Invoices Problems CAD and USD

I have listings on .ca and .com. Yesterday some one from the U.S. bought cards on .ca for 99 cents each but it shows up as 73 cents CAD.  73 cents happens to be the exchange rate right now.

Today someone from Canada bought cards on .com but when i sent an invoice the system changed the already USD price to a total adding the exchange rate. One card went from $4.99 USD to $6.79 USD.

Is this just another ebay glitch or something else. This just started yesterday. Anyone else having this problem?

Thankhs.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Invoices Problems CAD and USD

Hi! YES I also experienced this, it was an invoice that I generated. Buyer purchased both $C and $US items and I quickly generated the two invoices to fix the combined shipping.

I did not notice till this morning that the $C one ($9.99 $C) showed up in the equivalent US$ amount ($7.34 $C) but still in $C on the $C invoice. I was paid based on the WRONG lower $C version on the $C invoice. 

I'll phone it in, as well, devon@ebay the order number affected is: 12-10926-08446 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

devon@ebay if you want the SR# let me know and I'll PM it to you.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Same problem twice! - Dec 10 and yesterday :

1 - European buyer bought 5 postcards - system generated on my system reduced prices matching values in US currency, reported to eBay, was told it is unique situation and I should issue the invoice with lower prices and higher shipping to match the total with proper prices.  order 21-10917-93975

2 - US buyer bought 2 cards yesterday and asked for combined invoice (orders 32182 and 32184)

The system generated reduced prices again (but matching EURO values this time) and there appeared something in German language.  

I hope Devon will see my message as well and we will be notified about correction 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I had this happen, didnt notice til now whenI read this thread. December 10th order, someone asked for invoice (which is rare as I generally direct them to just pay what the cart says as its all automated for shipping) They paid 1.98CAD vs 2.69CAD for multiple items it appears. Guess I'll reach out to ebay about it!!!!

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Good Luck!  

I can't imagine how they will discuss this with us (if they even will)...   The eBay can't use words "error" or "omission" or "mistake" (may generate instant financial claims).   

I asked the buyer of two postcards to copy/paste me eBay note on the purchase - it is important to know if our numbers correspond with theirs....  Will inform you, people, when I get it    

So far I did not issue the invoice pending buyer's reply

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

My buyer paid and I shipped the order, ebay cost me 10.17 over the 12 items with this glitch/error

The lady on phone today said she could see there was an error and passed it along to IT department, i'll follow up as ebay should owe me 10.17 as it is their error

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Yep I freaked out when I realized it happened until I figured out that it was a home made invoice because I generally don't generate invoices either. All the automagic invoicing was correct.

The support person I spoke to (did take 2 phone calls (first call IVR told me I had to go look online!!!) and 3 people to get to the right one) seemed to be aware of the problem.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:

Hi! YES I also experienced this, it was an invoice that I generated. Buyer purchased both $C and $US items and I quickly generated the two invoices to fix the combined shipping.

I did not notice till this morning that the $C one ($9.99 $C) showed up in the equivalent US$ amount ($7.34 $C) but still in $C on the $C invoice. I was paid based on the WRONG lower $C version on the $C invoice. 

I'll phone it in, as well, devon@ebay the order number affected is: 12-10926-08446 

Hi @ricarmic! Thank you for giving me some details on this and I will look into this and reach back out if I am needing more informataion. 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Good Morning, Devon!

Glad to meet you although I was "quiet" for a long time although over 23 years on eBay.

Please review my notes regarding two occurrences of this kind.   

It is very upsetting because when eBay tells me to increase the shipping cost to compensate the lower prices it goes very bad against my "combine shipping" policy which I promise to buyers.

Thanks!

Message 10 of 10
latest reply