Late Arrival Times for Tracked Packet-USA.

I sent four packages using Canada Post Tracked Packet-USA and there now sitting at CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTIBUTION CENTER for the last three days and are now going to be arriving past the estimated delivery date.

Tracking says there in transit but when I talked to USPS Customer Service they said that there still in customs processing.

Has anyone had problems with packages that are processed through the Chicago IL International Distribution Center?  

Here's an example: LM130154621CA  

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

You are probably right, but often a tracking tag shows where an item has been rather than where it is.

Was your USPS informant able to see that the parcel was stuck in customs? Or was she making an informed guess?

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@silverpinups wrote:
... Here's an example: LM130154621CA  

January 14, 2020
In Transit to Next Facility
Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

USPS thinks it's moving.

What sort of delivery time does ebay have the package down for?

It's not as if the parcel was just sitting in Chicago.  It arrived Jan 9, then was moved to a second facility on Jan 11 (weekend).  Then left Jan 14 (yesterday).

Plus check the weather when things are slow...

"Crews were still working at the beginning of the week to clean up the mess left behind as heavy rain, whipping winds and high waves pounded the Chicago area over the weekend."

-- abc7chicago.com

-..-

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Chicago is a freaking nightmare so don't despair - I once had a package sitting there for almost a week - it did eventually start moving again. I also once had a package that moved between the Chicago Distribution Centre and Sorting Facility 4 or 5 times before it finally went on it's way - I always cringe now when I see one of my packages making it's way through Chicago - anyplace else is preferable! 🙂

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Yeah-- Chicago.

OHare Airport is a black hole too.

If you read Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman's Good Omens (or saw the Netflix series) the description of the motorway surrounding London as a demonic invention planned as an invitation to the sins of wrath and despair seems parallel.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

"What sort of delivery time does ebay have the package down for?"

eBay's estimated delivery date was Monday Jan.13/20.

I guess, I've been spoiled, I've never experienced late shipments with Tracked Packet-USA. One of the few locations has been Germany in the past.

"It's not as if the parcel was just sitting in Chicago.  It arrived Jan 9, then was moved to a second facility on Jan 11 (weekend).  Then left Jan 14 (yesterday)."

According to USPS Customer Service it is..... it doesn't take 2-3 days to travel to it's next destination.  

All the other packages traveling  through Chicago IL International Distribution Center are also in limbo with no updates.

Weather may be a definite factor.....

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member
Just out of curiosity, why is this a concern?

If your buyers haven’t said anything to you about their delayed shipments, best be just to keep on keepin’ on, by my thinking.
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

"Was your USPS informant able to see that the parcel was stuck in customs? Or was she making an informed guess?'

She said that it was probably in Customs and it's not uncommon for processing to take up to a week before it's released.

"In transit to next location doesn't mean it's moving yet"... she said as I scratched my head!    

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

"Just out of curiosity, why is this a concern?"

It's a concern because I've never had a Tracked Packet-USA arrive late before even at Christmas time.

Am I not allowed to post a question or concern?

It's a basic inquiry and most of the time I don't even look at tracking updates....

Perhaps January boredom..... does that answer your question?

Message 9 of 9
latest reply