Japanese address

I just sold something to a buyer in Japan, they indicated their address in Japanese characters.   I will be sending it through Asendia USA, Will that work?  They are a new buyer.

Japan
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Japanese address

@musicyouneed wrote:

I just sold something to a buyer in Japan, they indicated their address in Japanese characters.   I will be sending it through Asendia USA, Will that work? 

Japan

You could ask Asendia:  https://www.asendiausa.com/contact/faq/

The Japanese postal code of 360-0017 is for Kumagaya-shi, Saitama

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kumagaya,_Saitama

If I was using Canada Post I would use the Japanese address but would also include the city (Kumagaya) and prefecture (Saitama) in English on the package.

-..-

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Japanese address

Run it through Google Translate and put that Roman character address on the package as the address.

If necessary, print it out and tape it on.

Include the Japanese address as well, for the use of the postal carrier, who probably reads both.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Japanese address

Seconded. Print out the address in Japanese characters and tape it on the package so that the Japanese posties can read it.

Google translate can be a bit of a hit-or-miss though.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Japanese address

I just had my first sale to Japan and thankfully it was not in Japanese script but romanized text.

But these are all good points as I just recently added shipping to Japan from a number of my listings.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Japanese address

As it turns out, Asendia, translates the address into English.  It is tracked so we will see if it works.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Japanese address

I once showed a taxi driver the romanized address for a restaurant and he couldn't read it. I had to look up the address in actual Japanese to show him... Just sayin'.

(It was merely switching from the restaurant's English home page to Japanese home page but yeah.)
Message 7 of 7
latest reply