Office IE $1, $5, $10, etc but to some it may mean high denomination.

Hi catalog value should be stated as such with the word catalog as well as which catalog. I am sure you also did not value each stamp with the catalog.

This can leave a lot of confusion with new collectors or buyers and problems for you as a seller. I know these types of descriptions are enticing and meant to draw interest but are also dangerous for you as a seller.

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

Hi Photo! You're one away from the next star, way to go!!!

Regarding the defect being undone, it sticking is what I figured would happen, and to get rid of it I'd have to call it in.

I seem to be collecting "defects" for a variety of reasons in the last couple weeks, so I'll have to decide if I want to invest the time to fix it, on the assumption I can even get the feedback revised of course!
Message 7 of 26
latest reply

Hi Dutchman! THX for your comments as well which are appreciated! Hopefully the buyer responds and I can clear things up.

Over the years I've reduced/adjusted the marketing wording as I've gotten feedback, comments etc from actual/potential buyers.

Based on what I know of other buyers, it is probably only 50/50 the description was even read. I suspect most people are just looking at the pictures anymore anyway.

My normal practice in situations like this is to stick with the tried and true wordings until it is clear that the current wording is generally confusing people, ie multiple questions/problems for the same description, because over the course of time I've realized no matter what words I pick, different folks will interpret them different ways.

It will be interesting to see how it works out.....
Message 8 of 26
latest reply

"buyers only look at the pictures"

I had a buyer last year complain because I sent him a blue stamp instead of the pink one he'd bought. (I did send the wrong stamp) I thought about sending him a pink stamp, but the wrong one to see if he'd notice. This was obviously pre-defect. I'd probably get a defect now for even thinking that way.
Message 9 of 26
latest reply

Hi Photo, I had a tagging error stamp that I took the picture under ultraviolet light to show the tagging error (was #593 8c queen) which blued the stamp, buyer sent it back because the stamp didn't match the pictures....sigh.... that was last Januaryish, this time of year always seems to be worse, frustrated people with all the Xmas bills or something.... I hope feedback #1000 comes soon!

Self inflicted defects are always frustrating, had a picturing issue where there was a double set of pictures, one set was correct, other set was for the one before that sold - noticed after it was in the mail. Sent a note to buyer to advise before they got it and to let me know what I can do to fix, no word back on that yet either.....sigh......
Message 10 of 26
latest reply

Wait a week before you call in. It is supposed to be automatically removed but it may take a few days.

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

".. I hope feedback #1000 comes soon!"

I was kinda hoping a piece of chocolate cake would come with the red star.
Message 12 of 26
latest reply

Photo: Acknowledgement from your peers is about as much as you can hope for!
Message 13 of 26
latest reply

Hi Pj! This is good to know, now all I need to do is make some progress with the buyer!
Message 14 of 26
latest reply

Buyer has revised the feedback to positive. Turns out it was just a mistake there was no issue with the lot.

It just showed up on my reporting today. As PJ suggests I'll wait a week to see if it goes away on its own. My suspicion is that it will go away on the 20th when they do the reporting, hopefully I'm saved having to call it in!

Stay tuned!
Message 15 of 26
latest reply

Yes Canada #158, the 50 cent Bluenose, has a high catalogue value but

Canada #159, the $1 Parliament, is the high value of the set.

The Parliament also catalogues higher than the Bluenose, but at retail Bluenoses move faster.

We have several Bluenoses in our current Sparks auction catalogue and one Parliament, from about $350 to about $900 but those prices are based on Unitrade.

Message 16 of 26
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

Yes Canada #158, the 50 cent Bluenose, has a high catalogue value but

Canada #159, the $1 Parliament, is the high value of the set.

The Parliament also catalogues higher than the Bluenose, but at retail Bluenoses move faster.

We have several Bluenoses in our current Sparks auction catalogue and one Parliament, from about $350 to about $900 but those prices are based on Unitrade.

That made for fun reading, but it's all "geek" to me (stamp-people geek talk of course). Woman LOL

Message 17 of 26
latest reply

Oh 'ricarmic', I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you were right in your recall that nasty eBay will not remove the defect even if the buyer revises negative/neutral FB to a positive.  

Here's the relevant section (from the Spring Seller Update 2014), with what I consider their rather lame rationale for leaving the defect -- doesn't everyone make a mistake now and then, or even hit the wrong button?

"What if I ask my buyer to revise negative or neutral feedback and the buyer agrees, will that transaction still count toward my defect rate?

If your buyer revises the feedback, the revised feedback will not be shown to other buyers but the transaction will count toward your defect rate. eBay research shows that even when agreeing to revise negative or neutral feedback, the mere act of having left the feedback is still a key predictor of reduced spending."

Well, my response to "the mere act of having left the feedback is still a key predictor of reduced spending" is HORSEFEATHERS!  I give eBay a defect for this kind of one-track thinking. Robot tongue

Message 18 of 26
latest reply

Hi Rose! Arghhhh. My WW defect rate has doubled to 1.48% in the last week, some are my fault, several are not. I'll hold my fingers that the magic removal process will zap a couple in a couple days reporting time.

I have decided to put registered/equivalent shipping prices to China and Brazil as those countries are the worst for actual (ie lost) or premature (where's my item) losses... to try to stem the "defect tide" I seem to be in at the moment!
Message 19 of 26
latest reply

Some of the information on that update has been changed.

I posted a thread a few days ago about this being changed.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/defect-removal.html

Automatically Removed

Feedback that's revised by the buyer from negative to positive

Message 20 of 26
latest reply