Interesting visibility still while store is on "time away"

Hmm I was checking google finance moments ago and up pops an eBay ad, that has one of my items in the group of 4 items in the ad. This in and of itself isn't odd, however my store is currently on time away with items hidden from view.

For fun I clicked on it to see what happened and it does display the item, with notation that the item is not available until the return date, so someone can't buy it, but it does mean that whilst we are away, at least in some places we're still being marketed.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I often use the "Time Away" feature(although, I don't have an eBay store and I do not use Promoted Listings) but have never checked/searched so don't have any knowledge and/or experience as to the visibility or "Marketing" outside of eBay for those "Time Away" listings...

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

When I use Time Away I still get a few page views, I assume they come from outside links and from Watchers.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:

Hmm I was checking google finance moments ago and up pops an eBay ad, that has one of my items in the group of 4 items in the ad. This in and of itself isn't odd, however my store is currently on time away with items hidden from view.

For fun I clicked on it to see what happened and it does display the item, with notation that the item is not available until the return date, so someone can't buy it, but it does mean that whilst we are away, at least in some places we're still being marketed.

@ricarmic 

My info is correct but when checking another seller that I am aware of, they show one number for listings (shipping to Canada) on dot ca (499). When you check the same store on dot com it only shows 490 (shipping to Canada. Matching results shipping to USA. In actuality according to their sellers hub they should have 517 total available listings.

Listings do seem to get hidden for assortment of "who knows why" reasons as many others have reported. Reviewing reports gave them no reason for the difference.

Like finding more results when you search Google vs eBay using the matching search words. They suddenly become visible (in eBay) when you click on a promoted version. 

-Lotz

Message 4 of 4
latest reply