Is anyone having problems with Canada Post Lettermail delay delivery?

Has anyone else experienced delays when using Canada Post Lettermail? Usually it takes 1-1.5 weeks to reach anywhere in Canada. I have had multiple complaints about late delivery now selling items shipping via CPL and things I have ordered via CPL are taking 2.5-3 weeks via the service. 

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Is anyone having problems with Canada Post Lettermail delay delivery?

alpaak
Community Member

Delay is putting it mildly.  Took 20 days for a small packet that was sent on Dec. 15th to go from Niagara Falls ON to Thorold ON.  It's a distance that would take me 20-25 minutes to drive.

Message 21 of 27
latest reply

Spoke and hub distribution.

Niagara Falls to Mississauga (and a truck filled with packages and letters parked out back of Gateway Terminal ) to Thorold.

In my decades of experience in mail order, 20 days is about normal for delivery anywhere in North America.  Usually faster, but nothing unusual.

Message 22 of 27
latest reply

It's funny this thread is a necro bump from 2018 when I originally posted it due to the Canada Post Strike.

Here we are in January 2021 and the same thing is happening to me AGAIN.

I have had 4 requests due to Item Not Received with Lettermail within the past 30 days.  It usually averages (4 per YEAR)

If e-bay could please at least send a mail to buyers saying there are delays with the postal service it would be SOMETHING they could do.  They always side with Buyers even if Sellers built their goddamn company.

In the e-mail cite 2 things:

1. Increased volumes due to the holiday season/reliance on online shipping and hence carrier services

2. Lack of personnel to handle the volume & new COVID19 work restrictions that make it more difficult to process the same amount of mail as usual.

That is it. Throw us a bone!

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

I always send a message to buyers when their item is shipped, but since last summer, I have added to the message to include a note about the slowdowns, delays, backlogs,etc. and to have patience through all of this... I have also extended my handling time to 4 days and use a generic shipping method which also extends the estimated delivery time frames...

thus far it has been working for me and to date have had no issues with my buyers regarding these longer delivery times...

Message 24 of 27
latest reply

@mbjtrading wrote:

That is it. Throw us a bone!

There's a big notice at the top of the eBay "help" page devoted to INRs.

https://www.ebay.ca/help/buying/returns-refunds/get-help-item-hasnt-arrived?id=4042&st=7

Deliveries may be delayed due to COVID-19. We recommend waiting a few days after the expected delivery date before contacting the seller to let them know that your item hasn’t arrived yet.

You'll find more information on other measures we’ve put in place for buyers in our COVID-19 update page.

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

@mbjtrading wrote:

Here we are in January 2021 and the same thing is happening to me AGAIN.

I have had 4 requests due to Item Not Received with Lettermail within the past 30 days.  It usually averages (4 per YEAR)

I've had 3 cases opened in the past week. Normally I'll get maybe 3 in a year.

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone - due to the length of time that has elapsed since this thread has begun I have locked it from further replies. If this is a topic that warrants further discussion please don't hesitate to start a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 27 of 27
latest reply