Keep getting Technical errors when sending invoices

laubc14
Community Member

For the past few weeks, I tried multiple times to send invoices. I have been getting the same message over and over, stating:

! There was a technical error - please try again in a moment.

I actually had to cancel an order (from Singapour) last week because I thought it was a one-time event, but I got it again today with a new sell (New Hampshire).

Please, I seriously need help! I can't call eBay's customer service right now. I made some research on Internet and litterally no one found the answer. I tried with a different browser, with a sale tax, with a discount... nothing works.

Thank you very much.

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Keep getting Technical errors when sending invoices

@laubc14 . Invoice does send even with the error message, There is a delay. You may want to check tab to request a copy for yourself each time and then wait a few for the confirmation to arrive.

tyler@ebay  Appears this is still occuring,

-Lotz

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies Hi, thanks for your reply.
I'm not sure I checked the "Copy me on invoice" the first time I tried, but I did check it for the 5-6 other times. I've got nothing in my Sent messages as for now. 

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

Are you sending an invoice because you need to adjust it in some way?  If shipping is set up in your listing and no changes are necessary, the buyer will be able to pay from the info that ebay sends them....it's not necessary to send an invoice.

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

Same here we are getting the same error. Been this way for at least a week with every invoice attempt.

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

Same here we are getting the same error. Been this way for at least a week with every invoice attempt..

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

If you mark the "copy me" box, the message will appear in your E-MAIL, not your "sent messages". The invoices are being sent, so ignore the error message.
Message 7 of 25
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@laubc14 . Invoice does send even with the error message, There is a delay. You may want to check tab to request a copy for yourself each time and then wait a few for the confirmation to arrive.

tyler@ebay  Appears this is still occuring,

-Lotz

Thanks for the tag @lotzofuniquegoodies - this is something being investigated as a technical issue. I can get accounts added to the open ticket if folks here will give me an example item number (tech is requesting this specifically). 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 25
latest reply

Same thing was happening to me a while ago.  I kept waiting for a few moments and re-trying several times.  Even waited an hour before re-trying.  Kept getting the same error message.  Decided to leave it and try later in evening.  Can you imagine my horror when I logged into my email account and found that it showed that the invoice had been sent 8 times!!!  Quick apology to the buyer who must have thought I was really impatient.

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

Just  happened to me on a sale.  Item  #303485059554.  I hope this is the right way to reply to this post so that Tyler sees it.   Happened to me last week also (item #303477610985) and we have yet to be paid for that item, but  expect it's just a late payment, so we'll send a reminder notice in the next day or two.

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

I have noticed the same thing, if you are a Seller in Canada this message will pop up to every sale made to Buyers in the USA. Many of my Canadian E-Bay invoices are still taxing US customers based on the sales tax in their particular US state.  I reported this to E-Bay staff  and they did not understand what I was saying and said that E-Bay must tax these American Buyers no matter where they buy their item from. I asked her what do all the Sellers in the world do with the US tax money they are collecting and she could not provide an answer .

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

@laubc14 @canoltrail @jcd931 @pmlinne 

tyler@ebay 

Hello Tyler,

Unfortunately this issue either is not any closer to being fixed or it's the current eBay list of reasons why a revised invoice can't be sent causing the problem. Buyers prefer an amended invoice prior to paying vs "trusting" a seller after the fact sending a refund. It's the nature of customers. As of late when I have attempted to send one it was either not available or greyed out. And we are still seeing the error message reported in the original post. Sellers need the capability to send these invoices even when there is only 1 item being purchased AND/OR in cases of multiples of the same item.

-Lotz

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

Spoiler
tyler@ebay 
@laubc14 
@pmlinne 
@canoltrail 
@jcd931 

It appears this problem may have been finally resolved. Almost 5 months from earliest reports of this issue. It was nice to send an invoice this morning and not to get that message. Sad though, that it took this long.

-Lotz
Message 13 of 25
latest reply

tyler,

I am also getting this error. ebay item number 

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

I sent an an invoice for multiple items to a US buyer the other day without any problem. Sent it from my PC. So maybe it’s fixed now.

Message 15 of 25
latest reply

this is happening to me (item #353196034011)

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

@fpodb_9 

I believe tyler is on holidays for a bit longer. Many are still seeing this message. When you send a revised invoice you should still get a confirmation email saying it went through. (Always best to have a backup to eBay mail and you will receive a copy). Your customer would have got also. If you put any kind of note in it and went to your sellers hub and tried to resend that note would be on any new attempt. Best way I know of to confirm it went through.

-Lotz

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

@tyler
I got same error message today when I tried to send invoice on item #224143591410

Buyer contacted me saying eBay would not allow him to pay so I figured sending him a new invoice might clear things up.
Right off the bat eBay did not seem to recognize the province of the buyer for sales tax calculation. Error message popped up on page

'The state you selected is not matching with buyer's state. Please select valid state'

Buyer lives in Ontario and thats what it says for his address on eBay. Why that message?
At bottom of page in the summary box everything was correct including the Ontario sales tax, this despite the error above.
Clicked send and in a new window got
'There was a technical error - please try again in a moment.'

Reported to eBay support. Agent was able to replicate my problem and said he was forwarding to technical dept.
Message 18 of 25
latest reply

same issue
item. 164387728295

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

Same issue with me, still happening in October. Awesome...

Message 20 of 25
latest reply