Is that possible to create coupon code as a seller on eBay Canada?

We are trying to included printed coupon code in our package to encourage existing customer to purchase again from us, but this option does not seem to be enabled on eBay Canada page. Does anyone know if it's possible on the .ca website or only on the .com one?

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Is that possible to create coupon code as a seller on eBay Canada?

It is not. Like pretty much every feature available on the .com the .ca has none of them its great *rolls eyes*

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

@regs43 wrote:

It is not. Like pretty much every feature available on the .com the .ca has none of them its great *rolls eyes*

@regs43 

One more feature for the collection that there seems to be a discrepancy with between the 2 sites.

Just received a best offer from a US seller on an item I was interested in. Stated the offer was good for 47 H and change. If I send a random offer to a buyer offer is good for 24 H maximum. That difference of 24 hours could make or break your buyer seeing before it expires. Doesn't seem like the playing field is really all that level.

-Lotz

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

Why don't we have those basic features too? 

If I send a random offer to a buyer offer is good for 24 H maximum

When i began selling in 2021 the offers were 48h. No idea when and why, at some point they changed to 24h 

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

I also remember 48H for offers I sent, but did notice more recently they are 24H

I would use and like for .ca to have the coupons, Volume discounts (ex - multiple items in a drop down menu price reduces the more you buy). That would level the playing field a ton to be able to maybe compete with the USA sellers that can offer that.

Markdown sales are dead in my opinion, I have noticed that over the past year or so whenever I have ran them, it did nothing to get peopke to buy stuff. Before promoted listings markdown sales seemed to get your item to the top in a best match search, now nadda lol. So hopefully coupons and volume discount arrive sometime soon,  its already been like 5 years!

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

@regs43 wrote:

I also remember 48H for offers I sent, but did notice more recently they are 24H

I would use and like for .ca to have the coupons, Volume discounts (ex - multiple items in a drop down menu price reduces the more you buy). That would level the playing field a ton to be able to maybe compete with the USA sellers that can offer that.

Markdown sales are dead in my opinion, I have noticed that over the past year or so whenever I have ran them, it did nothing to get peopke to buy stuff. Before promoted listings markdown sales seemed to get your item to the top in a best match search, now nadda lol. So hopefully coupons and volume discount arrive sometime soon,  its already been like 5 years!

devon@ebay 

@regs43 

@rocketscollectibles 

@fastforwardshop 

Any chance the above will be available for Canadian sellers too? Would be fair if they were.

-Lotz

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

Actually for the offer time. When we send an offer with best offer (probably counter offer too), it's 24h. When we send an offer as seller with 'send offer', it's 48h. I sent offers as buyer yesterday and they expired today. I sent offers as seller, checked, and offers are active for 48h to my buyers. 

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

Another reason I list on .com (as a Canadian). I also found out that a .ca buyer can log on to .com and USE a coupon. I have done it as a Buyer.
Listing on .com gets you many of the perks that US sellers have access to.

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@regs43 wrote:

devon@ebay 

@regs43 

@rocketscollectibles 

@fastforwardshop 

Any chance the above will be available for Canadian sellers too? Would be fair if they were.

-Lotz

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! Let me reach out and see if this will be available for Canadian sellers and I will let you know once I hear back. 

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

This is unfortunate.  Sending a coupon helps for repeat sales.  I am very disappointed that this feature is not available in Canada. 

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

devon@ebay wrote:

@regs43 wrote:

devon@ebay 

@regs43 

@rocketscollectibles 

@fastforwardshop 

-Lotz

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! Let me reach out and see if this will be available for Canadian sellers and I will let you know once I hear back. 

devon@ebay  Were you able to get any follow up on this feature (sending coupons) and when it will be arriving on Canadian sellers doorsteps? This post goes back to May.

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

I was (unofficially) told that coupons aren't happening. It was hinted that it had something to do with laws in one of the provinces.

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

@flipistics wrote:

I was (unofficially) told that coupons aren't happening. It was hinted that it had something to do with laws in one of the provinces.

@flipistics 

eBay has mentioned a few times recently about "keeping a level playing field". Doesn't seem to be happening from a Canadian perspective. Curious to know if eBay Canada has ever gotten a new feature first or if that would like finding a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow?

-Lotz

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

devon@ebay wrote:

@regs43 wrote:

devon@ebay 

@regs43 

@rocketscollectibles 

@fastforwardshop 

-Lotz

devon@ebay  Were you able to get any follow up on this feature (sending coupons) and when it will be arriving on Canadian sellers doorsteps? This post goes back to May.

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

@lotzofuniquegoodies There is not much that I can share on this as of now but what I can say that the team is looking into several features to hopefully implement soon! 

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

Does anyone know if it's possible to set up DIFFERENT items of the same value with different eBay item numbers as

"Buy Two Get The 3rd Free"   ?

I think it might help by keeping the shipping cost low on slow moving low value items.  Then they could be sold off in Lots with no need to be grouped, re-photographed & relisted.

Message 15 of 21
latest reply

@intimewithmusic wrote:

Does anyone know if it's possible to set up DIFFERENT items of the same value with different eBay item numbers as

I think it might help by keeping the shipping cost low on slow moving low value items.  Then they could be sold off in Lots with no need to be grouped, re-photographed & relisted.

@intimewithmusic 

devon@ebay  Forwarded for reference purposes only.

According to eBay help on dot com it is part of the ALL OFFERS dropdown. On dot ca you can only choose from Promoting, Sales Event and Markdown. Unable to send screenshot. Help page link below. In testing the advertising tab, that link is deactived on ca. 

Option List (dot com) includes:

• All Offers
  • Order Discount
  • Shipping Discount
  • Volume Pricing
  • Codeless Coupon
  • Coupon
  • Sale Event + Markdown (com/ca)
  • Learning Resources Tab (Dot com only)
  • Buyer Groups Tab (dot com only)
  • Advertising (not active either site)
  • Merchandising (not active either site)

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling-tools/promotions-manager?id=4094&st=3&pos=4&query=Promotio...

From my observations it does not appear what you are looking for is available on ca.

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

@intimewithmusic wrote:

No this is Volume discounting lol, we don't have that and likely never will at this rate.It's been on .com at least 5 years lol. Would be great for sports cards I sell, and other people selling in a niche where people want to buy multiple items. This  would help to level the playing field, but I as I have always assumed Quebecs laws is the hold up on most of these features.

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

I am fairly sure that volume discounting on .com is only available for the same listing, not for different listings.

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

That is one possibility, but there is a feature where you can put a whole host of listings in a "campaign" not sure if this is the right word for it, where any listings that qualifies you get a reduction based on your settings.

I have seen both options available in the sports card word. Buy multiples from the same drop down listing and save, or buy 25 cards from a sellers store and that qualify save 30% etc. Either way Canada has neither and likely will never due to Quebec law likely allowing neither of these things to happen.

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

Thank you.

I thought I'd seen something last year that made it possible but it must have been on dot com. 

I thought myabe I could construct a special Shipping Policy for those.  Unfortunately it wouldn't show up in what the customer sees in the listing.

You could use the optional 2nd line for the title as a  "banner" but that costs $2.25.  If you sacrifice part of the title you'd have to explain how to get the 3rd free in the description via "Request an Invoice". It's a lot of confusion for low value items.  It would cause customer issues and necessitate refunds.

"All Items in our store priced at $9.99 are "Buy 2 Get 3rd Free". A coupon code at check out would make it  a no brainer. (plus calc shipping) 

"Buy 3 at $9.99 and get Free Shipping" would net zero profit after fees/handling  (up to 500 grams each to USA tracked)  Free shipping won't work.

Message 20 of 21
latest reply