Is there something like this for Feb changes for Global?

Is there something like this for Feb - changes for Global.  I found this on the .com site and it is for the US sellers, I was wondering if there was anything like this for Global.  Looks like if you have 3% late shipping, you loose you TRS and if you are at 7%, I guess you are history.  

Right now I am over 3% so the ship is starting to sink, no TRS.  I might change my handling to 10 days for a few months to get my TRS back. 

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Oh my, here I thought I'll just suck it up and lose my TRS... but even too many late defects could kick me off eBay??? I'm actually at 10.8% right now but since I have lower sale volume my threshold is 5 late defects (I have 4 currently).

Now I'm contemplating changing my handling time to 15 business days... because I'm already using 5 business days right now... or changing my shipping service to display surface mail......
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Zee, you don't ship from Canada but from Asia right?  There must be something that can be done.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

I'm going to ask on Raphael on Wed, what it means and if there is any kind of appeal process or are we just out of luck?

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

I found another thing on .com which helps.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

But, if ebay factored in all of your sales during the period instead of just the ones that left feedback, your percentage would not be as high and probably not place you in jeopardy. I believe that is the solution for Canadians, yes we may get defects because of Canada post, the unrealistic time estimates and lack of shipping option to prove delivery, but if they factored all of our sales into the calculation then most of us would be frustrated by the system, but would survive, most likely with TRS intact. I find it very troubling to be held to a standard that was designed around another countries model when our postal system, cost to ship and our sparsely populated, large country are nothing alike. It just doesn't make sense. 

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

It makes a lot of sense if Ebay could care less about Ebay.ca. They may just want all of us to move to .com and follow their rules. Much easier and cheaper for them.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

@zee-chan wrote:
Oh my, here I thought I'll just suck it up and lose my TRS... but even too many late defects could kick me off eBay??? I'm actually at 10.8% right now but since I have lower sale volume my threshold is 5 late defects (I have 4 currently).

Now I'm contemplating changing my handling time to 15 business days... because I'm already using 5 business days right now... or changing my shipping service to display surface mail......

If you go over the percentage for late shipments, they may restrict your shipping options. I have no idea what they mean by that and they probably don't either.  It does not say though that you would lose the right to sell.

I'm not sure what you mean by your first paragraph. If you are now over 10% with 4 defects, what do you mean that your threshold is 5 defects?

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

@musicyouneed wrote:

Zee, you don't ship from Canada but from Asia right?  There must be something that can be done.

Half are shipped from Canada (none of these have any problems) while the other half are from Japan. All of my late shipment defects come from Japan sales so I might have to consider changing those listings' handling time to 15 days or something... usually they arrive in 2-3 weeks without problem but European mail reallllly slowed down last Fall (my guess is because of the political situation there), and obviously X'mas mail wasn't moving fast. Three of my defects are from Europe and one from USA (USA buyer bought before X'mas Day).The Japan sales brought me enough sale volume to qualify TRS but at the same time that's where I got my INRs and late defects so I guess I can't complain since that's the risk I chose to take. Which really, it's kinda silly when the majority of my buyers had no problem... only 5% felt it was "late" (or they simply answered eBay's question correctly) and 2 people claimed that their parcel was lost (I refunded both)... I buy from this Japan supplier too (over 20 times) so I know how reliable they are. 

@amya4295 wrote:

But, if ebay factored in all of your sales during the period instead of just the ones that left feedback, your percentage would not be as high and probably not place you in jeopardy. I believe that is the solution for Canadians, yes we may get defects because of Canada post, the unrealistic time estimates and lack of shipping option to prove delivery, but if they factored all of our sales into the calculation then most of us would be frustrated by the system, but would survive, most likely with TRS intact. I find it very troubling to be held to a standard that was designed around another countries model when our postal system, cost to ship and our sparsely populated, large country are nothing alike. It just doesn't make sense. 

Hopefully eBay does factor in all sales. My Japan sales don't get much feedback since a lot of these buyers are one-time or occasional (less than 20 feedback) buyers who don't leave feedback for anybody to begin with. According to my seller dashboard I have 114 transactions since last September and 5 items with late defects (4 buyers) so that should be 4%... 

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

If you go over the percentage for late shipments, they may restrict your shipping options. I have no idea what they mean by that and they probably don't either.  It does not say though that you would lose the right to sell.

I'm not sure what you mean by your first paragraph. If you are now over 10% with 4 defects, what do you mean that your threshold is 5 defects?

Just a guess... If they restrict my shipping options to using trackable services only then I'm done here. On my seller dashboard it says I need to have 5 or less late shipment defects to keep my TRS because my sale volume is still relatively low despite high enough to be TRS. 
Sellers that haven't sold as many items can still meet this requirement based on quantity instead of the percentage.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Half are shipped from Canada (none of these have any problems) while the other half are from Japan.

Rather than standard int'l shipping, why don't you use 'shipping from outside Canada'? If you don't see it, you may have to click on see more options (or something like that)

On my seller dashboard it says I need to have 5 or less late shipment defects to keep my TRS because my sale volume is still relatively low despite high enough to be TRS. 

Sellers that haven't sold as many items can still meet this requirement based on quantity instead of the percentage.
Ohhh..I didn't realize that they did that for sellers with lower sales volume. I had heard that they were going to have a minimum for all sellers but it sounds as if I was misled as I don't have anything like that on my dashboard. So if I understand correctly, your total yearly count so far is 114 transactions but when you look at the transactions they've counted in your shipping time, it is much less than 114. Is that right?
If I understand correctly,  that means that you don't lose TRS until you have 6 late shipments. That's ironic as I have more than 4 times the total transactions that you do but since the total transactions with a scan or a buyer replying to the questions is very low, I would lose my TRS if I had 4 late shipments.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

zee-chan- When your items are shipped from Japan, do you have an idea of how much tracking would add to the shipping cost? Will your supplier even consider using a tracked service?

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

(Using phone so please excuse typos)

Pj: my transaction count for past 12 months is around 229 from what I remember. 114 is my count since September (when the late defects started counting). I don't think I see the shipping from outside Canada but I'll look next time I'm on the computer.

Femme: my supplier only offers tracking with EMS so that's not feasible as it's at least $12 on top.
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Hi Pj,

I just looked and I don't have the "shipping from outside Canada" option even though I did correctly list my books as located in Japan. I mean, that option is there for domestic shipping but NOT for US/International shipping. So I'm thinking of changing all of my Japanese book listings' shipping service to "small packet international ground" to test the water... This is the only listing I have edited so far - 301856622683

BUT now I have another problem. I tried to bulk edit... while it let me change all of my items' domestic shipping all at once, it's NOT letting me do it for international shipping. If you see my screencap here, it doesn't show me the dropdown list for choosing a shipping option for international sales! Urgh that means either I'd have to do it one by one... and I don't want to edit shipping options one by one on 300+ listings...

I also have problems with my "View Order Details" page right now (like the screencap here, my view order details page is blank while it was fine last night) so eBay was probably messing around with the coding again =____= I wish they'd spend time fixing things that's actually broken instead of touching things that weren't broken to begin with.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Sorry, I hadn't noticed that 'shipping outside of Canada' is only an option for when you are shipping to Canada. I guess that makes sense.

I'm having problems with my order details pages as well but I just tried to edit international shipping and I did get the dropdown for the different shipping options. Have you tried just just checking off 50 or so listings rather than all of them at once?

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Have you tried just just checking off 50 or so listings rather than all of them at once?

That worked. Thanks! Now to see if changing to small packet international ground would kill my sales. Will give it a couple months and see how it goes. But that won't save me from the potential late defects that could come in for the January and late-December sales... Smiley Sad

Message 15 of 15
latest reply